Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Panthers - Helsinki (Nov 1 & 2) Hartwall Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I've been trying to call the Finland Ticketmaster with no luck either.

I feel for you! Have you tried to open a new browser window and start from scratch?

ATM there are 2 tickets left for the other and 1 for the another...

Edit: all in the sudden there are plenty of tickets available for the first game.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I feel for you! Have you tried to open a new browser window and start from scratch?

No because it said that would affect your place in line.
I have this going on two different devices (laptop and iPad)
Sucks that I was in right away and everything looked good but I just got the same error message on check out every time.

Reactions: Halberdier

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Oh well looks like I have to give up.
I have a buddy in the sports travel industry looks like I will likely have to go through his connections and pay even more to get tickets.

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Well, atleast now there's plenty of time to arrange a holiday from work around these dates, shouldn't be too difficult. Got pretty good places for both games.

Will be the first time I see an NHL game live and my wife sees any hockey game live, which should be quite interesting as well.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
I got a feeling that there will be many 2nd hand tickets available for a reasonable price when the actual game is nearer. At least with concert tickets, black market guys only make profit when reselling a few days after the tickets have been sold out. After that nobody in their right mind is paying hundreds of extra.

Usually I believe in free market but I have to say that I'd enjoy it if eBay and its comparables would take action and set a new rule that you can only sell tickets at, say, list price + 10% at maximum. If the asking price would be more, delete the ad (and maybe even the account). If there is an auction and the final price goes beyond that maximum, automatically donate the extra amount to charity. I understand that this would be difficult to enforce 100% but in reality there are not that many events which suffer from this black market problem.

Currently there is an ad on a Finnish auction site for 2 tickets for Thursday game and the asking price is 900€ (way over $1000). Makes me sick. I did not get tickets. :ha: I could have paid the 99€ but no way I'm spending more than that. We'll see.

Reactions: FVM and FinJetster

Reviresco

Aug 4, 2008
Tried to buy tickets, had them in the checkout but the website wouldn't keep ut :( Anyone got their hands on three extra for the Friday game? Pls PM me if you do. Cheers

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
I got my second ticket today from the actual ticket office (for payment method reasons, I won't go further into now). There was about 20+ of us in the row as the office opened up. Someone had reserved a few tickets on the best seats, but decided not to buy them after all, so the cashiers asked if anyone of us wanted to buy them (basically all the tickets with two seats side by side were gone by now) but none did as we all already had ours. I guess there will some tickets like this available later on. Don't know if they release them today of tomorrow morning, though.

Last edited:

nicholascanada

Mar 7, 2018
Anyone have suggestions for quality third party resellers of this game? I now need an extra pair and see it sold out overnight. Preferably like to hear from someone over in Europe.

From what I found, Ticketmaster has Seatwave. Since it is backed by TM, that seems very legitimate.

Stubhub UK is not listing this game. Ticketbis and viagogo have it but I know nothing of those companies.

Any comments would be appreciated as I wade into the wonderful world of over priced seats!

Cheers,
Nick

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
So after all that it was CIBC that was blocking my payment attempts.
They assumed it was attempted fraud.
Maybe for the best two tickets to 2 games were gonna run me close to $1300 Canadian.
In the heat of the moment I was saying yes.
But that's a lot to add to an already expensive trip.
I'm going to look into some other options.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I decided to buy ticket to the game on Thursday. I'll go alone but still it's probably well worth it. Nice that you can still buy some tickets.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I got tickets from ticketmaster desk. I was 1rst in line of 30 people. I had my tickets in hand by 9:03 and the guy after me coulnd't get 2 seats next to each other at 9:04 for either game.
Horrible arranged event but not surprised as bigger events are often f***ed up in Finland.

I had tickets for Florida-Chicago (all 4 games Panthers played in finland) in 2011. I was then first in line too but you could easily still get tickets hours even days later. Of course then ONLY ticketmaster was allowed to sell tickets

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
So after all that it was CIBC that was blocking my payment attempts.
They assumed it was attempted fraud.
Maybe for the best two tickets to 2 games were gonna run me close to $1300 Canadian.
In the heat of the moment I was saying yes.
But that's a lot to add to an already expensive trip.
I'm going to look into some other options.
I am sorry to hear this. You were so well prepared:( Hopefully you can get tickets some other way. I believe there will be tickets on reasonable price closer to event on second hand market. Of course I understand all the other costs piling up if you fly from Canada without tickets prehand. How many you would need?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I am sorry to hear this. You were so well prepared:( Hopefully you can get tickets some other way. I believe there will be tickets on reasonable price closer to event on second hand market. Of course I understand all the other costs piling up if you fly from Canada without tickets prehand. How many you would need?

I’m looking for 2 tickets for either or both games. We have other plans in Europe that made extending the trip to Finland a possibility. I’m going through a friend who works for a local sports tourism company hopefully he can help. The prices online now for re-sales are ridiculous and I wouldn’t do that. Hopefully it will work out. My inexperience of buying stuff online out of country cost me the tickets I should have got.

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
You should also ask from Jets organization. Yeah re-sales are ridiculous now but those will come down for sure.

nicholascanada

Mar 7, 2018
You should also ask from Jets organization. Yeah re-sales are ridiculous now but those will come down for sure.

Sure hope they do but I find there is next to nothing listed for either game..only a handful or two for inventory...which usually means prices will stay where they are for a long time, or be sold.

Sure glad that Samsung presale was posted here. So easy that day.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
According to a friend of mine he and his colleagues got their tickets in advance from the company they work for.
And so did a lot of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad