GDT: Jets vs Knights - Round 3 Game 2 - May 14th, 7pm - "A long expected Party"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It's a long story re: the Farmer Boy thing... too long to explain... you would have had to have been on the board through most of the 2nd half of this season to catch the meaning...

Oh... and by the way... I know a lot of classy farmer boys...

:popcorn:

I'm sure there's tons of classy farmer boys that grow our food-- but we need a different nik name for Kyle Connor -- doesn't look like a Farmer Boy--doesn't suit him.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
This team has a habit of not showing up every second game. Eventually, it'll catch up to them. And I'm not confident in the goalie match-up.

This team has a short-term pattern of having bad games appear every other game. Eventually the pattern will disappear and no introspection will even occur.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They knew that against Nashville too. Still stopped a lot.

Its a young team that really just finished a tough gruelling series, I was expecting a game like this. Thought it would happen in game one but they seemed to still be riding high that game. They came crashing down tonight. This is all part of the growth a championship team needs to go through, they need to learn to better manage their energy levels. They have been up and down now for a while.

That to me is where you can still see the lack of experience. Onward and upwards.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Letdown game, shouldn't happen but it does. I think they'll feel the series is on now and be much better.

Reactions: Guerzy

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
We've had 1 lethargic performance each series

Let's just hope the boys were getting it out of the way early this time

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You never know with these guys.
you don't but keep the faith my friend. this is the most frustrating part of the process, being so close to the Cup finals you can taste it...for whatever the reason sometimes shit goes bad and the team looks flat even in a game like this...Hawks shit the bed plenty of times on their way to their last 2 Cups...all I am saying is both teams are built for this, it will be a battle, just need to split on their soil and all is back well...

Reactions: Guerzy

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
No killer instinct.

And this series is "over" says the Subjective Poster --I don't think so--it's going to be a long haul --don't sell this Vegas team short !!! They are no walk in the park. This series goes a minimum of 6 games, and maybe 7.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I'm sure there's tons of classy farmer boys that grow our food-- but we need a different nik name for Kyle Connor -- doesn't look like a Farmer Boy--doesn't suit him.

You don't understand...

Look way back through the threads...

Research Avgard....

The truth is hard to find...

c00eb07c3b1d53d465a304dde5e7f43f4b9eeb74eb21bd709e16748897c564e7.jpg

Reactions: thetracksuit

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Didn't call for a sweep, didn't want to lose at home but Jets in 6 still seems right.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Didn't call for a sweep, didn't want to lose at home but Jets in 6 still seems right.

Maybe in 6 -- but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go 7. This Vegas team has been underrated on these boards. This is going to be a tough series for the Jets to win--I think they can-- but they better bring their best. Don't take them lightly.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
We've had 1 lethargic performance each series

Let's just hope the boys were getting it out of the way early this time

This performance wasn't that bad - we out shot them and, other than 10 minutes in the back half of the 1st, we outplayed them.
Kind of the flip side of the 1st game where we outplayed them for 10 minutes.
Going forward, we will need Helle in top form and the 2nd line wingers need to show up.

burnoutberry

May 2, 2016
True North
Before the game when I saw a few of the boys smiling when they were walking in, I had a bad feeling that they might be getting ahead of themselves. I was hoping that I was wrong.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I blame the loss on Paul Wiecek of the Free Press for his article in Sunday's paper following the game on Saturday night. He made so many points about how bad Vegas was and how the Jets made them look like an expansion team. I'm sure his article provided a lot of motivation for Vegas to get fired up about for tonight's game. It's too bad he couldn't have just focused on how well the Jets played but without insulting the play of Vegas. As soon as I read the article on Sunday, I had a bad feeling about tonight's game which turned out to be right unfortunately. Hopefully the Jets will bounce back in game 3.

:jets

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015

I think Avgard first started all of this Farm Boy stuff in one of his lessons. Here's the link (hopefully it works for you) of his post history if you're interested. You might have to go a bit back.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/search/1728393/

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
man. a lot of Debbie downers in this thread

they played like crap, but they also haven't had a break since that preds series

they over came to beat the preds in a best of 7 and you're gonna start doubting them now when they've never trailed in a series?

good job fans

keep chanting fleury's name when you're losing

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think Avgard first started all of this Farm Boy stuff in one of his lessons. Here's the link (hopefully it works for you) of his post history if you're interested. You might have to go a bit back.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/search/1728393/

Thanks Moon Boy-- but I have Avgard on "ignore"-- he can hardly speak English, and sounds like some complete idiot. If you choose to recognize what he says--fine, as we have freedom of expression on these boards, but I think the guy's not to "bright":huh:

Avgard is a great poster if your a 14 year old !!! --there's a couple screws loose there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad