Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Golden Knights Sunday 2 PM OFFICE SPACE EDITION

folix

Jul 24, 2011

In my opinion Vegas would beat the Preds right now in 7 Game Series --I have no doubt--and say this based on Goaltending alone. Rinne was terrible. If both teams had "equal" Goaltending, I could go with the Preds. If the Preds had Fleury in net against us--I doubt we would have won that series.

So, beating Vegas 3-straight right now would be tougher than beating the Preds in 3 straight.

Your assuming Fluery will continue to play the way he is. Or your betting on Fluery being better then everyone else. What if Johannson decided to go into god mode? Any team that depends on one player is in trouble.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Your assuming Fluery will continue to play the way he is. Or your betting on Fluery being better then everyone else. What if Johannson decided to go into god mode? Any team that depends on one player is in trouble.

I guess we see things differently Folix--and we'll have to agree to disagree. Vegas played around 4 different Goaltenders this year due to injuries--and still finished 1st in their division. Their total points for the year were not far off the best in the NHL and very close to the Jets.

Also just by watching them--it's very clear they are fast--have good scorers, make few mistakes, and have great Goaltending, and are well coached. That's a "winning formula" --I would say. I'm just being "objective" here.

I do think we'll win on Sunday--and if we beat them back in Vegas--this series could go either way. The teams are quite "equal"-- difference is mistakes and Goaltending.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
The Jets remain a decent favorite for game five, a slight underdog for game six, and a decent favorite for game 7.

Yes, we are overall significant underdogs.

Our chances of winning the series are about as "impossible" as picking up a pair of dice and rolling doubles.

That's way too big to ignore.

I think I owe @BigZ65 an apology from last game. Usually I'm unflappable but every now and then the "Dad voice" comes out.

At the end of the day, our chances of making the cup final (low teen percent) are still several times larger than even the most optimistic of us could have hoped for at the start of the yera.

We're already playing with house money. But forgive me if I'd rather use it to take one last swing at the fences, than flush it down the toilet in a fit of pique.

Just win game 5, which we are likelier-than-not to do. Reevaluate later.

Reactions: Coach

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Thoughts? Dustin Byfuglien fanned on the shot because:

1) He's lazy and doesn't care
2) Tired from being over played.

I'm going with the second option. 29 minutes in game 4, most of which he played from one blue line to the next by a 33 year old 250 pound defensemen. Recipe for disaster?

Did he come off the ice in the third? I literally don't recall a moment where he wasn't on.

Anyone know his time played in the final period?

Or Hockey is a hard game that is played on a slippary surface and it is not that uncommon for the puck to bounce against you?

Whileee

May 29, 2010

In my opinion Vegas would beat the Preds right now in 7 Game Series --I have no doubt--and say this based on Goaltending alone. Rinne was terrible. If both teams had "equal" Goaltending, I could go with the Preds. If the Preds had Fleury in net against us--I doubt we would have won that series.

So, beating Vegas 3-straight right now would be tougher than beating the Preds in 3 straight.
Jets outplayed Vegas in both games in Vegas. There is a lot of luck in hockey, and big events swing games. If the Jets keep playing better than Vegas, then as long as Hellebuyck is steady and the Jets avoid the one or two brain cramps a game, they'll be in good shape. Games are discrete events, so I think better teams can win multiple games in a row. I would feel differently if I didn't think the Jets have been outplaying Vegas.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
giphy.gif

We need revengence. Beat Vegas like an office printer

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If the Jets win tomorrow, the series turns, I think. The Jets have nothing to show for their very good efforts in Vegas. I think Vegas will be tentative tomorrow, and once the Jets start skating "downhill", they are tough to stop. My main concern remains Hellebuyck and the Jets making a couple of mistakes.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I also think there is something to having your back against the wall. This is the first real adversity the team has faced. Never trailed a series until this one and never faced elimination aside from game 7. The Jets have good leaders and this should bring the best out of them.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Hoping now is finally the time some bounces and luck swing. Backs against the wall, on the brink. Lets see what this brings out in our team. Hardest game to win for the leading team is always the clincher. In saying that we need Helly to have a big game, if he does I like our chances. We have a hill to climb and odds against us. But at the same time if you can beat anyone 3 straight best chance is def against a team we have outplayed majority of the series so far. LA kings few years back came back from 0-3 in a series and won a cup.

Simple: win tomorrow, and put all the pressure on Vegas at home, while trying to force a game 7 back home. As tough as it is, as a fan I will keep watching and cheering until we are done. This is the conference finals. At very least lets make it a series and not bow out in 5

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Don't want to pile on but Little has 5 points in 16 games. This is a pace for roughly 25 - 30 points in regular season. Hope he his hurt for his sake because that's pretty bad production when the team needs it.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Don't want to pile on but Little has 5 points in 16 games. This is a pace for roughly 25 - 30 points in regular season. Hope he his hurt for his sake because that's pretty bad production when the team needs it.

Something has been different with him all year. Hard to know what it is but he looks more tentative out there.
In my mind, Roslovic should be 2nd line center next year without a doubt. Unless Stastny is signed of course.

Reactions: GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
How many ppts does Perrault have during that period?

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Something has been different with him all year. Hard to know what it is but he looks more tentative out there.
In my mind, Roslovic should be 2nd line center next year without a doubt. Unless Stastny is signed of course.
Not that I don't agree but would have like Roslo to have had a few games at centre before the team made a decision like Roslo as their 2c. I don't know if they have to bring someone in if they can't sign Stas. Which would cost the team. Take a risk etc.. probably little for the first 15 games and Roslo as 3c and then they can swap.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If they keep Stas what happens to Roslo?
Csw
Esl
Perrault/Roslo little Armia
Clt
Until they move Perrault if keeping Stas it's a waste to have a great player like Roslo in the pb or on the 4th line. As soon as they know about Stas staying they need to move Perrault. Ppl talked about k-ves being ready for NHL next year is that still a possibility?

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I just hope we get some young talent for our older vets. We certainly don't have as much young talent coming up as we have had in the past. We'll need some younger players to help offset the big contracts coming.

Reactions: GNP

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

True - but we have a number of our key players with similar results - they'v all been called out with Little getting his fair share.
As a team, we are not scoring nearly enough to win games -

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
[QUOTE="Hope he his hurt for his sake because that's pretty bad production when the team needs it.[/QUOTE]

And for the teams sake! We can't afford to pay a guy that much money for that type of production, which appears to be declining.
Appears is the key word. Maybe he's had something bothering him all year.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Ya, where was Mason?
Roslo might be ready for 3RW but not 2C...not even close.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
In my mind, .Roslovic should be the 2nd line center next year without a doubt Unless Stastny is signed of course.

I totally agree with the Turtle here-- Roslovic really impresses me a lot--he's got speed, great stick handler, great set up man, and can score. He just needs some time. He should be given that role next year.

In my opinion--Statsny is a "waste' of $ 5-6 mil at 32 years old --he's in a slow but steady decline now, and it will become very noticeable next year, and the year after. We already have an aging Bryan Little on the books--we just do not need 2. Roslovic really is the answer if we want to keep our Right side defense intact.

The other thing is Statsny will want 4-5 years term--and I can't see a smart Chevy doing that ??

The other option is you trade Myers, or Trouba for a young center like RNH ( Hopkins) from Edmonton. I like the idea of developing Roslovic myself--it's a way better option, and financially prudent.

Reactions: mondo3
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Or Hockey is a hard game that is played on a slippary surface and it is not that uncommon for the puck to bounce against you?

There's been quite a few picking on Buff for that mishap. I'm simply pointing out the fault doesn't lie with him.

With $16.4 million tied to right defence, Byfuglien shouldn't be playing the entire 3rd period.

Trouba's playoff numbers are out of this world with regards to 5x5 shots for/ against. You need a goal? Myers is your guy.

I'll ask again...how much time did Buff play in the third? I've never seen a defencemen play that amount of ice time. I literally didn't see him on the bench once. I doubt he played 20 minutes, but it looked like played 16.

And yes, I'm emphatically stating that's why he fanned.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->