Post-Game Talk: JETS vs SENS, Saturday 2:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Guy Boucher pre-game... "We've played really well lately,well not lately, for a long time now"

? I'm confused

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Is it possible for players to be traded mid game and play for the other team during the same game?

It would be all time hilarious to see Mark stone skate off the ice in a Sens jersey down the Jets hallway and re-emerge 5 minutes later with a Jets jersey on.

Hopefully the inverse happens for Laine ;-)

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Guy Boucher pre-game... "We've played really well lately,well not lately, for a long time now"

? I'm confused

It's not false that the compete level.is there and they are kinda in all match.

But it is kinda sad when you play "really well" but still go on a 5 games losing with all kond of excuse after every lost.

"We feel we deserve better"...

Ok, but good team get better because they are actually well coach and have good player all over the lineup.

Stop the excuses GB.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The big market Jets sure have amassed quite a powerhouse squad.

Well their owner is filthy rich and doesn't meddle.

People also tend to forget how people were starting to get antsy about the Jets. Before last year, they hadn't won a playoff game in 7 years of being in the League.

A great example of how quickly things can turn around.

Reactions: DueDiligence

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

People also tend to forget how people were starting to get antsy about the Jets. Before last year, they hadn't won a playoff game in 7 years of being in the League.

Biggest difference between them and us is patience.

Their GM didn't trade a ton of young assets for the likes of Ryan, Duchene, Brassard, Phaneuf and Burrows before the team was a true contender.

Their GM also didn't lose almost every major trade he made. On the contrary, as Chevy has won most of the trades he's made.

The Jets are a testament to what the Sens could have been if we Murray and Dorion had been patient and built through the draft instead of dealing the team's long-term assets for short-term fixes at every available opportunity.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
"I'll be out of a job by April, gotta put the best spin on this mess as I can so someone will hire me by September."

Duchene, Dorion, Boucher have all been making confusing statements these days. Is someone smoking weed in the dressing room or something?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

This true. People used to rip on Chevy all the time asking what he actually did as GM because of his lack of transactions.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

? I'm confused

The underlying scoring chance data has been reasonably good since the start of that 8 game losing streak.

I didn't look up the exact start date of the streak but since December 15th we are

20th in SCF%
11th in HDCF %

Yet only 30th in points % and last in points

The culprit to me is the scoring chance against save % which is 24th coming off Thursday shut out. Prior to Thursday's game it was 27th.

Our scoring chance data at 20th and 11th in high danger would typically say bubble team. We've been getting sunk by not getting a save when we need it according to both the eye test and the data.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The culprit to me is the scoring chance against save % which is 24th coming off Thursday shut out. Prior to Thursday's game it was 27th.

That's the culprit?

Not... you know... the league-worst blueline and terrible system that doesn't even seem to care about things like gap control on the defence?

I mean, yeah, we're a bit stimied on the scoring percentages, sure. Agreed. But that's not why we're dead last in the league.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Wheeler 3 pt game coming up
Kyle Connor goal
Ceci own goal and Boro goes for a swim resulting in a GA

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
That's the culprit?

Not... you know... the league-worst blueline and terrible system that doesn't even seem to care about things like gap control on the defence?

I mean, yeah, we're a bit stimied on the scoring percentages, sure. Agreed. But that's not why we're dead last in the league.
It’s definitely not the fact that Borowiecki is getting a lot of reps...oy vey it’s so obvious what’s going on here.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That's the culprit?

We are not stymied in scoring chance data at all. Being 11th in the league over that stretch in high danger percent for yet 30th in points for is quite an anomaly.

Go on and on if you like about this and that, but something is working when you are mid pack in scoring chances and towards the top of the pack in high end chances.

But carry on with your views. Don't let data get in the way of a good rant.

Reactions: coladin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad