GDT: Jets Vs. Canucks (Oct 18rd, 7 P.M.) - Gamers' Delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I actually am more charged than ever, maybe because I really think the Jets have a genuine opportunity to win it all. For the same reason, I find myself being much more focused on coaching / line-up decisions now that the stakes are higher. I've gone from focusing more on the overall organizational development strategy to the implementation, now that they have the core assets to contend with the best.

That's like going from CRT TV to HDTV and seeing the zits on Maurice's face. Ewww.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
More importantly, I now feel omniscient and I can therefore question every coaching decision Maurice makes.

Good stuff. You'll need a boatload of these:

?

I got mine in red, to symbolize the veins popping out of my head in fury.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Out of 6 games played this year -Morrissey leads the Jets in points with 5, and Tanev is in second place with 4 points, along with some others.

Ehlers only has 1 point, so in order to get this Jet's team firing on all cylinders, Nik Ehlers has got to pick up his game in order for the Jets to really to really make a deep push in the playoffs. I believe I read that Nik only has 1 goal in his last 28 games played ?-- "something is really wrong here."

I sure am impressed with Tanev though --the guy really hustles, and would not surprise me to see him get 40 points or more this year. I wish we could transplant some of that hustle and desire that Tanev has into some of the other Jets.:thumbu:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Out of 6 games played this year -Morrissey leads the Jets in points with 5, and Tanev is in second place with 4 points, along with some others.

Ehlers only has 1 point, so in order to get this Jet's team firing on all cylinders, Nik Ehlers has got to pick up his game in order for the Jets to really to really make a deep push in the playoffs. I believe I read that Nik only has 1 goal in his last 28 games played ?-- "something is really wrong here."

I sure am impressed with Tanev though --the guy really hustles, and would not surprise me to see him get 40 points or more this year. I wish we could transplant some of that hustle and desire that Tanev has into some of the other Jets.:thumbu:
I have Ehlers in my pool.
He’s not helping me at all.
In any case it will be awesome when the youngins get off the schneid and they will

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I have Ehlers in my pool.
He’s not helping me at all.
In any case it will be awesome when the youngins get off the schneid and they will

I think your right Eyeseeing -- it's about time the young guys step up and start to perform, and I think it's coming, as you say.

I hope Ehlers scores a hatrick tonight, and gets some of us panelists off his back --he's due for a breakout game, but I'd like to see some consistency from him.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I think your right Eyeseeing -- it's about time the young guys step up and start to perform, and I think it's coming, as you say.

I hope Ehlers scores a hatrick tonight, and gets some of us panelists off his back --he's due for a breakout game, but I'd like to see some consistency from him.
Agreed on the young guys needing to step up. Getting pretty old to blame everyone under the sun except the players themselves. Ehlers and Laine are not raw rookies, they are 2 highly skilled future stars. They should be able to generate some offense with a randomly selected HF Jets poster as their line mate.

Reactions: GNP and Ducky10

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
2014-11-07_2316068310438.jpg

Go Jets Go!

Reactions: Daximus

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Actually, there are lots of things that get criticized. When Price wasn't up to par, they went after a new diet regime he was on. When any of the new dads have babies in the house, that gets brought up if they're not on their game. I understand why you brought it up, and I appreciate the condescending tone, but that was not what I was speaking about nor is it now. A person would have to be stupid to not realize that these people have lives. I never said they didn't. I was speaking to his focus. You think Chef would be the same player if his free time was spent on something like games instead of in the game? It's a free world and Laine can do whatever he wants, I was speaking to hoping see his potential be reached. Maybe this isn't the reason Laine hasn't seemed 100%. Maybe it is. Do you know 100% for certain?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but when scheifele first moved to town after being with the Moose, him and Trouba roomed together and watched movies and gamed a LOT. I saw pictures of their house and they had mattresses on the floor and a single couch that they used for watching movies and playing online games.

He turned out fine :)

Reactions: larmex99

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Agreed on the young guys needing to step up. Getting pretty old to blame everyone under the sun except the players themselves. Ehlers and Laine are not raw rookies, they are 2 highly skilled future stars. They should be able to generate some offense with a randomly selected HF Jets poster as their line mate.

I'd change that and say they are already stars in this league. This whole team needs to get going though. I've liked Connors game for the most part and think even he has another gear to go yet but Scheifele and Wheeler are on the cusp of where they need to be to remain together. They are often cheating their defensive assignments to the offensive zone, making really bad passes and giving up on prime opportunities to make one to many fancy passes that don't pan out. Don't even get me started on the way they are PKing for offence, which had a hand in us loosing the other night. When you are up 4-1 you don't PK to score, you just ice the damn puck.
Laine has improved so much in so many areas over the summer but he still struggles heavily in the corners and along the boards. When he has open ice and 1v1 and even 1v2 he can make defender look silly. On top of that his accuracy has been really off. I think he may have even lost some zip with his weight lose but not enough for it to really matter. Ehlers just hasn't been himself for awhile. I think he is focusing to much on being a playmaker still that he is trying to slow the play down. I haven't really seen a good end to end rush from him yet. His zone entries aren't on par with where they have been. Little works so hard and always has but he might be trying to hard to make up for Ehlers and Laine's defensive deficiencies that he is losing focus on the offensive side of the puck. It doesn't help that he is the only one winning board battles on that line. On top of all this our defence has been terrible. It's nice to have Buff back. So many of us have caught ourselves complaining about him but when he is out of the lineup you notice in a big way and although no player is safe from criticism in my books it's both great and sad how different this team looks without him.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I'd change that and say they are already stars in this league. This whole team needs to get going though. I've liked Connors game for the most part and think even he has another gear to go yet but Scheifele and Wheeler are on the cusp of where they need to be to remain together. They are often cheating their defensive assignments to the offensive zone, making really bad passes and giving up on prime opportunities to make one to many fancy passes that don't pan out. Don't even get me started on the way they are PKing for offence, which had a hand in us loosing the other night. When you are up 4-1 you don't PK to score, you just ice the damn puck.
Laine has improved so much in so many areas over the summer but he still struggles heavily in the corners and along the boards. When he has open ice and 1v1 and even 1v2 he can make defender look silly. On top of that his accuracy has been really off. I think he may have even lost some zip with his weight lose but not enough for it to really matter. Ehlers just hasn't been himself for awhile. I think he is focusing to much on being a playmaker still that he is trying to slow the play down. I haven't really seen a good end to end rush from him yet. His zone entries aren't on par with where they have been. Little works so hard and always has but he might be trying to hard to make up for Ehlers and Laine's defensive deficiencies that he is losing focus on the offensive side of the puck. It doesn't help that he is the only one winning board battles on that line. On top of all this our defence has been terrible. It's nice to have Buff back. So many of us have caught ourselves complaining about him but when he is out of the lineup you notice in a big way and although no player is safe from criticism in my books it's both great and sad how different this team looks without him.

No. They're the 2 best players on the team
They don't need to remain together

It's kind of a waste putting your 2 best players on the same line
Especially when your 2c can't get **** going

Last edited by a moderator:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
So the paper towel dispensers are new in the mens bathroom. I'm non plussed but it seems logical.

I'll provide updates and opinions on amenity improvements throughout the evening.

Your welcome.

Reactions: Jack722

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
No. They're the 2 best players on the team
They don't need to remain together

It's kind of a waste putting your 2 best players on the same line
Especially when your 2c can't get **** going

I'm not sure if Wheeler is among our top 2 best 5v5 players. Both Ehlers and Connor have been right up there with Wheeler and considering Ehlers ice time he is a pretty damn good player 5v5. I really wish Wheeler would just convert to a center. He took tough matchups last year when he did and it was without Scheif here but I could see something really strong forming with something like...

Connor - Scheif - Ehlers
Perreault - Wheeler - Laine
L
Wheeler is easily the best playmaker on our team. Perreault is a beast in the corners and on the forecheck. Laine is the finisher. Both can hold their own defensively. Connor, Scheif and Ehlers are all speed and creativity.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I'm not sure if Wheeler is among our top 2 best 5v5 players. Both Ehlers and Connor have been right up there with Wheeler and considering Ehlers ice time he is a pretty damn good player 5v5. I really wish Wheeler would just convert to a center. He took tough matchups last year when he did and it was without Scheif here but I could see something really strong forming with something like...

Connor - Scheif - Ehlers
Perreault - Wheeler - Laine
L
Wheeler is easily the best playmaker on our team. Perreault is a beast in the corners and on the forecheck. Laine is the finisher. Both can hold their own defensively. Connor, Scheif and Ehlers are all speed and creativity.

I don't know how much faith you should put on him to play centre

But if he can do it then do it
But at least try to have wheeler and scheifele drive their own lines

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The old Thomas Steen clips in the new intro are cool.

Loved Steener.

The rest is lame.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't know how much faith you should put on him to play centre

But if he can do it then do it
But at least try to have wheeler and scheifele drive their own lines

I think the biggest problem is how much faith Wheeler has in himself to play center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad