Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Golden Knights Sunday 2 PM OFFICE SPACE EDITION

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
c5ojpRc.jpg

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Merge the two threads? If it’s too dark/negative mods, feel free to delete. It’s was a 2am post-loss mood so...

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You can't :)

I love this. The Mason meme is hilarous (I hope to hell we don't do that, though)

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Best movie ever :D It's been my guiding light in work life. Maybe that's not a good thing, but I love this flick and it fit's the situation :laugh: game 5 will be much tougher for the Knights (elimination games always are) and if Helly just plays "OK" and doesn't let in those untimely softies then we should be alright and stay alive for another game.

Reactions: Jets 31

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Jets will play their best game of the playoffs tomorrow. Whether luck would still be in bed with Vegas and whether we win are completely different questions.
Agree.

Jets need to win one in Vegas, and take care of home ice. It's a big climb, but I think mainly due to the discrepancy in goaltending and luck. The Jets have generated more shot attempts and more scoring chances, and I think they can continue to do that. The question is whether the goaltending and luck will remain as unbalanced.

Reactions: Jets 31

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Can't win without secondary scoring and piss poor goaltending!

Ehlers needs to show up with a goal or two!

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets will play their best game of the playoffs tomorrow. Whether luck would still be in bed with Vegas and whether we win are completely different questions.
If things don't go well for them early, I can see them giving up the ghost.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If things don't go well for them early, I can see them giving up the ghost.
Not in the Peg. I think they'll go down swinging. The Jets played an inspired game in Vegas last night, and deserved a win based on effort and run of play. They were beastly in Nashville with their backs to the wall in game 7. They'll be a very tough out for Vegas. I saw some signs of fatigue with Vegas last night.

I'd inject some fresh legs into the lineup with Morrow and Armia.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Cool gdt. I've heard a lot about this movie/show? but never saw it. I spose it's time? I'm a big fan of The Office(Carell version) and assume it's similar yet not.

Pretty sure we win this one but not so sure after that. Looks like a lot of guys have hit the wall and that's ok, it's a long season.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We will win this game big time , just a feeling i have . Just one game at a time , that's all the Jets need to do . We will win big tomorrow , close game in Vegas for game 6 , but we will win and then we'll beat them here for game 7 . See , nothing to panic about . :laugh:

Reactions: Scheifelaine

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
May 19th Jets availability:

Players: Copp, Lowry and Chiarot (combined scrum).

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Status of Steve Mason. Difficulty in scoring goals, is it a pressure issue? Are they asking a lot of their goalie right now? The daunting task of winning three in a row, how does he get the team to simply focus on one game? On the low percentages of teams coming back, how does he keep it out of the room? Playing well 5 on 5 and not getting the results, is there a dip in belief? Is there anything through four games against Vegas that has caught him by surprise? On the switch in D pairings. What would he like his players to do in preparing for tomorrow’s game?

To listen click here.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I remember the Jets 1.0 blowing 3 games to 1 leads twice.

The pressure is squarely on the Knights now as they are expected to win the series.

The Jets are pissed off and have nothing left to lose.

I would not be surprised to see the Jets win the next three games and take the series in 7.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Cool gdt. I've heard a lot about this movie/show? but never saw it. I spose it's time? I'm a big fan of The Office(Carell version) and assume it's similar yet not.

Pretty sure we win this one but not so sure after that. Looks like a lot of guys have hit the wall and that's ok, it's a long season.

Office space is quite a bit different than the Office. Better, in my opinion.

Definitely watch it. It's one of those movies that people quote and reference all the time. You will finally get them once you see it.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009

Mmmm yeah... I’m going to need you to watch that mmmkkkaayy?

m.

BaldAndBeautiful

Jackie loves it rough
Apr 22, 2018
2/3 possible games left are in Winnipeg. Starts tomorrow win that one, put some pressure on Vegas. All we need to do is get it to a game 7 in Winnipeg.

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad