Jets Top Prospects Poll: #1 Prospect

Who is the Jets #1 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I started with 8. Let me know who to add, I think majority wins on the add so I'll add him to next one. Only 24 hours to vote.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I voted Samberg because I think he will eventually have the biggest impact on the team.
Vaseline is probably the #1 rated guy though.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I voted Samberg because I think he will eventually have the biggest impact on the team.
Vaseline is probably the #1 rated guy though.
Yeah Samberg might be the surest bet to have a long NHL career out of all these guys.

However for me his offensive upside is still a question mark for now so I’m gonna have to go with Vesalainen based on his pedigree and what he accomplished in his D+1 season

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Tough one between Niku and Ves. Went with Ves as I think he will bring a real unique dynamic to the forward core.

Add Spacek and then Green

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Voted Vesalainen.

Ideally, Wheeler signs a 3 yr extension and by the time that contract is over, Vesalainen has established himself as a very good top 6 winger option in the NHL.

Reactions: Ares

Whileee

May 29, 2010
K-Ves just seems like such a plug and play NHL winger. He has skill, size and a great shot.

I think Niku and Samberg come next, but D are a bit harder to project.

Reactions: FonRiesen

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Tough one between Niku and Ves. Went with Ves as I think he will bring a real unique dynamic to the forward core.

Add Spacek and then Green
Same thought process for me.

I'm leaning towards Ves because his season was so dominant, but I he lucked into a chunk of those points. His shooting percentage was super duper unsustainable.

Niku is just so silky smooth and he's got a longer track record. I think he's got top pair potential - even if 2nd pair is more likely.

I've just talked myself into voting Niku.

In the end:
  • Ves looks like a 2nd line winger to me.
  • Niku looks like a good bet to be a top 4 D.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm going with Niku - guy came over to the North American ice and put up an award winning season for an AHL defenseman, rookie or otherwise. Vesa's a close 2nd. 1a and 1b let's call them.

Add Spacek.

Reactions: jgimp

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm going with Niku - guy came over to the North American ice and put up an award winning season for an AHL defenseman, rookie or otherwise. Vesa's a close 2nd. 1a and 1b let's call them.

Add Spacek.
He honestly reminds me of a poor man's Karlsson. He makes the game look effortless out there. Much like Morrissey when he was making the jump, I'm curious to see how he does in his own zone. He has a high hockey IQ, great skating and first pass so I think he will adjust quickly but that is the area I'm going to watch for.
As for KVes, he looked great vs men in a pro league, his combination of size, speed and skill is something that really excites me, this kid should be a stud.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Sucks that all the old tables got shitcanned.

All-time 1st-10th ranked prospects. You can see the depth building on the right side of each line.

#R: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. 2017
#1: Scheifele, Scheifele, Trouba, Ehlers, Ehlers, Laine, Connor
#2: Klingberg, Trouba, Scheifele, Morrissey, Hellebuyck, Connor, Roslovic
#3: Cormier, Telegin, Morrissey, Hellebuyck, Morrisey, Hellebuyck, Vesalainen
#4: Postma, Postma, Lowry, Petan, Petan, Morrissey, Niku
#5: Gregoire, Machacek, Redmond, Hutchinson, Connor, Petan, Poolman
#6: Telegin, Cormier, Petan, Kosmachuk, Armia, Roslovic, Comrie
#7: O'Dell, Klingberg, Postma, Lowry, Roslovic, Armia, Spacek
#8: Maxwell, Pasquale, O'Dell, O'Dell, Harkins, Lemieux, Harkins
#9: Machacek, Sutter, Hellebuyck, Comrie, Comrie, Comrie, Samberg
#10: Kulda, Lowry, Telegin, Glover, Chiarot, Stanley, Stanley

12 (out of 36) different players ranked somewhere (often multiple times) in the Top 10 have made it. 33% success rate if a player appears somewhere in this list. 100% for those ranked 1st.

Reactions: scelaton

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Niku... I don’t think there’s a Defensive prospect more fit for the Jets roster. Can’t get much than being awarded Defensemen of the year in a men’s league.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I chose Niku over Vesalainen for now. He's more proven so far. Vesalainen is pick #2 for me and Appleton #3. Appleton might be a bit more proven so far but Vesa has more potential I think.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Niku--highest floor (NHL-ready now) and highest ceiling (Enstrom in his prime)

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Niku has scored in every NHL game he's played, so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->