QyHdooA.jpg

l7cbJac.jpg

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Lets go Jets

Muzt win game

Lost last game and playing b2b nnext game with PREDS.

Ovie is probably pump for this game.
As he wants to remain the KING.
CAPS will be looking for pay back with our win last game.

Go JETS go!!!

Difficult game this ones for the guys.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I'm lucky enough that my fiancee will leave on a few days work trip today and I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Will definitely watch two of my favorite players battling it out for the lead in goals. Few beers in the fridge and some reindeer meat still left. Will have a good night. Go Jets and Go Laine!

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I think this has gotta be the game of the year for the Jets(or rather Laine) considering the circumstances.... Until we get to the playoffs.

If Maurice gives Laine 12 minutes and limited Power Play time or something like that in this game I’m gonna flip my shit... I will buy tickets for the Blackhawks game and try to start a “Maurice you suck” or “Bowman’s better” chant:laugh:

Lol just kidding, don’t wanna get banned from the MTS Centre... But for real I will be pissed off if he limits Laines Minutes with Laines current performances.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Good job once again Zhamnov , i guess Hutch for this game and Helly tomorrow . Hope Little is ok , if not wow , Statsny and Hendricks down the middle ? That's not good . Guess we could triple shift Statsny . :laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm lucky enough that my fiancee will leave on a few days work trip today and I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Will definitely watch two of my favorite players battling it out for the lead in goals. Few beers in the fridge and some reindeer meat still left. Will have a good night. Go Jets and Go Laine!
Reindeer meat ? Leave Rudolph alone man !! :laugh:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I think this has gotta be the game of the year for the Jets(or rather Laine) considering the circumstances.... Until we get to the playoffs.

If Maurice gives Laine 12 minutes and limited Power Play time or something like that in this game I’m gonna flip my ****... I will buy tickets for the Blackhawks game and try to start a “Maurice you suck” or “Bowman’s better” chant:laugh:

Lol just kidding, don’t wanna get banned from the MTS Centre... But for real I will be pissed off if he limits Laines Minutes with Laines current performances.

I think Maurice understands the importance of the game from Laine POV and fans POV too. If Laine plays well he'll surely get the ice time. Jets are in a good position but they still need wins.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Watch Malkin or Staal win the damn rocket.
Of course you never know, as they both are having excellent seasons really. But even despite that I find it pretty hard to believe that it would happen, unless both Laine and Ovechkin become stone cold for the rest of the season, or they both get injured for most of the games that are left of the regular season.

Pittsburgh at least has clearly more offensive depth than the Jets at the moment (because of the horrible injury situation of the Jets), so I’m expecting their scoring to be still more distributed to several players, which is unlikely to happen with the Jets that well unfortunately. Also I think that Staal is the one having most of the hot streak against his current skill level, which just is not at the level of the other three contenders, so I’m still expecting him the most to get a bit colder during the remaining games. He sure is having an amazing season and he has been really good, so I could of course be wrong with this.

But this is anyway how it seems the most likely to me - that Laine and Ovechkin will after all decide the winner between each others. Malkin has also one less game left to play, so there is that fact also against him, at least a bit. Anyway an extremely exciting finish to the season in both the Rocket and the Art Ross race! Just absolutely loving it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
Too late man, he's already in small pieces in our freezer. :laugh: Seriously, we bought an entire reindeer.
Either you're quite wealthy or got a good deal. That stuff is expensive nowadays. At least here in the Southern Finland. Every once in a while I plan to make some "käristys" for the family, but then realize even those parts cost about the same as tenderloin steak.

Reactions: Ippenator

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Either you're quite wealthy or got a good deal. That stuff is expensive nowadays. At least here in the Southern Finland. Every once in a while I plan to make some "käristys" for the family, but then realize even those parts cost about the same as tenderloin steak.

I got a pretty good deal. Young reindeer to be exact. It was 15€/kg but it included everything. It's pretty boney so a lot of the weight was bones. But it was super easy. It was straight from a farm, packed in small vacuum bags. All parts separated. Tenderloin, roasts, ribs, etc. stc. IIRC, it was just under 600€. So, not cheap per se, but 15€/kg is a pretty good deal, even if a lot of it was bones. Yesterday I did a roast and now it's beautifully pink inside and refrigerated. Some "jälkiuunileipä" and thin slices of roasted reindeer and mushroom-salad. Can't beat that! :D

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I got a pretty good deal. Young reindeer to be exact. It was 15€/kg but it included everything. It's pretty boney so a lot of the weight was bones. But it was super easy. It was straight from a farm, packed in small vacuum bags. All parts separated. Tenderloin, roasts, ribs, etc. stc. IIRC, it was just under 600€. So, not cheap per se, but 15€/kg is a pretty good deal, even if a lot of it was bones. Yesterday I did a roast and now it's beautifully pink inside and refrigerated. Some "jälkiuunileipä" and thin slices of roasted reindeer and mushroom-salad. Can't beat that! :D
That sounds delicious....expensive though...
Are those mushrooms you are talking about wild or store bought?
Are there any animals or birds you can hunt there?
Is the fishing any good around the time the Jets are playing there next season?
Helle played really well last game and I would give him this one and then the backup gets NSH tomorrow. That would give him two full days rest for Chicago.
Or is Maurice going to play him both games and Hutch/Mason against Chicago?

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Getting a bit envious at you at the moment. I just love good reindeer meat really. In Kotipizza I have always ordered the Berlusconi-pizza that has reindeer meat and mushrooms in it. They nicely named it by Silvio Berlusconi whom a few years ago was publicly bashing the Finnish food culture to the lowest depths of hell. That specific pizza then a bit later won the 1st prize in some kind of an international pizza competition. Oh how I loved the irony! :naughty:

Goddamn this off-topic, and sorry for it, but to make it at least a bit related to the thread I would like to cite the Stanley Cup champion Ville Nieminen, whom said a few years ago: ”When you want pizza, you go to the pizza place, and when you want goals, you go to the scoring areas.”

Simple, but well said. The interesting thing though is that the two fellows that we all will be following intensively tonight, have a pretty damn big ”pizza place”, as for them it’s practically the whole offensive zone! Not fair for others, especially goalies... o_O

Last edited:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
That sounds delicious....expensive though...
Are those mushrooms you are talking about wild or store bought?
Are there any animals or birds you can hunt there?
Is the fishing any good around the time the Jets are playing there next season?
Helle played really well last game and I would give him this one and then the backup gets NSH tomorrow. That would give him two full days rest for Chicago.
Or is Maurice going to play him both games and Hutch/Mason against Chicago?
Nothing's good in Helsinki in November. Just go watch the game and get out as fast as you can.

Reactions: Patrik Barkov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad