Post-Game Talk: Jets Win in OT 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Strange to see how the game shifted after moving Laine up and Connor down. It’s like the team knew it was needed and reacted with better play.

I hope those lines stick for next game because CSW and LLE were all ass tonight.
Funny what being down 3-1 does to a team, as well as what it does to a team being up 3-1. Let's not pretend score effects didn't play a significant part in the game.

Reactions: ps241 and GNP

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The first 2 periods were terrible and didn't accomplish anything at 5 on 5. When they fought back in the 3rd, I would have been happy with a point, the extra point was just a bonus. Takes a bit of the sting away from the Oilers game.

The win was great but concerns remain. CSW line doing it's usually badness in the first 2 periods. So happy that the blender finally came out.

Wheeler looked better in the 3rd than he has ever looked all season.

Please keep these lines next game (if anything, put in Perreault on the 2nd line with Little and Connor).

I don't have an eye for goaltending but Helle looked shaky to me, seemed like he was over-committing.

Morrissey amazing as usual.

Sami Niku needs to be called up.

They won in OT but it's still a mystery to me why this team is so dumb with their decisions during 3 on 3. Morrissey has control of the puck, the forechecker is backing off, Wheeler is 1:30 into his OT shift, and instead of just holding onto the puck and letting Wheeler make the line change, he does the exact same thing that Ehlers did in the Oilers game (that Morrissey himself was telling Ehlers not to do) and tries to force a play to a dead ass tired Wheeler and causes an icing. Why?

While I am happy with the two points, the Jets remind me of me not preparing for the exam and then pulling an all-nighter the day before the exam and somehow managing to get a good grade, while that's great, it's not sustainable. If they come out like they did today against the Leafs, the Leafs will put the game out of reach by the end of the 2nd.

Blues remind me a lot of the Jets in their penchant of taking bad penalties.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I prefer to take a view where we evaluate exactly how much water there is in glass, examine if there are issues with the glass that might be causing it to leak water and what can be done to fill the glass to the rim ;)

Thanks for the laugh! :laugh:

Edit: 5 minutes later I'm still laughing. Great stuff.

TheBuyckStopsHere

Apr 2, 2014
ATL
Atlanta Native here I've been lurking on this page for awhile, but I barely post.

Just wanted to say that's the best I've seen Chiarot play in a long time. I was sure he was going to be atrocious after that quick opening goal to St Louis. T

Trouba has been on fire lately, and doesn't hurt that he's on my fantasy team haha.

Jets vs Maple Leafs wednesday on NBCSN here in the States. I can't remember the last time the Jets were on natl tv here during the regular season. Hope we can show people here in the states that are avid watchers that Jets are pretty damn good, but I think we already did that last season. It's great to see little scoring, and playing well.

GO JETS GO

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
This Central Division, I tell ya.

3rd place in the league...
3rd place in the division...

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
They won in OT but it's still a mystery to me why this team is so dumb with their decisions during 3 on 3. Morrissey has control of the puck, the forechecker is backing off, Wheeler is 1:30 into his OT shift, and instead of just holding onto the puck and letting Wheeler make the line change, he does the exact same thing that Ehlers did in the Oilers game (that Morrissey himself was telling Ehlers not to do) and tries to force a play to a dead ass tired Wheeler and causes an icing. Why?

This was more Wheeler's fault than Morrissey's. Wheeler called for the pass and had two opportunities to change before this.

None

Feb 22, 2012
That Tanev hit was really, really dumb. He should get a call.

Doubt it gets a call, the league puts a lot of emphasis on whether the player being hit turned at the last second.

6:03 - O'Reilly's right shoulder is parallel with the hashmarks, and within that same second and he turns himself so his back is toward Tanev, by 6:02 Tanev is within about a metre of O'Reilly and already committed to the hit.

On top of that O'Reilly turns his head towards Tanev in the same sequence, right before he turns his right shoulder towards the boards his head is up and looking towards the middle of the ice.

He knew Tanev was coming and instead of chipping the puck with his backhand and continuing forward towards the goal line, which would've resulted in a shoulder to shoulder check, he turns and slows the puck and puts himself in a vulnerable position.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
THIS is the team I want to see. Great reaction by Maurice to bring out the blender.

Now we are dangerous with multiple lines 5v5, and the PP, with excellent goal-tending. Almost looked like the hole was already too big to fill up anymore but F that we filled it anyway because **** yeah!

Laine still can't hit the net but I feel like he's starting to shake off the rust. Some of the shots were very Laine-esque.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Glad we won't have Laine holding back Little anymore now that Bryan seems to have returned to form

And vice versa of course. They just don't mesh, both are great players.

This team is such a pleasure to watch when it's firing on all cylinders.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Winning ugly is like winning lazily, which is what the Jet's did. Although I don't like it, and many fans don't as well -- all great teams know how to win ugly. It's certainly not a good idea to let your team get into the frame of mind, where they can take off 2 periods and come back and win. I did not see much effort in the first 2 periods from the Jets, however we'll all take the 2 points.

I don't think Helle played all that well, let in a real stinker from the blue line. He seems to lose his focus every couple of games. It's nice to have a backup like Brossoit.

I do not for one minute think they will have any trouble getting "up" to play the Leafs. It should be a real battle from 2 offensive minded clubs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robinson2187

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
That's what many of us Little critics have been saying for a long time – put him with Wheeler and watch him take off. I'm glad to see him succeed.

Reactions: larmex99 and GNP

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Why did Maurice send Connor to the second line? If he wanted to blend why not send Wheeler down as Connor’s been playing so well.

Scheifele had a really bad game but still potted 2, hopefully that was the lucky break he needed.

Little with a huge goal again.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Got the point back from the Oilers lost.

Laine Schiefele wheeler is a monster line.
Connor Little Ehlers better fit with Little.

Go Jets Go.

In a few hours lets forget about the win and hope Jets beat the Leafs.

Otherwise the world i Winnipeg will end Again. And it will be a Stanley Cup parade in T.O.

Go Jets.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Why did Maurice send Connor to the second line? If he wanted to blend why not send Wheeler down as Connor’s been playing so well.

Scheifele had a really bad game but still potted 2, hopefully that was the lucky break he needed.

Little with a huge goal again.
I think that a 2+2, +3, 5 sog point game is not so bad :huh: The team came out with a win beacuse of Chef leading the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad