Jets Top Prospects Poll: #7 Prospect

Who is the Jets #7 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I voted for the big man. I feel he had a good year last year and I'm not worried about his offensive production, he's pretty effective in the ozone, great shot. I know he has to work on footspeed and retrieving pucks quicker to make better outlet passes but I think he's improving and will continue to improve in those areas. He works really hard off the ice and I don't think he will be denied. He will do whatever it takes to get to the NHL. Next year is a big one for him but I think he will continue to improve as he enters the AHL and will be an NHL regular in 2-3 years. I've been one of the few in his corner the last few years. I know his flaws, but I think he will overcome them.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Looks like a two horse race between Spacek and Stanley. My vote not official yet but I vote Spacek.

Our list here only highlights the importance of getting Trouba and Morrissey locked down long term.

We are still F heavy in top prospects and few places on the main roster to put them.

Even if Spacek beats out Stanley here I can sense enough potential support for Smith, Suede, Comrie and maybe even Verdin to push Stanley even further down the list.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
With almost a point a game in the playoffs last year Stanley's offense is developing nicely. I believe he will make the big show some day. I am concerned about a spot for Spacek though. Who does he replace? Not much to really get excited about 5 on 5 but a wiz on the power play. Could replace Petan then I guess. I will vote him in the next round but have Stanley ahead of him here.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I will go with Spacek on this one. He had a solid first pro year learning a new position. I also like his tool set.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Going with Spacek. I like his game. I think Stanley isn't too far behind. Green remains a question mark for me after a disappointing D+1 and his long-term injury in D+2. He's a great skater, but has a lot of holes in his game. Nathan Smith is a darkhorse at this stage.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Going with Spacek. I like his game. I think Stanley isn't too far behind. Green remains a question mark for me after a disappointing D+1 and his long-term injury in D+2. He's a great skater, but has a lot of holes in his game. Nathan Smith is a darkhorse at this stage.
Smith sure is, add Jared Moe as an intriguing prospect we'll be hearing more about very soon as well. There are some guys that will be on the lower parts of this list that will rise quite a bit by next summer.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Surprised to see Logan so high in this poll. Did not see any of his play last season has he improved so much to be a possible Jets top 7 or 8 prospect?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
These are by Alex Gable and based on Emmanuel Perry's prospect values (you can play with this yourself here: Tableau Public):
upload_2018-7-16_19-22-42.png

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Jets prospect pool has become that shallow.

Fair enough but that is only true because all of their best prospects have made the big club. I suspect that this shallowing of the prospect pool happens to all team that become contenders for the cup. I do not see this as a bad thing because after all is not winning it all the ultimate goal no matter what that does to the prospect pool?

Last edited:
Reactions: RedBar

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Fair enough but that is only true because all of their best prospects have made the big club. I suspect that this shallowing of the prospect pool happens to all team that become contenders for the cups. I do not see this as a bad thing because after all is not winning it all the ultimate goal no matter what that does to the prospect pool?
Look at our 5-20 from last year. Lets just say Spacek, Stanley and Comrie take us to the number 10 vote. You still have guys like Berdin, Kovacevic, Green, Gawanke, Suess, Smith etc. We may get thinner at 15-20 but 5-15 is not much different depth wise than last year is it?
5. Poolman
6. Comrie
7. Spacek
8. Harkins
9. Samberg
10. Stanley
11. Kovacevic
12. Foley
13. Lemieux
14. Green
15. Virtanen
16. De Leo
17. Nogier
18. Gawanke
19. Appleton
20. Berdin

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I'll take Stanley here. Wasn't too impressed with Spacek on even strenght. Harkins' 2+10 in 46gp is actually a better point per game pace than Spacek's 7+10 in 70gp, and iirc, Harkins' line mates were much worse for most of the season

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't know how his charts are derived but worth noting that Stanley was injured in 2017 and only played 35 games. There would be games he played rusty when he returned from injury would affect the comparison.
I think 2017 refers to 2017-18. The adjusted scoring stats (in the little charts below) are per-game rates, so that would account for fewer games played (but not being rusty).

So, Stanley and Spacek are pretty close by that model. I wonder if it accounts for Stanley's relatively strong even strength production in D+2.
I think it's just all-situation points. Stanley has the higher value, but Spacek has a bit better chance of making it to the NHL.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think 2017 refers to 2017-18. The adjusted scoring stats (in the little charts below) are per-game rates, so that would account for fewer games played (but not being rusty).

I think it's just all-situation points. Stanley has the higher value, but Spacek has a bit better chance of making it to the NHL.
Stanley's even strength point production is better than his all-situation production, relative to others..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->