Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Panthers - Helsinki (Nov 1 & 2) Hartwall Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Ticket prices for the Heritage Classic were also ridiculous. Didn't stop me from going. How many times do you think a once in a lifetime event comes along? Hint: less than two.

When you are near the end of your life, you will not regret the things you've done, only the things you didn't do.

Well there are two games being played so... :sarcasm:

My work is done here.

m.

Reactions: Tommigun

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Well there are two games being played so... :sarcasm:

My work is done here.

m.

kmhn57l.jpg

:p:

puckinhoots

Jul 25, 2014
Anyone else order hard copy tickets? I got mine in the mail today, was hoping for the fee (40euro) they would be a piece of art, unfortunately they aren't.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I only got the tickets for Friday’s game, apparently they screwed up the shipment of Thursday’s tickets. I’ll get them next week instead. I’m so excited! Will go buy some Jets gear at the local NHL shop soon. My mum gets one of those ugly big hand props :)

Last edited:
Reactions: PhilJets

sashalaine

Apr 2, 2016
Helsinki
Does anyone know from the previous international NHL games what kind of merchandise they are selling at the arena? Like will it be just the stuff they have on the international NHL shop, or is it even less limited?

Btw for those who are coming from abroad, feel free to ask if you have any questions about Helsinki etc.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Does anyone know from the previous international NHL games what kind of merchandise they are selling at the arena? Like will it be just the stuff they have on the international NHL shop, or is it even less limited?

Btw for those who are coming from abroad, feel free to ask if you have any questions about Helsinki etc.

I’ve been wondering about it as well, should I buy a jersey before the game or can I do it on-site?

Gray Matter

Sep 10, 2018
Winnipeg
We have a group of 5 from Winnipeg going to both games in Helsinki. We were hoping to connect with other people heading over for the trip and organize a meetup. Also, any local Finnish recommendations for a suitable bar for such a pre-game event near the arena would be awesome!

Reactions: 4th Line Beast

puckinhoots

Jul 25, 2014
Did anyone get the collector ticket from ticketmaster Finland for the games? We ordered what we thought were the collector tickets for both games but they were just normal hard copy tickets, wondering if there's a way I can still get my hands on the collector ones?

nicholascanada

Mar 7, 2018
Did anyone get the collector ticket from ticketmaster Finland for the games? We ordered what we thought were the collector tickets for both games but they were just normal hard copy tickets, wondering if there's a way I can still get my hands on the collector ones?

I contacted Ticketmaster Finland and you cannot exchange unfortunately.

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland

I'd guess it will be pretty much the same stuff. So lots of Laine -jerseys etc.

The XXL sports store in Tammisto, Vantaa has 25 % off of everything, so I got myself a nice Jets hoodie today with a reasonable price. Official NHL merhc. and reasonable pricing tend not to be around each other that often, after all.

I'm very pleased with the little Jets gear I have now. It took me almost a decade before I got my authentic Thrashers jersey back in the day, and the next year the team was no more (or it kinda still was and is, it just became this team :nod:). I'm definitely not a superstitious person at all, but I guess I leave the jersey purchase to the indefinite feature :laugh:.

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
I’m coming to friday game with my friend driving, so unfortunately we will not hang around in bars before the game. But still welcome to Finland all Jets fans!

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
Well I have a ticket for the team practices on Wednesday 31. 10. It will be fun to see them live :hockey:
They were giving the practice tickets away today at the XXL sports store in Tammisto. Or I presume they were, because the shop assistant asked me if I'd want to get one (as I was shopping for Jets gear).

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Panthers have had a poor start and Winnipeg a bit less than ideal (Not bad though). It'll be interesting to see how this trip affects these teams and if some myths are broken.

At least Florida can't blame the trip for their sucking.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
We have a group of 5 from Winnipeg going to both games in Helsinki. We were hoping to connect with other people heading over for the trip and organize a meetup. Also, any local Finnish recommendations for a suitable bar for such a pre-game event near the arena would be awesome!
I don't think there's any bars near the arena , arena is kind of in the middle of nowhere. I'd say it's about 2 miles from Helsinki Central Station , where you have a lot of nightclubs and bars around there. You can take a taxi from the Central Station or a bus whichever you prefer. The taxis are really clean and extremely professional , so I would suggest to use them. They will make you pay if you barf in to the taxi though , and they might make you clean it LOL.

Nothing too dangerous is going on in there , you have some immigrant gangs , or the locals may try to fight you , at least that's how it was when I still lived in Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->