Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Panthers - Helsinki (Nov 1 & 2) Hartwall Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I hope the prices come out early enough so I can make the decision of blowing a 1/6th of my bank account on 2 regulation games
And Jets fans who are going to Helsinki, the Hartwall Arena is really really expensive and I don't think you will be impressed by the fact that you can't bring alcoholic beverages to the stands

Do you guys think it's a faux pas to wear a Kärpät jersey for Aho? Kärpät jersey + a Nashville cap might not be the best outfit possible for a Jets-Canes match :D

What!?!?! Deal breaker!!
Jokes aside it would be a fun experience to check out Helsinki.

Ill watch from the beach in Mexico instead lol.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Finns probably going crazy right now!!

Hopefully Laine lights it up that night!

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I'm less excited. Wanted CAR-WPG but Barkov vs Laine, Armia is a decent storyline.
Really wanted to see Aho. Oh well, I'll still try
to go.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
^The Panthers being in the game probably ensures the largest bump in HRR.

You also have two of Finland's biggest stars in the game

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
In November though? Not sure I like the idea of them going in November Would rather it be at the start of the season.

Laine5GoalGame

Post per game
Sep 18, 2017
Couch, Finland
In 2011 I went to see Buffalo-Anaheim in Helsinki and the cheapest ticket was 110€ so I'm thinking this will be 150$+ for the upper bowl.
takemymoney.jpg

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Yeah, are there bigger NHL Finns than Laine and Barkov? Laine is #1 but is Barkov pretty easily #2? Or would it be a Koivu or Granlund or someone?

I guess the consensus is currently that Barkov is the #1 by a quite margin and then there is Laine as a #2.

Barkov might be one of the most underrated NHL players this century. He is a PPG center that is actually super good defensively. Just a little bit worse offensively than Scheifele, but hugely better defensively. He is still developing and a young guy, almost exactly 2 and half years younger than Scheifele.

That said, I think Laine will surpass Barkov in couple of years. Also it's apples to oranges so not that easy to compare.

Reactions: JetsFan815

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I guess the consensus is currently that Barkov is the #1 by a quite margin and then there is Laine as a #2.

Barkov might be one of the most underrated NHL players this century. He is a PPG center that is actually super good defensively. Just a little bit worse offensively than Scheifele, but hugely better defensively. He is still developing and a young guy, almost exactly 2 and half years younger than Scheifele.

That said, I think Laine will surpass Barkov in couple of years. Also it's apples to oranges so not that easy to compare.

Really? I thought Laine was known even by non hockey fans. Or are you talking about skill? I meant celebrity status in Finland.

Barkov is easily the best Finnish player in the NHL imo.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not a fan of this at all. Zero upside for us as Jets fans. Central is a bloodbath, and throwing in an 8 time zone shift and 10,000 miles or so of travel, can do nothing but hurt their competiveness when they get back.

It would be great if they could play the end of pre season/2 1st games of the season in Finland, so they would only have to deal with 1 time difference change on a quick schedule.

Like Edmonton- Jersey.

The great Winnipeg vs Florida rivalry continues!:huh:

Barkov is a franchise C, we have exactly one of those in the NHL.

He with Laine will will make the crowd go crazy.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
anyone wonder if the season ticket prices will drop next year due to this one game being eliminated?
*snicker*

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
anyone wonder if the season ticket prices will drop next year due to this one game being eliminated?
*snicker*

They will only charge for 44 games instead of 45. Total bill probably rises slightly if they use 3% increases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad