Jets Top Prospects Poll: #7 Prospect

Who is the Jets #7 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Spacek. Has been my favorite darkhorse prospect since Kosmachuk.

I hope that's not a bad sign though :laugh:

He is still a dark horse - light is beginning to shine through though.

1st AHL seasons
Kosmo - 70 gms, 28 pts
Spacek - 70 gms, 38 pts
You might make the case that Spacek had more to work with but then he also would have had more competition for TOI. Kosmo just never progressed much from that first season. Spacek will need to improve.

Reactions: GJF

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well he has not been impressive in the AHL either. His career minor league stats are mediocre-average, in the three seasons he has been with the Moose. Hutch really outplayed him last season.

He showed progress last year though. Nothing to get all excited about, but encouraging. I'm pretty much ignoring his 3 NHL games. He was nervous - and it was 3 games, not 30.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Yes, he will need to improve. 21 of his 38 points were on the power play which leaves a meagre 17 even strength points in 70 games.

He is still a dark horse - light is beginning to shine through though.

1st AHL seasons
Kosmo - 70 gms, 28 pts
Spacek - 70 gms, 38 pts
You might make the case that Spacek had more to work with but then he also would have had more competition for TOI. Kosmo just never progressed much from that first season. Spacek will need to improve.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yes, he will need to improve. 21 of his 38 points were on the power play which leaves a meagre 17 even strength points in 70 games.

I think he also improved as the season progressed though. That's a positive sign.

Maybe give him Wheeler's spot on the PP. Make Wheeler cheaper to re-sign. :sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lol, that draft war room.
I haven't followed Morin, how has he played in the AHL?

He is coming along slowly. Was set back by a major injury last season. I think right now he projects to be a bottom pair guy with lots of salt in his game from what I have heard at least.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
What about Jansen Harkins, He was our 2nd round pick in2015?
He has not adjusted well. I really felt we ranked him far to high last year and said he should've been ranked closer to 15 at the time, many liked him but his first pro year stunk.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He has not adjusted well. I really felt we ranked him far to high last year and said he should've been ranked closer to 15 at the time, many liked him but his first pro year stunk.

I think you may be overstating it a bit. He was sent down to the ECHL to get some ice time. Which he wasn't getting because he wasn't playing well enough to take minutes away from anyone else. He played well there and somewhat better after he returned to the Moose. I can't say how much better.

I would call his first pro season disappointing. Progress was slow. But I think "stunk" is a bit harsh. He needs to be better this year.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Harkins had better even strength production than Spacek last season. And Spacek even got some minutes in the top 6, while Harkins spend the season in bottom 6. That's not everything but if Spacek is getting voted in here, Harkins should at least be an option

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
The next Jamie BIG RIG Oleksiak.

I am expecting Morin to make his debut this season FOR the Flyers as their #6......heck of a fighter. Who needs Josh Morrissey when you can have a 6’6” fighter.
Morin tore his ACL in late March is out till next Feb at earliest .

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Winnipeg's Sam Morin

The next Jamie BIG RIG Oleksiak.

I am expecting Morin to make his debut this season FOR the Flyers as their #6......heck of a fighter. Who needs Josh Morrissey when you can have a 6’6” fighter.

Lol, that draft war room.
I haven't followed Morin, how has he played in the AHL?

What if I said *some* scouts on the Jets were really high on Morin, and those same scouts had him above Morrissey.

Reactions: GJF and ps241

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What if I said *some* scouts on the Jets were really high on Morin, and those same scouts had him above Morrissey.

What if I said Matthews has asked for a trade to the Jets? :laugh:

Are you saying that some Jets scouts liked Morin over Morrissey? Are they the same ones who pushed for Stanley?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

He was really thought well of as a 15/16 year old by a lot of people. He did play on a stacked Rimouski team as well with future Jet prospect Kostalek where both pretty close in point totals and games played that year. Too bad about his injury Morin had 7 points in 15 games to finish the year then injured his ACL in the playoffs. From what I gather he probably would be playing full time for the Flyers next year.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Harkins had better even strength production than Spacek last season. And Spacek even got some minutes in the top 6, while Harkins spend the season in bottom 6. That's not everything but if Spacek is getting voted in here, Harkins should at least be an option
You saying to add Harkins?
People seem to forget to say who to add so if you want him then he's tied with Kraskovsky and Wong to be added to next poll.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You saying to add Harkins?
People seem to forget to say who to add so if you want him then he's tied with Kraskovsky and Wong to be added to next poll.

Can I vote twice?
Harkins is a better prospect than either Kraskovsky or Wong. Add Harkins.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Can I vote twice?
Harkins is a better prospect than either Kraskovsky or Wong. Add Harkins.

Long term there is more potential for Kraskovsky, IMO. He has a nicer set of hands, bigger, slightly better skater. Harkins is more of a north south player and grittier. Jets also hold Kraskovsky's rights indefinitely. Kraskovsky though might not even come over for another 3-4 years or more and Harkins is likely out of the organization by then.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
He was really thought well of as a 15/16 year old by a lot of people. He did play on a stacked Rimouski team as well with future Jet prospect Kostalek where both pretty close in point totals and games played that year. Too bad about his injury Morin had 7 points in 15 games to finish the year then injured his ACL in the playoffs. From what I gather he probably would be playing full time for the Flyers next year.
He was really well thought of because because he was really big.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad