Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Sip is just angry because they won't let him cross the border :sarcasm:

Sip the Mexican.jpg

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Still think it was a classless move by the Jets not bringing Niku or Vesalainen to play in at least one game in Finland. I'm pretty confident Vesalainen would've been just fine in the 4 minutes of ice time Lemieux had last game. And Niku would've been just fine playing Kulikov/Morrow minutes.

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
You think many players can skate like he does? Don't get me wrong, i like Ehlers, but he's not exactly full of confidence right now. The penalties he drew were obviously very valuable.

No, I think most players shoot the puck at a goalies chest more than they actually score... Laine might be the exception but I also think he should shoot more.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Still think it was a classless move by the Jets not bringing Niku or Vesalainen to play in at least one game in Finland. I'm pretty confident Vesalainen would've been just fine in the 4 minutes of ice time Lemieux had last game. And Niku would've been just fine playing Kulikov/Morrow minutes.

Missed opportunity. Fairly disappointed with the Jets on this.

Reactions: thegr8one66

theinkster

Apr 10, 2018
Missed opportunity. Fairly disappointed with the Jets on this.

I'm asking because I honestly don't know - in order for us to have brought Vesa and Niku on the trip to Finland, wouldn't we have needed to send someone down to the Moose? Do we have anybody who could've been sent down without having to worry about waivers?

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles

Completely disagree. You don't bring players just because it's a hometown game. This isn't recreational hockey. You can argue they are better than current roster players and that would be fair but if we start handing starts based off hometowns then you need to bring players up constantly with all the travel the team does...

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Completely disagree. You don't bring players just because it's a hometown game. This isn't recreational hockey. You can argue they are better than current roster players and that would be fair but if we start handing starts based off hometowns then you need to bring players up constantly with all the travel the team does...

Ok....I argue that they are better than current roster players.

Nothing to do with hometown....just home country. It's not like we'll ever play another regular season game in Finland. Definitely doesn't hurt us by having them in the lineup.

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm asking because I honestly don't know - in order for us to have brought Vesa and Niku on the trip to Finland, wouldn't we have needed to send someone down to the Moose? Do we have anybody who could've been sent down without having to worry about waivers?

We were allowed to bring an extra defenseman (due to playing overseas). The Jets chose to bring Poolman.

For Vesalainen, we would've needed to send someone down to the Moose (Lemieux). He doesn't need to clear waivers.

A simple thing the Jets could've done to make the Finnish trip an even better experience. :huh:

Last edited:

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Ok....I argue that they are better than current roster players.

Nothing to do with hometown....just home country. It's not like we'll ever play another regular season game in Finland. Definitely doesn't hurt us by having them in the lineup.

I actually think at least Niku should be playing based off talent and what I've seen so far. I just don't think them playing in Finland should be part of that equation. I also think there is a very good chance they play in Finland again at some point.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He's an elite skater. That's why he drew the penalties. Panthers would've been better off not touching him because, let's be frank, he was not going to score :laugh:

Without those PP's we don't win that game. I don't care how he helps us win, as long as he helps us win.

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
why TF is Conner playing 2 in a row? I don't like this move. This is dumb and the analytics show it.

They've had a week off before and a week off after these 2 games. He's also a professional athlete in phenomenal shape. I don't believe any sort of tiredness will be an issue.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
why TF is Conner playing 2 in a row? I don't like this move. This is dumb and the analytics show it.

The argument would be that Hellebuyck - (average B2B penalty) still > Brossoit. But I know better than to argue against a sample size of 3 games on this forum :P

Edit: Argument #2 would also be that "B2B penalty" when there's zero travel is essentially zero, FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->