your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
120219-weekly.jpg

Reactions: hn777

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'm guessing we see a new 4th line on Sunday. Maurice likes the full practice before activation so we likely see at least Shore and Apples inserted.

Good call would be a nice practice to see. I expect a change or two to the lineup, especially that 4th line. I would like to see us switch up the PP too. My thoughts were put Lurch on the 1st unit, in front of the net. Take the eyes away. Force the defense to box out. And increase percentage on the opening draw.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just have fair refs and i like our chances in this one , i think the Jets come out flying . :nod:

Reactions: FFHockey

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Good call would be a nice practice to see. I expect a change or two to the lineup, especially that 4th line. I would like to see us switch up the PP too. My thoughts were put Lurch on the 1st unit, in front of the net. Take the eyes away. Force the defense to box out. And increase percentage on the opening draw.
That would put three Centers on the #1 PP. Don’t know if PoMo would do that.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

That would put three Centers on the #1 PP. Don’t know if PoMo would do that.

The problem with putting Lowry on the top PP unit is who comes off of it. Wheeler could be a great net front presence and lately has been amazing at draws. Just move Wheeler in front of the net for a similar idea.

Reactions: Jets 31

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
This will be my 4 game in attendance this year and I’m 3for 3 so far. I am sure this will Shore up all your expectations!:yo:

Does the Croissant get a game in here?
upload_2019-12-7_9-38-30.jpeg

I look for Laine to have a rebound game after playing rope a dope after talking crap in the media.

GJG

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002

Just put Scheifele on Wheeler's spot, Wheeler in front of the net/middle and let Ehlers rover. Laine, Ehlers, Scheifele,Wheeler and Pionk.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Obviously i'm biased but this schedule is really brutal for the Jets . On the road for a while come back home for 1 game , back on the road , come home for 2 games and a 2nd afternoon game in a week , back on the road again and playing the same team twice again . The schedule maker must have been giggling his ass off while making it , maybe that ref last game was a schedule maker first before becoming a ref . :sarcasm:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This will be my 4 game in attendance this year and I’m 3for 3 so far. I am sure this will Shore up all your expectations!:yo:

Does the Croissant get a game in here?View attachment 287825

I look for Laine to have a rebound game after playing rope a dope after talking crap in the media.

GJG
Good Luck with your winning record . :nod: I Shore think Brossoit gets 1 of the 2 games against Detroit . :naughty:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Obviously i'm biased but this schedule is really brutal for the Jets . On the road for a while come back home for 1 game , back on the road , come home for 2 games and a 2nd afternoon game in a week , back on the road again and playing the same team twice again . The schedule maker must have been giggling his ass off while making it , maybe that ref last game was a schedule maker first before becoming a ref . :sarcasm:

Methinks that somebody's tin-foil is wearing thin in a few spots...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm guessing we see a new 4th line on Sunday. Maurice likes the full practice before activation so we likely see at least Shore and Apples inserted.

Hope you're right.

I would like them to bring up Chibisov too. I really like the way he uses his size and strength. He has scored a couple for the Moose by sheer power. Chibisov - Shore - Appleton could be a helluva 4th line.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The problem with putting Lowry on the top PP unit is who comes off of it. Wheeler could be a great net front presence and lately has been amazing at draws. Just move Wheeler in front of the net for a similar idea.

Wheeler is never a net front presence though. He's a big guy but he doesn't go to the net. I don't think he likes getting shot at to be honest. Kind of late to change this. We tried the PP with Lowry the one year, and I don't think it was bad at all. Lowry is such a strong player, going to win a board battle, wear someone down. Getting the body in front of the goalie's eyes is a way to get goals. And greasy rebounds. Drop Connor on the 2nd unit and all of a sudden Connor, Rosie, Ehlers, Perreault has some firepower too. Thing is Lowry is fundamental to the PK, as is Copp. We should have a 3rd unit now that Shore is here. This could help mitigate the ice time. But Maurice is going to be cautious with any young or new player.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Hope you're right.

I would like them to bring up Chibisov too. I really like the way he uses his size and strength. He has scored a couple for the Moose by sheer power. Chibisov - Shore - Appleton could be a helluva 4th line.
I’ve seen enough of this recent 4 line incarnation.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Wheeler is never a net front presence though. He's a big guy but he doesn't go to the net. I don't think he likes getting shot at to be honest. Kind of late to change this. We tried the PP with Lowry the one year, and I don't think it was bad at all. Lowry is such a strong player, going to win a board battle, wear someone down. Getting the body in front of the goalie's eyes is a way to get goals. And greasy rebounds. Drop Connor on the 2nd unit and all of a sudden Connor, Rosie, Ehlers, Perreault has some firepower too. Thing is Lowry is fundamental to the PK, as is Copp. We should have a 3rd unit now that Shore is here. This could help mitigate the ice time. But Maurice is going to be cautious with any young or new player.

Wheeler has played a few PP's as the net front presence in the last couple of years.
He's good at tipping pucks and can slide behind the net to QB the PP from the Gretzky spot when required.
Lowry would miss a few goals that other guys would get.

It's tough to keep all our top talent happy with PP time.
Putting a guy who has no business being on the PP on the PP is not a great way to appease those guys.

Ehlers is the guy who deserves more PP1 opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->