Jets Top Prospects Poll: #9 Prospect

Who is the Jets #9 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
As I go on in this thread I cant help but laugh.

none of this has ANY meaning.

Where was appleton on this list in 2015? or even 2016?

he wouldn't have been ANYWHERE NEAR the top ten prospects....

Unless you were to spend the time to fly around the world to see all these guys game after game after game, day in day out, you can't really form much of an opinion till they hit the Moose and you finally get to see them all lined up against similar competition. Then it's still a gamble as to wether the skills they show can translate to the NHL.....

look at Lowry vs Dano vs Byfuglien.... draft order, prospect rankings...they don't really seem to mean much.

The bolded applies to all HFBoards for the most part. It’s all all for shits and giggles. Off season can get pretty lean and I don’t mind seeing how people rank our prospects.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am sticking with my new Dark horse.......the New Kovy!

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Exactly! I also appreciate the opportunity to learn more from our knowledgeable members about prospects I haven't really seen play before.

The bolded applies to all HFBoards for the most part. It’s all all for ****s and giggles. Off season can get pretty lean and I don’t mind seeing how people rank our prospects.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
switched to from smith to green. green did play pretty good his first few games back from injury. ppg or so i recall for the first while.

smith next round.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I'm interested in why Berdin is getting so many votes already, has he been looking really good or something? Just looking at his stats, they look alright, but they're about the same as Jared Moe who is a couple years younger and isn't even on the list yet and probably won't even make the top 20.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I'm interested in why Berdin is getting so many votes already, has he been looking really good or something? Just looking at his stats, they look alright, but they're about the same as Jared Moe who is a couple years younger and isn't even on the list yet and probably won't even make the top 20.

Berdin has more goals then all the other goalie prospects combined

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Goalies are almost 10% of the roster, so wouldn't you want a goalie prospect in your top 10?

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
He's not Comrie. That makes him the default goalie prospect. He can also handle the puck which makes him entertaining to watch.

Goalie prospects in the top 10 are great. What does Berdin have that makes him a top 10 prospect is what I'm wondering?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Goalie prospects in the top 10 are great. What does Berdin have that makes him a top 10 prospect is what I'm wondering?
See if you can find some of @KillEmAll83's highlights.
He's a confident and very athletic goalie that plays an agressive style and moves very well in the crease. (Great skater, allows him to challenge shooters) He covers lots of the net as he's 6'3, he handles the puck extremely well too. His save percentage has been good for two years in a tough league and he was not on a great team and was pelted with shots at times winning games on his own.
He has lots of potential but has a ways to go as he needs to learn not to over commit in the crease which hurts his recovery where at times he's flopping around. He needs to find that balance which he can with coaching. He reminds me of a raw and leaner Vasilevsky type of goalie. Next year will be an interesting year of development for him jumping to the AHL, I think he's ready.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Dude's got an all-star pimp walk already.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He's a confident and very athletic goalie that plays an agressive style and moves very well in the crease. (Great skater, allows him to challenge shooters) He covers lots of the net as he's 6'3, he handles the puck extremely well too. His save percentage has been good for two years in a tough league and he was not on a great team and was pelted with shots at times winning games on his own.
He has lots of potential but has a ways to go as he needs to learn not to over commit in the crease which hurts his recovery where at times he's flopping around. He needs to find that balance which he can with coaching. He reminds me of a raw and leaner Vasilevsky type of goalie. Next year will be an interesting year of development for him jumping to the AHL, I think he's ready.
He's listed at 6'2" on Elite Prospects. Do we have other evidence / reports about his height?

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

Thanks for the scouting report. The USHL is generally considered weaker then the CHL tho isn't it? I checked out some highlights like you recommended, and he is definitely athletic but his positioning looked a little questionable. Hopefully he does well with the Moose next year.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I guess this is it for Comrie, then? I agree, he has looked absolutely despicable in goal the few times I’ve seen him. If he’s not even going to be ranked as the #1 goalie prospect I can’t see any future for him.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I guess this is it for Comrie, then? I agree, he has looked absolutely despicable in goal the few times I’ve seen him. If he’s not even going to be ranked as the #1 goalie prospect I can’t see any future for him.

Right, because our rankings will decide these players' futures. You all keep that in mind as you're casting your votes. ;)

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->