GDT: Jets vs Stars - October 6th, 6PM CT - "The Family Business" - Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Don;t know this show but I do know (pretty sure) the Stars will be better this year so we'll need to be on our game for the W.

Can Fly have more than 7 mins Paul? Helly is a wall.

GJG

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Don;t know this show but I do know (pretty sure) the Stars will be better this year so we'll need to be on our game for the W.

Not sure about that. Do you consider a third pairing of Polak-Carrick better? :sarcasm:

Comeau is an upgrade, Heiskanen is an upgrade, Nichushkin is probably an upgrade but he's hurt...coaching is probably the biggest change.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
upload_2018-10-6_10-5-17.png

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I hope the team isn't carrying the same chip on their shoulders that we are. Many teams have missed the playoffs after reaching the SCF, so we can't assume we will be there again and we are just going to go around destroying teams.

We beat St. Louis 5-2 but that was hardly a dominant win. Jake Allen forgot he was playing goal in the 3rd and Helle was near otherworldly.

Lets pump the brakes a little. I'm as excited for this season as the next guy but there's lots of work to be done.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I hope the team isn't carrying the same chip on their shoulders that we are. Many teams have missed the playoffs after reaching the SCF, so we can't assume we will be there again and we are just going to go around destroying teams.

We beat St. Louis 5-2 but that was hardly a dominant win. Jake Allen forgot he was playing goal in the 3rd and Helle was near otherworldly.

Lets pump the brakes a little. I'm as excited for this season as the next guy but there's lots of work to be done.

With all respect, pumping brakes now is not what any SCF teams should do, as to not pumping breaks is just that "work to be done" now, as "destroying teams" is an inevitable requirement for PO spot and SCF, and SC in every damn season.

No breaks at least against Stars in the 2nd game of the season, please! :)

pictman

Mar 7, 2012
pictish hills

5-1 I believe

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
To each their own, I say.

I expect to destroy every team we meet this year. If it doesn't happen, I have my beer to console me, and life will go on. I'll let the players do the worrying. ;)

Go Jets!
Death, taxes, optimistic quotes by Ports in GDTs. :laugh:

Eights wins on the trot against the Stars - let's make it nine, shall we? Expecting Laine to do the usual too.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
there is not enough malaise in the world someone can have that can make this happen.

Yeah but I read in the paper today that Connor is an emerging star, poor Ehlers just gets to play 4th line against the Stars!

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Awesome GDT, huge fan of Spernatural. Have a thing for Rowena, her Scot accent and red hair. Damn!

Should be a great game, Dallas could be better than last year but not quite good enough.

Things I want to see tonight:
  • More Helly
  • More Laine
  • More farmboy
  • Still hoping for a post game post from the professor as we need some more epic sayings!
  • More rock-paper-scissors

Reactions: Robinson2187

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I loved getting the W in St Louis but we leaked 41 shots so yea that was at best a 6 our of 10 game but we had a 9 out of 10 god like net minder.

Edmonton last season and Dallas two seasons ago were both highly favoured teams coming off of big seasons with decent playoff runs and they both crashed and burned under the weight of expectations. The one common denominator is both of their goaltending teams completely imploded and if that happens to us we will be on the outside looking in too. I think we have enough of a TALENTED veteran presence to overcome the big fall off. Wheeler and co get it this might be the best chance we ever have of winning a cup so we need to continue with last seasons killer instinct.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player pre-game audio: Joe Morrow.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: What is the plan for morning skates? Not having a true day off since last Saturday, does that factor in? Status of Patrik Laine/Bryan Little. How does Heiskanen change the Stars back end? Does he notice any changes to the Dallas game plan with the new coach? Does he expect the wide-open nature of the Jets/Stars games of the past to continue? Any rhyme or reason to Laine’s success against Dallas?

To listen click here.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
supernatural-hockey-jersey-design1.png

I appreciate all the hard work that you put into your GDT's! Unfortunately, I'm living in the 80's and have never seen Supernatual, so the references just went over my head, sorry.

I'm looking forward to another great game by our guys! Let's take the shine out of them Stars! Go Jets Go!
That’s what Netflicks are for ;)

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm really trying to wrap my mind around using Ehlers on the 4th line, with a 19 year old kid, who shouldn't be there ?? Ehlers scored around 28 goals last year, and had a point total of 65 points. Does this make sense :dunno:

We're paying a guy $ 6 mil per year to play 9 minutes per game ?? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->