Pre-Game Talk: -- Jets vs Oilers -- Oct 1st -- 8:00 MDT -- "Just Win, Baby" --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
You're digging a pretty big hole over there.

I hope everybody comes into Edmonton and just expects to win and under estimates the team.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
On paper:

Depth at C: Jets, but only because of our injuries
Depth at LW: Definitive Jets victory
Depth at RW: Definitive Oilers victory
Depth at D: Jets by a bit, but we're no slouches
Goal: Oilers, barring a Dubnyk brain fart

Outcome: Still gotta give it to the Oilers

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Everybody to the Jets forum Pre-game talk. I need back-up lololol.

I am heading there now. As a warning to Oiler fans, do not troll them. If you want to talk some smack about the game, our forum is the place to do that. I will have no issues handing out t-bans and infractions for those acting like idiots in their forum

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets fans seem pretty confident in their pre-game thread that they are going to steamroll us tomorrow. I really hope Eakins can get the most out of this injury depleted lineup.

Big test for the new coach early in his NHL career.

We are very confident and that is because the season hasn't started yet. :laugh:

Check back with our Post Game Thread if we lose and you will notice that the Jets season is pretty much over at that point. Not that we are prone to massive mood swings or we are a bipolar fan base that gets to high with the parade route wins and too low with the burn the building down and fire everyone losses but hey......it’s just great to be back in the NHL again :laugh::sarcasm:;)

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
We are very confident and that is because the season hasn't started yet. :laugh:

Check back with our Post Game Thread if we lose and you will notice that the Jets season is pretty much over at that point. Not that we are prone to massive mood swings or we are a bipolar fan base that gets to high with the parade route wins and too low with the burn the building down and fire everyone losses but hey......it’s just great to be back in the NHL again :laugh::sarcasm:;)

lol hfoil is cut from the same fabric.

tomorrow, we are either stanley cup contenders or a perennial lottery team:handclap::handclap::D:shakehead:help:

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hey guys, I'm curious about Yakupov's situation this year. I'm a big fan of his game but noticed he's being pencilled on the third line with two non-offensive players. Why is that? What kind of offensive expectations are you guys expecting?

Would be a shame to see his offense stunted this year.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Everybody to the Jets forum Pre-game talk. I need back-up lololol.

Yup, just as I feared. That kind of conduct isn't allowed on HF.

Hey guys, I'm curious about Yakupov's situation this year. I'm a big fan of his game but noticed he's being pencilled on the third line with two non-offensive players. Why is that? What kind of offensive expectations are you guys expecting?

Many of us are not pleased that our coach has decided to handfeed Smyth top minutes with some of our best players over Yakupov. Kinda a sensitive subject around here.

I expect big things from Yakupov this season. He was tearing the league up in the last month of the previous season.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
there are only 2 kinds of fans on HFOil

the pessimists who think the oilers are going to lose every game and the jets are no exception and the optimists who know we are going to destroy the jets- I prefer to call them realists

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything

I actually think Yakupov and Gordon have looked good together, and so far Joensuu hasn't looked out of place in the offensive zone (granted, it's only preseason).

Some might see Yakupov on the 3rd line as an offensive player being held back, but I see it as a luxury of having an elite offensive playmaker outside the top 6 to create matchup problems for opposing coaches.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I like the Jets and their fans for the most part, but I really don't like the fact there's going to be a horde them yelling "True North" during the anthem in Edmonton. It's pretty silly.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I enjoy the time before the regular season starts. As a fan I haven't yet been crushed by the reality of the Oilers season. anything is possible right now.

McSaviour

Mar 6, 2013
Edmonton
I like the Jets and their fans for the most part, but I really don't like the fact there's going to be a horde them yelling "True North" during the anthem in Edmonton. It's pretty silly.

I find it funny when they do because Edmonton is clearly much more north than Winnipeg

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Definitely going to be hearing some go jets go at a few points as well, god I love when other Canadian teams come to Rexall.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007

IMO, if he's going to amount to anything close to what this org expects as a first overall, just being on the 3rd line shouldn't be an excuse for lack of production.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The only team it seems like the Jets fan base legitimately can't stand is Toronto and the rest of the back and forth is just good clean fun.

Good luck this year Oiler fans.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I find it funny when they do because Edmonton is clearly much more north than Winnipeg

I just feel like the anthem isn't really an appropriate time to be praising a business.

Especially doing it outside of Winnipeg, where these ties mean even less.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

Meh, I am fine with it. If they want to use that as their way of thanking the True North group that brought their team back, I don't have any issues with it.

Conkanen*

HATE HATE HATE that.

Living in WPG is gonna kill me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad