Pre-Game Talk: -- Jets vs Oilers -- Oct 1st -- 8:00 MDT -- "Just Win, Baby" --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Ali-pastes-Foreman1.jpg

Maybe it's a little early for a Pre-Game thread. But, it's been 2 years since October hockey.

Too long it's been since the Oilers have routinely crushed the Jets. Too long it's been since the Jets were a stepping stone on route every Oilers Cup.

Time to get somewhat excited. :scared:

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
Jets fans seem pretty confident in their pre-game thread that they are going to steamroll us tomorrow. I really hope Eakins can get the most out of this injury depleted lineup.

Big test for the new coach early in his NHL career.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HURRY UP TUESDAY, GET YOUR *** HERE SO WE CAN SMASH THE JETS AND WELCOME THEM INTO THE WEST!

yaks snipes tomorrow.....the Nahiel is coming....

150864095_23580603-e1348783875762.jpg

"like 20 russia fans scream "ahh come on russia" and we win! tats it. Thanks guyz! :)"

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Jets fans seem pretty confident in their pre-game thread that they are going to steamroll us tomorrow. I really hope Eakins can get the most out of this injury depleted lineup.

Removing that all too common mindset opposing teams have when playing us is Dallas Eakins' biggest job. I'm tired of being looked at as a team that is checkmarked as an easy win on every other team's calendars.

We've talked about being harder to play against for years, time to make that a reality starting tomorrow. Injuries or not, the team has got to compete hard.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HURRY UP TUESDAY, GET YOUR *** HERE SO WE CAN SMASH THE JETS AND WELCOME THEM INTO THE WEST!

yaks snipes tomorrow.....the Nahiel is coming....

150864095_23580603-e1348783875762.jpg

"like 20 russia fans scream "ahh come on russia" and we win! tats it. Thanks guyz! :)"

Love pictures of Yaks and that big **** eating grin he wears like a gold medal.

I'm actually kind of nervous for the Oilers. This is a VERY important game to set the tone for the rest of the season.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Let's start this season strong, getting tired of hfboards bashing the oil on the main boards, and tsn has us missing the playoffs by 10 points... Prove them all wrong boys!!!

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009

I get the sense they view the West like we do. They know they're in tough against CHI, STL, and the California teams, so games against DAL, COL, and EDM etc. are considered "best chance to win."

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i hope the oilers get rolled, if my memory serves me correct havent we won more season openers in the last few years? i know we beat vancouver last year, and was it SJ we beat 2 years ago? we rolled the flames in Eberle/hall rookie season.

so lets buck history and lose brutally and then have a winning season.

Ranford

Aug 14, 2007
Red Deer
i hope the oilers get rolled, if my memory serves me correct havent we won more season openers in the last few years? i know we beat vancouver last year, and was it SJ we beat 2 years ago? we rolled the flames in Eberle/hall rookie season.

so lets buck history and lose brutally and then have a winning season.

We beat Pittsburgh 2 years ago in a shoot out- Lil Nuge tied it up.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG

Edmonton-residing Jets fan, I come in peace.

I don't think it's confidence, just trying to pump up the fans. And, lets face it, the OIlers are a perennial bottom-feeder team, and have been for several years. Now maybe this is the year they turn it around like the Isles did last year, but until they prove themselves, this is a game a bubble team like the Jets will circle as a "should win".

Not "will win" of course - anything can happen. But it's a game they should win if they want to make the playoffs.

I'll be rocking a Jets white tomorrow at the game, and I'm curious to see how many fellow Jets fans make the trip. Hopefully we can all just get along...

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Send the Jets fans in Rexall home disappointed, boys.

BTW, Jets fans, the last 2 times these teams played each other in the NHL season the Oilers won em both. Food for thought ;)

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Edmonton-residing Jets fan, I come in peace.

I don't think it's confidence, just trying to pump up the fans. And, lets face it, the OIlers are a perennial bottom-feeder team, and have been for several years. Now maybe this is the year they turn it around like the Isles did last year, but until they prove themselves, this is a game a bubble team like the Jets will circle as a "should win".

Not "will win" of course - anything can happen. But it's a game they should win if they want to make the playoffs.

I'll be rocking a Jets white tomorrow at the game, and I'm curious to see how many fellow Jets fans make the trip. Hopefully we can all just get along...

That's cool. I don't know if I am in the majority or not, but I see the Jets as a team that did ok in the easiest division in an easier conference. I think they will struggle in the West and have them circled as a "should win" team when the Oilers play them. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Very excited to get the season started, but I'm concerned about our roster going in.

-Will our center depth be able to hold up until RNH & Gagner return?
-Will Joensuu be able to make his strong play in the pre-season transalate to success in the regular season?
-Will our 4th line be able to play limited minutes without causing a liability?

Slatsmsg

Jul 14, 2011
Airdrie
New coach, new GM, new captain, new bottom 6, new bottom pairing new attitude.

I think the kids are going to come out with a chip on their shoulder and want to make a statement!

6-2 Oil

That is all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->