Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Blues: Oct 18, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
lol, yes. Apparently Winnipeg is the city where hockeys go to die and Anywhere Else is the place they go to be reborn. :)

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I've personally witnessed this core group beat the Boston Bruins twice, so they can play up to the level of the opposition. Against a team as deep as St. Louis, we need 10 good minutes from the plugs and our best players to play a great 20-25 minutes each. And we need Pavelec to manage the puck, no room for a crap goal that should have been a dead puck in his crease.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
watched the entire blues/hawks game tonight. all i gotta say is: um, yeaaaa, NO!

Which is why we got em right where we want em.......custom made to confuse, confound, and frustrate :laugh::laugh:

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
Blood bath, Jets, out-hit and out-scored. I love this team to death but we don't have it compared to a Blues team. Blues 5, Jets 2 (third period goals).

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The fans or other team...it depends on the day I guess

All the above.

I have felt a bit pessimistic lately, we are playing a great team, and we can't seem to find our scoring touch. we are due for some flukie bounces and puck luck. I see us winning in a great game with some help from the hockey gods.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Blues fan stopping by, love, love, love it when the Blues get to play in the 'peg! The arena is always full of energy, theres just something about playing hockey in Canada that this St.Louis boy really enjoys. The one time I played a tournament in Canada with my local travel team, it wasnt pretty. It was our Affton AA team versus like a team Canada AAA team(we were one team out of 20 local teams, the Canadian team was like the best from the whole Providence?) anyway it was a bloodbath. We lost 9-2 and we got outshot 65-15. i was in net and it was rough.

Anyway, the boys got a big win on the road against the hated Hawks and this is their last game for like a month or two, so I expect the Blues to come out flying.

Oh and apparently we are the dirtiest team in the NHL, so says Hawks and Sharks fans, so I hope no one gets injured?

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Blues fan stopping by, love, love, love it when the Blues get to play in the 'peg! The arena is always full of energy, theres just something about playing hockey in Canada that this St.Louis boy really enjoys. The one time I played a tournament in Canada with my local travel team, it wasnt pretty. It was our Affton AA team versus like a team Canada AAA team(we were one team out of 20 local teams, the Canadian team was like the best from the whole Providence?) anyway it was a bloodbath. We lost 9-2 and we got outshot 65-15. i was in net and it was rough.

Anyway, the boys got a big win on the road against the hated Hawks and this is their last game for like a month or two, so I expect the Blues to come out flying.

Oh and apparently we are the dirtiest team in the NHL, so says Hawks and Sharks fans, so I hope no one gets injured?

Nevermind. Misread that, thought you said the Jets were the dirtiest team, which can't be....

Anyways, talk is cheap, the guys roll over and are outshot 16-4 in the first period. 6-1 Blues. Goal by Postma. Jets win only 3 of the next 12 games, as they accept the culture of losing. That is my doom and gloom prediction, as per fitting the spirit of the boards lately.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I'll be mad if Peluso isn't dressed. Blues will play a tough physical game and we need him on the ice tomorrow to take care of business

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Yeah I agree, they will take one vs the Blues.

Is it to early to call Shutout again?

Blues are paying .77 visiting, dem good odds

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
jigglysquishy: you're on deck for the GDT. :nod:

jigglysquishy? You out there?

All: people have commitments, forget, etc - I'll give it until 9am (Winnipeg time), then throw out a GDT if jiggly forgot.

Bets on Kane in / out for tonight? I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him the night off as a precaution, but man, I hope he's able to play.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Stupid vBetting with the heart - all in on the Jets tonight.

The Jets could win this tonight, but I have some serious doubt. It depends on which team shows up. If the 50 minute team shows up they're screwed.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
If the 50 minute Jets show up its going to get ugly at MTS tonight.

My last 50 V$ are riding on this game guys! Gimme a win so's I can by me some Vfood this week!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
So according to a "lawless source" within the organization (I know I know :rolleyes:), the "give a **** meter" is pretty low for a large number of the Jerts players. Now I have no idea how accurate that may be, but if theres any truth to it its pretty disheartening. I mean if its the feeling amongst any of the core group that just got their nice fat contracts then wtf is wrong with these people???

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So according to a "lawless source" within the organization (I know I know :rolleyes:), the "give a **** meter" is pretty low for a large number of the Jerts players. Now I have no idea how accurate that may be, but if theres any truth to it its pretty disheartening. I mean if its the feeling amongst any of the core group that just got their nice fat contracts then wtf is wrong with these people???

Just about to post this quote: like Lawless or not, he does have reasonable sources. This is a very disturbing thing to hear.

Noel has to ramp up the intensity somehow: benchings, bag skates - something.

Hopefully having that quote from inside surface will shame some of those whose meter is low to turn things around. I simply dont understand this attitude: you're one of the luckiest people in the world, playing a game you love for scads of money, with the opportunity to retire before you're 40 and live the life of leisure. Surely you can give it your all EVERY game. :facepalm:

Edit: interesting. Munz just reiterated what I said here, and apparently Ladd said something similar in an interview.
Edit2: Munz says that Kane's injury is not a knee injury.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->