Post-Game Talk: Jets Win in OT 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Dumb hit be Tanev, he was justly kicked out and I wouldn't be surprised if he was suspended a game for it.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Looked like the Jets spent their pregame time hanging out in a van with Spicoli
200.gif

Tanev took it upon himself, and volunteered to make the Sev run for the boys
tumblr_inline_o1fbbyokl91qz4bc5_500.gif

with some proper munchies the boys came out flying and soared to victory.
25ffbd848af5dfe11073bb90210654f7ae9d5e7ddc35322b0f0cf5ee2eece629_1.gif

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Roslo needs the figuring out the NHL time so when something happens he can move up the ladder if need be...

Lets see what he's like in ten games from now...

Boy if Laine gets promoted, I'd like to see Connor-Little-Roslovic. Roslovic would bring the same speed as Ehlers, but a whole different level of tenacity. And honestly I think Ehlers would score if his linemates were Perreault and Lemieux.

Did anyone else notice that Little was the 5th forward when the goalie was pulled, and the 2nd wave with Laine, on the 3 on 3? Connor got the 3rd shift. No sign of Ehlers. He's not just in my doghouse.

Nov 24, 2006
Strange to see how the game shifted after moving Laine up and Connor down. It’s like the team knew it was needed and reacted with better play.

I hope those lines stick for next game because CSW and LLE were all ass tonight.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
The Jets started to skate and forecheck with abandon which is something they did to much success last season. Maybe they will realize now every goal doesn't have to be the Mona Lisa and they will put pucks on the net and get some rebound goals

This is exactly it. Last year when they started to play “relentless” hockey, they were unstoppable.
This is how they win. Keep coming wave after wave.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
My thoughts:

- Does it honestly make sense to have Roslovic up here for 7 mins a game while he is a) waiver exempt and b) could be playing 20 mins a night in the A?

i said in another thread send him down to ripen with vesalainen on the top line why let our future sit on the bench all game when he can be logging huge minutes in the A. the point in being deep is to let the future top 6 players ripen and rotate bottom 6rs whre they shld be..

laine shief wheeler
connor little ehlers
perrault lowry tanev/copp
lemuiex petan copp/tanev

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
This comeback win was epic. Helle not as sharp tonight. This team seems to have terrible starts in games.. but they don't seem to quit.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Even when we are not firing on all cylinders, we are a scary good team. It was an awesome game to be at.

1st line was not good overall though Scheifele had a heck of a game. Wheeler was excellent on the PP. Connor was MIA until overtime with a beautiful pass. Laine looked very good with the 1st line in the third.

Ehlers was very poor for the first two periods (as was most of the team) but had a pretty good 3rd. Little was outstanding again at both ends of the ice. Laine took lots of shots but he didn't click with his linemates at all tonight until he was moved up a line.

Not a very good game from the third line. Lowry was the exception though. He continued his strong start with another excellent game. Copp and Tanev stalled a lot of offensive opportunities tonight for the Jets and Tanev with a really dumb hit that almost cost us the game. Perreault looked good on this line as he does on every line.

Two poor games in a row for Roslovic but he really didn't get a chance to make up for it with so little ice time tonight. Perreault was a buzzsaw forcing turnovers and delivering hits.

Trouba was excellent all night. Morrissey was good in spurts. Chiarot was awful until the 3rd but he started the comeback. Buff was just okay. Myers played well except I believe he passed it to the Blues' defenceman for their second goal. Morrow was the worst d-man out there tonight. Had maybe 1 or two good shifts and the rest were just bad.

Hellebuyck had a slow start to the game and let out some uncharacteristic rebounds, but he was solid after the first 20. Only the Blues' fourth goal was something that he might want back, though it was off a turnover and a good, quick shot from the slot.

Reactions: libertarian

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Agreed..this isn't as wonderful as it first appears.

That is a glass half empty view of their season so far. I'd rather look at the glass is half full version. The Jets have been out shot and out played (in some cases by a wide margin) almost every game so far yet they are still 6/2/1 in their first 9 games and third in the NHL standings. 1 point out of first over all.

Imagine how good they can be if they start putting consistent 60 min efforts every game. If this team can put it all together they will be the best team in the league.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
For those keeping track at home, the Jets won the 3rd period Corsi 26-6. 38-11 over the last two periods. They got caved in in the first 7-19. What's with these slow starts?

Edit: Also, still undefeated in the post-Dano era.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad