GDT: Jets vs Stars - October 6th, 6PM CT - "The Family Business" - Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So, can Laine please not have a hat-trick in our first meeting of the season? It's rude to treat a new coach like that. Also can't believe the Jerts picked him over Matthews.

At least Armia Starkiller is no longer on the team...
6f466f4d6939d077d963350296b31fce.jpg

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I'm really trying to wrap my mind around using Ehlers on the 4th line, with a 19 year old kid, who shouldn't be there ?? Ehlers scored around 28 goals last year, and had a point total of 65 points. Does this make sense :dunno:

We're paying a guy $ 6 mil per year to play 9 minutes per game ?? :huh:

It was one game. He played 161 seconds less than Laine and 162 seconds less than Wheeler at 5v5. I wouldn’t be too worried.

Reactions: HannuJ and YWGinYYZ

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I haven't followed the pre-season, what are the plans with Lemieux? Are they going to rotate him in here and there?

I don't think their planning on using Lemieux-- but that's exactly what I'd do. I would rotate him and Dano with Roslo and Ehlers, and see who does better. I'd like to see that line get going. I would send Vesalainen back to Europe for another year of development.

Last edited:
Reactions: 204hockey

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

I don't think their planning on using Lemieux-- but that's exactly what I'd do. I would rotate him and Dano with Roslo and Ehlers, and see who does better. I'd like to see that line get going. I would send Vesalainen back to Europe for another year of developement.

Okay thanks. Thought maybe some guys Maurice might went him to get under someone's skin and he'll put him in.
I haven't watched Vesa a lot but when I saw a bit in exhibition he didn't look too great. Made a great pass the first game and also a bad giveaway that's about all I remember.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
5-1 I believe

Yes, but you're forgetting that second phantom goal that the Blues scored after the Jets did, which is why it was only "three unanswered goals" after we got our 4th :P Dennis saw it, Jet saw it too, what more proof do you need?

Go Jets Go that is all.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm really trying to wrap my mind around using Ehlers on the 4th line, with a 19 year old kid, who shouldn't be there ?? Ehlers scored around 28 goals last year, and had a point total of 65 points. Does this make sense :dunno:

We're paying a guy $ 6 mil per year to play 9 minutes per game ?? :huh:

...& last year we spend $29,000,000 on defence.

Enjoy these days rather than complain about them. The luxury of having these options won't last long.

Reactions: SUX2BU and YWGinYYZ

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Sleep will be sacrificed to watch this game.

Expecting destroyment of the Stars. Just have a tad of a bad feeling about this overconfidence but I have done the calculations and absolutely nothing can go wrong.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

I don't think their planning on using Lemieux-- but that's exactly what I'd do. I would rotate him and Dano with Roslo and Ehlers, and see who does better. I'd like to see that line get going. I would send Vesalainen back to Europe for another year of development.
you're 0 for 2 in this thread.
pretty sure it's been discussed in other articles (in reference to Vesalainen) how Dano and Lemieux will likely be rotated in.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
There's a great compilation on YouTube of other broadcasts reacting to Laine goals. I think half of it is Dallas Stars footage.

The play by play guy sounds so defeated by the end :laugh:

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
Gonna miss this game because I work early tomorrow morning which sucks, but I have faith Laine will continue to do Laine things to the Stars.

The march to 82-0 continues!

Oh and GJF you reminded me that I got Gamecenter live this year which means I get the replays too. That makes me feel slightly better. :D
I would settle for 63-10-9

Setting a record for most wins in a season.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Really excited to watch Heiskanen tonight.

Same here. His first NHL shift was just unbelievable. He was also totally unfair guy on FEL couple of times against my favourite team single-handedly bringing his team back into the game.

He is dancing over the ice, unbelievable skating skills.

I'm not sure yet whether to wake up 2 am to watch the game live or just to watch the record.

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Same here. His first NHL shift was just unbelievable. He was also totally unfair guy on FEL couple of times against my favourite team single-handedly bringing his team back into the game.

He is dancing over the ice, unbelievable skating skills.

I'm not sure yet whether to wake up 2 am to watch the game live or just to watch the record.

Yeah Heiskanen is unbelievable. That whole Dallas team is gonna make some waves this season, top 3 in the division imo so a win here would be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->