GDT: Jets vs Coyotes • 7:00 pm CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Coyotes are slowing the game down now. Gonna take a miracle to get 2 in the last few minutes :(

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Maurice has plenty of those

Maurice is nowhere near the only coach who wouldn't pull the goalie to start that powerplay. Roy is the only one who would have, and he's long gone.

Sorry but this is one of my biggest bugbears.

But like, we started the power play with about a 2% chance to win. This would have dropped down to about 0.7% if we got scored on or gone up to 13% if we scored. This makes a goal for about 16x more valuable than a goal against would be bad AND when you do it on the power play they're far more likely to just ice the puck rather than try for an empty net one under duress AND 6 on 4 relative to 5 on 4 >>>> 6 on 5 relative to 5 on 5 like damn this is not hard.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
not sure power play unit #1 understands that the puck needs to actually go on goal not constantly batted around the f***ing boards like a ping pong ball between Wheeler and Laine..

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
It’s not that Wheeler is a bad player. It’s just that he can’t be THE play driver anymore and he fumbles the puck more than any guy who has the puck on his stick this much in the league.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Byfield... ?

That's one big Tank...

Acknowledgment.gif

So we are back where we were 5 years ago...

:dunce:
If we miss the playoffs, I don't expect us to finish that low, but we could maybe pull a Philly? I know we'd have to be incredibly lucky, so not likely, but one can dream.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Well, I think I shall bow out early (cue the miraculous comeback now)

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Islanders another loss, Oilers another loss, may be able to beat the Kings, another loss probably against the Flames in the classic!

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Refreshing to see someone on our team actually desperate/intense and battling in corners with the goalie pulled (Roslovic)

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad