Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Panthers - Helsinki (Nov 1 & 2) Hartwall Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
In 2011 I went to see Buffalo-Anaheim in Helsinki and the cheapest ticket was 110€ so I'm thinking this will be 150$+ for the upper bowl.
I hope the prices come out early enough so I can make the decision of blowing a 1/6th of my bank account on 2 regulation games
And Jets fans who are going to Helsinki, the Hartwall Arena is really really expensive and I don't think you will be impressed by the fact that you can't bring alcoholic beverages to the stands

Do you guys think it's a faux pas to wear a Kärpät jersey for Aho? Kärpät jersey + a Nashville cap might not be the best outfit possible for a Jets-Canes match :D

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'll try for sure, might make it into a weekend trip with my girlfriend and since she's a St. Petersburg girl, she knows Helsinki quite well. Not sure what to do with here during the game though :laugh:

Isn't there ferry service between Helsinki and St. Petersburg?

Reactions: jets2020champs

Male75FromFinland

Aug 5, 2010
Call me crazy but I have followed NHL daily since 1989 and I have decided that my first live NHL game is at CANADA!!! Or maybe at Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Boston. And yeah I would not be thrilled to see buff in that game (unless he is opponent).

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
Yeah well nice for the finnish Laine bandwagoners. Not really changing much for me - might as well go to Winnipeg anyways IF I EVER ****ING ARE GOING TO ABLE TO PAY FOR THAT ****

oh and yes, I AM INDEED SALTY about the fact that our barely 2 year long finnish posters get to see the Jets before I do.
Relax, some of us Finnish bandwagoners have been with this franchise way before they even moved to Winnipeg and I still haven't seen a game live on the spot.

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
You do realize there's quite a bunch of us Jets fans living in Finland?

Yes I do, and it does not change my opinion. I have four season tickets and help pay the bills. This is going to hurt the performance of the team, and I think the people who are actually paying take priority. If it happens, I will be happy for the fans living in Finland, but unhappy about what it means for the rest of us.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I'm pretty sure every team is required to participate overseas. I believe it's been added to the CBA. We had to play in Europe or China eventually. Seems like a good time to do it IMO

PS and better to do Europe than Asia

Reactions: FinJetster

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Not a fan of this at all. Zero upside for us as Jets fans. Central is a bloodbath, and throwing in an 8 time zone shift and 10,000 miles or so of travel, can do nothing but hurt their competiveness when they get back.

Traveling is not nice, though they are used to have those flights all the time so I'm not that worried.

What comes to timezone shift, I guess they'll try to mostly avoid it. There is not such law that you need to sleep between 10 pm - 8 am and to my knowledge KHL teams tend to stay within their natural timezone basically sleeping when traveling and local people is awake, then being awake when local people is sleeping.

If they have those games let's say at Saturday and Sunday, they don't have to be that late Finnish time, and while they might be a bit late for the Jets, there is no need for that 8 hour time zone shift.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Aboot 13.5K or 14.

Jets normally sell 15,264 tickets at pretty close to that 100-300 $ range (minus season ticket discount). I can't see the team wanting to take a revenue loss. With fewer seats to sell the average price might be well above that $100 floor.

If you want to take advantage of that once in a lifetime opportunity you may have to be prepared to pay a hefty price.

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
Jets normally sell 15,264 tickets at pretty close to that 100-300 $ range (minus season ticket discount). I can't see the team wanting to take a revenue loss. With fewer seats to sell the average price might be well above that $100 floor.

If you want to take advantage of that once in a lifetime opportunity you may have to be prepared to pay a hefty price.

As long as they're not like 500 I won't let that stop me :)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not a fan of this at all. Zero upside for us as Jets fans. Central is a bloodbath, and throwing in an 8 time zone shift and 10,000 miles or so of travel, can do nothing but hurt their competiveness when they get back.

Have to agree with this - though I won't begrudge our Finn(Euro) friends this opportunity. Mixed feelings.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm pretty sure every team is required to participate overseas. I believe it's been added to the CBA. We had to play in Europe or China eventually. Seems like a good time to do it IMO

PS and better to do Europe than Asia

Much better Europe than Asia. That travel would really be a killer.

How many teams have participated in this overseas play to date? Do exhibition games count?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Much better Europe than Asia. That travel would really be a killer.

How many teams have participated in this overseas play to date? Do exhibition games count?

I don't know the answer but the NHLPA is onboard because it increases HRR

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
As long as they're not like 500 I won't let that stop me :)

The best seats probably will be around that price but I expect they will try to keep some seats more affordable too. I thinking = to or a little <$150 to start.

Reactions: boyko10

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't know the answer but the NHLPA is onboard because it increases HRR

There has been a lot of media talk in the last couple of years about the NHL wanting to build the game in China. I can't quite see it myself. How could they monetize that with the distances involved? Even if they are just looking to build a TV audience, time zones make it extremely awkward.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
There has been a lot of media talk in the last couple of years about the NHL wanting to build the game in China. I can't quite see it myself. How could they monetize that with the distances involved? Even if they are just looking to build a TV audience, time zones make it extremely awkward.

The number of eyeballs on TV is astronomical. IIRC the NBA has higher viewership there than in the US. The potential is huge if they can get to half of what the NBA has.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The number of eyeballs on TV is astronomical. IIRC the NBA has higher viewership there than in the US. The potential is huge if they can get to half of what the NBA has.

How are they managing the time difference? Are broadcasts delayed? Do millions watch at 7-8 AM?

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002

Highest season tickets price per game is 151.50$(2017-2018) and the lowest is 45.65$(2017-2018), 13 000 tickets are sold this way. In 2013 the average price of a ticket was $86.25 gross and 76$ net so if we up the price by 10% for current it's 95CDN gross per ticket.

15 321 x 95 = 1 455 495$ = 1 172 00€ gross

Let's assume a modest(7 years ago cheapest 2nd bowl ticket was 100€+) avg ticket price of 150€ for Hartwall arena and capacity of 13,349

13 349 x 150 = 2 002 350€ = 2 486 000$ gross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad