Jets Top Prospects Poll: #4 Prospect

Who is the Jets #4 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I dunno the weird site rules, can I open next one before this one closes? Like first thing in morning for example? I don't wanna ruffle any feathers.
I can just post my own final list and we all go with that :)

I did the HF mock draft this year, and I moved on as soon as there was a clear consensus winner several times. No feathers have been ruffled. There's always a report button waiting for your "please close this thread as a consensus has been reached" comment which I have used several times. It usually works.

The reason we generally keep all of them open the same length is to have something to do during July, tbh. Might also be some interesting discussion to be had (see @mcpw).

I'm totally gonna post my opinion of the EBEL in the #1 thread now... kidding. Poll threads are short-lived and interesting discussions are usually to be had in other threads. I might strongly disagree with the selection of Samberg right here, but a consensus has been reached. Let's discuss his season in the prospects thread.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I did the HF mock draft this year, and I moved on as soon as there was a clear consensus winner several times. No feathers have been ruffled. There's always a report button waiting for your "please close this thread as a consensus has been reached" comment which I have used several times.

I'm totally gonna post my opinion of the EBEL in the #1 thread now... kidding. Poll threads are short-lived and interesting discussions are usually to be had in other threads. I might strongly disagree with the selection of Samberg right here, but a consensus has been reached. Let's discuss his season in the prospects thread.
Sounds good to me. I will close it as soon as I have time. It's Friday night you know! Okay you got me, Ill post the new one as soon as I put my kids to bed ;)

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I think a screen shot of my excel file looks better:
Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 1.36.29 AM.png

Sorted by prospect votes, then position then by first name.

Last edited:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Well as long as it’s close I think you should give people that aren’t on every five minutes a chance to vote.
Will do. I do 21 hours. If it's close I'll give it longer. But most people that see one of these know that a new one goes up next day no?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I must admit that our shiny new toy Gustafsson is not getting as much love as I thought he would. These polls are always funny because we see a guy like Appleton do well at home and we don't get to see a lot of Gus which is reflected in the voting. But upside wise Gus has more in my opinion as I see Appleton as bottom six ceiling and Gus middle six.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I must admit that our shiny new toy Gustafsson is not getting as much love as I thought he would. These polls are always funny because we see a guy like Appleton do well at home and we don't get to see a lot of Gus which is reflected in the voting. But upside wise Gus has more in my opinion as I see Appleton as bottom six ceiling and Gus middle six.

Probably because Gustafsson is a 2nd rounder. He joins the likes of Lukas Sutter, Nic Petan, Eric Comrie, Jansen Harkins, and Dylan Samberg. Jets have not had as much luck in the 2nd round as the first, as is to be expected...

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Will do. I do 21 hours. If it's close I'll give it longer. But most people that see one of these know that a new one goes up next day no?
I’m just used to how we did it last year and the ones prior and it wasn’t anywhere near this quick. Maybe the first couple if they were obvious, but that’s it. Even then I still think they would give them 24 hours.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I’m just used to how we did it last year and the ones prior and it wasn’t anywhere near this quick. Maybe the first couple if they were obvious, but that’s it. Even then I still honk they would give them 24 hours.
Gotcha. No one wanted to do these so I decided to and I went in kinda unsure and asked how they're run without much response.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Probably because Gustafsson is a 2nd rounder. He joins the likes of Lukas Sutter, Nic Petan, Eric Comrie, Jansen Harkins, and Dylan Samberg. Jets have not had as much luck in the 2nd round as the first, as is to be expected...
Past picks shouldn't matter, looking at current pick should. He was a first round type imo.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Gotcha. No one wanted to do these so I decided to and I went in kinda unsure and asked how they're run without much response.

I stopped doing it cause although I did it the first 3 years of Jets being back everyone kept moving it forward every year to point where someone started one in June. And they rushed through it. I think it should be an excersice to drive traffic over late July and early to mid August. Just plan to end it by August 20th or so and decide on the timeline from there, IMO. That's August 17th is 35 days away with 16 left to go plus the "ranking" poll. So 48 hours per poll would work nicely.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I stopped doing it cause although I did it the first 3 years of Jets being back everyone kept moving it forward every year to point where someone started one in June. And they rushed through it. I think it should be an excersice to drive traffic over late July and early to mid August. Just plan to end it by August 20th or so and decide on the timeline from there, IMO. That's August 17th is 35 days away with 16 left to go plus the "ranking" poll. So 48 hours per poll would work nicely.
Sounds like a plan. The next votes should all be much closer. I just thought we started this thing early July and saw some teams boards had theirs almost done so wanted to make sure we had one going.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Sounds like a plan. The next votes should all be much closer. I just thought we started this thing early July and saw some teams boards had theirs almost done so wanted to make sure we had one going.
Appreciate you picked this up Puck. No right or wrong in my books. Just my opinion but I'd close down landslides early and leave open close votes a little longer.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Appreciate you picked this up Puck. No right or wrong in my books. Just my opinion but I'd close down landslides early and leave open close votes a little longer.
Thanks.
I will close this poll because it is so lopsided. I will make the next ones longer as they should be closer. I will add that twice now Ive had the thread completed and before I click Post it froze on me and I had to start over, so frustrating.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Thanks.
I will close this poll because it is so lopsided. I will make the next ones longer as they should be closer. I will add that twice now Ive had the thread completed and before I click Post it froze on me and I had to start over, so frustrating.

Agree. I don’t mind the pace of it at all. I missed the #2 vote but you snooze you lose.
Thanks for taking this on Puck Stoppa - when nobody else wanted to.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Past picks shouldn't matter, looking at current pick should. He was a first round type imo.

He wasn't just a 2nd rounder. He was 60th OA. He looks like he could outperform his draft position - if he can improve his skating. A little? A lot? That describes a lot of 2nd rounders. A lot of players who never make it. If Petan had that elite skating we expect from short players he would be an NHL regular by now.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Yes - thanks. You're the guy doing the work so you get to decide. I think KB has the right idea but if you are too quick there will be some who feel left out. You pick the happy medium.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The only super dud in the 2nd has been Sutter. If Petan, Samberg and Gustafsson make it, that's not a terrible percentage.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The only super dud in the 2nd has been Sutter. If Petan, Samberg and Gustafsson make it, that's not a terrible percentage.

We've only had 5 2nd rd picks. That would leave only Sutter and Harkins not making it. That's a lot better than just 'not terrible'. And Harkins is not a write-off yet either. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->