Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Blues: Oct 18, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I just don't understand why you'd want to spend the next 5 months getting booed off the ice in your home rink. I mean these guys are playing in front of a great crowd and that building would be utterly insane for playoff games. They've got their big contracts and the vote of confidence from the org...now go out and give a damn!

...of course perhaps the general feeling amongst the team is that Noel is not the guy to lead them to the promised land.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So according to a "lawless source" within the organization (I know I know :rolleyes:), the "give a **** meter" is pretty low for a large number of the Jerts players. Now I have no idea how accurate that may be, but if theres any truth to it its pretty disheartening. I mean if its the feeling amongst any of the core group that just got their nice fat contracts then wtf is wrong with these people???

Interesting:

I'm having a hard time figuring out who amongst our core group don't care.

Kane and Bogo clearly do and play hard all of the time. Ladd has performed very well during his time here.

I have a hard time believing Little or Wheeler are mailing it in. You can clearly tell Wheeler isn't happy with his play and Little has been pretty good for us so far.

That leaves Pavs, Buff and Enstrom but all three are off to great starts.

Maybe its the support pieces like Seto and Olli that aren't getting it done.

Either way I hope we see a full 60 minutes from the team tonight. They will need it to win.

Warhead77

Jets4Life
Jun 28, 2011
The River City
Interesting:

I'm having a hard time figuring out who amongst our core group don't care.

Kane and Bogo clearly do and play hard all of the time. Ladd has performed very well during his time here.

I have a hard time believing Little or Wheeler are mailing it in. You can clearly tell Wheeler isn't happy with his play and Little has been pretty good for us so far.

That leaves Pavs, Buff and Enstrom but all three are off to great starts.

Maybe its the support pieces like Seto and Olli that aren't getting it done.

Either way I hope we see a full 60 minutes from the team tonight. They will need it to win.

I don't agree with Bogo so far this season.

He has NOT put in a great effort night in and night out and is being outplayed by a rookie. Bogo has a knack for 'mailing it in' on many nights.

Wheeler mails in it often (remember Boston traded this guy).

Ladd and Little, on the other hand, I don't think they do. They play hard and care IMO.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

He has NOT put in a great effort night in and night out and is being outplayed by a rookie. Bogo has a knack for 'mailing it in' on many nights.

Ladd and Little, on the other hand, I don't think they do. They play hard and care IMO.

Bogo is adapting to a playing on the left side and as such gets a pass for playing more conservatively then expected while he acclimatizes to the different angles on the ice.

No Name Poster

Maurice Navidad
Oct 29, 2011
The Peg

:shakehead Not sure if serious :shakehead

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah I'm really not sure who amongst the core might be "lacking in giving a ****" so to speak. Maybe its not so much about playing hard as it is about playing the system the coaches are pushing. :idk: I think Joki really isn't mailing it in since this is an important season for him if he wants to keep making the big $ in the NHL.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I don't know how much sense it makes to compile a list of 'non-****-givers', but I will say this... I don't care what you say in your post game interview with the press, if you played like you were slacking, then you were slacking! This isn't confession where you can be apathetic, collect your huge paycheck and then make it all better by saying you're disappointed in your game. Your days/weeks/months should be dedicated to making sure you're in the optimum shape and mental state for each and every game.

As many of us have said here, I can accept a loss when we work our butts off and things don't go our way or the other team is simply better, but to see players playing with no urgency or intensity infuriates me.

So what motivates a millionaire professional hockey player? Is it money? fame?

It should be pride in your accomplishments and knowing that you performed to the best of your ability.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Yeah I'm really not sure who amongst the core might be "lacking in giving a ****" so to speak. Maybe its not so much about playing hard as it is about playing the system the coaches are pushing. :idk: I think Joki really isn't mailing it in since this is an important season for him if he wants to keep making the big $ in the NHL.

I think it is 100% the "system". The guys come out each night trying to play Noel's tentative, overly defensive system, void of vision, and they look absolutely flat. They are playing not to lose. Very tough to do and be successful. I like our team, a lot. Just wish they would be given the opportunity to make the most of their size, speed and skill.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind

Bogo has put out a good effort all year
He has made a few bad decisions and had a couple bad breaks

I have not seen a lack of effort

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think it is 100% the "system". The guys come out each night trying to play Noel's tentative, overly defensive system, void of vision, and they look absolutely flat. They are playing not to lose. Very tough to do and be successful. I like our team, a lot. Just wish they would be given the opportunity to make the most of their size, speed and skill.

I've said before that Scheifele looks handcuffed to me. His first couple of games he was flying and put up points. He was very exciting to watch and we all marveled at our secondary scoring with Seto and Frolik as well.

No they are afraid to leave their zone because we are supposed to have 5 D out there. Don't get me wrong, we need to responsible in our own zone, but talented forwards are supposed to score and our D are supposed to look after D.

We are definitely afraid to lose, and we aren't scoring goals because of it. As someone mentioned before, we can't win games if we simply limit goal against. You have to score as well. You can't tell me that we don't have natural goal scorers on this team, we have quite a few.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Bogo has put out a good effort all year
He has made a few bad decisions and had a couple bad breaks

I have not seen a lack of effort

I'm going to disagree, but I do give Bogo some slack for playing his off side. He is one of the D who I see not playing with urgency a lot of the time in our own end. Not rushing back to the puck faster than the forecheckers.

I don't think he's a huge slacker or anything, I just think that many times he could pick up the speed a little so that he isn't caught in our end by opposing forechecking.

To be honest, I think that Trouba is making most of our D look like they lack urgency.

YMMV.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I'm going to disagree, but I do give Bogo some slack for playing his off side. He is one of the D who I see not playing with urgency a lot of the time in our own end. Not rushing back to the puck faster than the forecheckers.

I don't think he's a huge slacker or anything, I just think that many times he could pick up the speed a little so that he isn't caught in our end by opposing forechecking.

To be honest, I think that Trouba is making most of our D look like they lack urgency.

YMMV.

If that's the case then everyone except maybe Kane needs to do that same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->