Post-Game Talk: Jets Win in OT 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts (8.9)....

CSW - Just horrible through two periods. Wheeler was particularly bad. Couldn't handle the puck, made bad decisions. Connor was also terrible through two. Scheifele couldn't drag them up. The third period was a different story. Scheifele kicked it up a notch and Wheeler had more urgency. Laine was fine, but still hasn't got his hands or shot back yet.

ELL - Little with another strong game. His defensive play was outstanding, as it has been all season. Ehlers was dangerous and is poised to break out, I think. As noted above, Laine just doesn't have the hands yet, though his skating is good.

CLT - Another typical game. Love how Copp works. Lowry was great again. Tanev with a dumb hit.

LRP - Didn't play as a line, but I liked Perreault's energy when he played.

44-8 Another great game by this pair. Trouba was a beast. Morrissey was outstanding. One of the best pairs in the NHL.

7-33 Pretty poor game from Buff. He as erratic, overly casual on the PP, and a disaster in OT. Chiarot with a couple of points, but his defensive play was pretty poor. His gaps are awful. As a pair, they lose concentration.

70-57 Morrow was pretty weak defensively again. Myers was okay, I guess.

Hellebuyck was meh. I didn't think he was very sharp. Caught out of position a few times.

PP was horrendous. PK was good.

Good to bank the ROW, that's for sure...

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Jets lost the first 2 periods, and won the 3rd period. They better become more consistent, and not rely on empty net goals to tie it up. Why can't they play like that for all 3 periods ??

I do like Connor moved down to the 2nd line with Little and Ehlers. It's time to shake things up, and see what happens.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
This will be one of those wins where many players rather not review game film on. We plopped it on 2 periods and pulled it out in the third. Not a recipe for success.

Still, we are winning ugly which is important early in the season.

Want to see more of Ehlers and Connor on the same line. Give it some time, could be a lethal pairing

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Too bad Ehlers and Laine missed what turned into a good game!

MIA.

Small Dutch Male, small in stature, blond hair, fair complexion. Last seen somwhere around the BEll MTS Centre in Mid May 2018

Tall Finnish male, blond hair, translucent skin, last seen with small in stature pale skinned Dutch male somewhere around Bell MTS Centre in Mid May 2018

May be together, not considered dangerous!

They have been kidnapped by a man known only as "Little"

Reactions: sipowicz

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
The Jets creating 1 million manic depressive fans.
I cant keep up with the emotions anymore.
Am I supposed to be happy, sad...? It changes by the minute.

Reactions: ps241 and GNP

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
It's the budgie's night off, so...

EagerQuickIsabellineshrike-small.gif

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I was under the cilantro haze for the Tuba goal, my mind told me to run around like the ultimate warrior. But my body told me "Woah, slow down big fella and stuff another handful of hickory sticks down my gullet".

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
This will be one of those wins where many players rather not review game film on. We plopped it on 2 periods and pulled it out in the third. Not a recipe for success.

Still, we are winning ugly which is important early in the season.

Want to see more of Ehlers and Connor on the same line. Give it some time, could be a lethal pairing

I don't know about that. I watched Connor fly into the corner and Ehlers stand 4 feet away from the puck waving his stick at it half assed. Ehlers needs to toughen up, he's too much of a p***y along the boards. I've never seen someone so scared to fight for the puck, he just stands stick length away swinging at it. Of course he never wins those battles.

The only way those two play well together is perhaps off the rush.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Another ugly win..time to panic right?..If we win 10 ugly games in a row..probably still time to panic. If we are 28-7-5 at the mid way point playing like this most of the time... its a travesty and time to panic right?

Reactions: 204hockey

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
We Won...

If Troubs ever leaves he's a fool, he belongs with the team that drafted him...

Sheif deserves a big raise next contract… We owe him so much already let alone what we will owe him soon enough...

Little is back, little is more happy about it, than we all are...

I guess that's why they call it, the blues.... :naughty:

Go :jets Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->