Jets Top Prospect Poll: #18 Prospect

Who is the Jets #18 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I went with Bourque this time around. Basically a point per game D in his last couple of years in junior and he has a bit of a head start on the others so has a chance of making the NHL first. At 24 years of age Kerdiles has too much of a head start and looks like an AHL lifer already.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I think Moe can be one of those goalies picked late that carves out a semi decent career that others will wonder how everyone missed on him.

I pointed out in an earlier propect poll thread that his numbers are really similar to Berdin's, plus he's 2 years younger. He could be a real sleeper pick

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Come on, guys. How about some pity votes for Nic because of Savannah's pain and suffering? :puppy:

hqdefault.jpg

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Went with Moe here
Might as well add all the remaining guys to the last couple polls, in case people have varying opinions

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Not really understanding all the Moe support here. I can't get excited about a prospect who still has 4 years of College in front of him plus a year to two in the AHL. You gotta think a couple of other guys on the list will be playing in the NHL by then.

Reactions: Channelcat

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Not really understanding all the Moe support here. I can't get excited about a prospect who still has 4 years of College in front of him plus a year to two in the AHL. You gotta think a couple of other guys on the list will be playing in the NHL by then.

It's not the 'Who Gets a Cup of Coffee First" poll. It's best prospect to be an impact NHLer. Moe is arguably a better goalie than Helly was at the same age. I had him and Wong on a list of sleepers pre-draft and was gleefully shocked when I saw the Jets got both.

IMO:
#18: Moe
#19: Gawanke
#20: Chisholm

Note: I'm going to predict Wong will be top 10 prospect for the Jets in 12 months. And it won't be because others are regressing.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
It's not the 'Who Gets a Cup of Coffee First" poll. It's best prospect to be an impact NHLer. Moe is arguably a better goalie than Helly was at the same age. I had him and Wong on a list of sleepers pre-draft and was gleefully shocked when I saw the Jets got both.

IMO:
#18: Moe
#19: Gawanke
#20: Chisholm

Note: I'm going to predict Wong will be top 10 prospect for the Jets in 12 months. And it won't be because others are regressing.
Can't see him jumping up that much without a dominant college season and I thought he was going back to the AJHL for another year.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Not sure what stats you are looking but hockeydb.com has him as having played a mere 32 games and his save percentage is not better than Bucky's was as at a young age.

Moe is arguably a better goalie than Helly was at the same age.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Not sure what stats you are looking but hockeydb.com has him as having played a mere 32 games and his save percentage is not better than Bucky's was as at a young age.
The USHL is a better league than the NAHL, so you could argue the .919 Moe posted last year (7th best in the USHL) is better than Hellebuyck's .930 at the same age (2nd best in NAHL). But Hellebuyck did finish better compared to his peers (2nd, + .009 above league average) than Moe (7th, + .006 above league average).

Hellebuyck also did not make the Top 20 Jets Prospects here the summer he was drafted - and that 2012 list is full of busts (15 out of 20 ranked players never made the NHL), so it's not like stiff competition prevented him from making the cut...just lack of data.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

It is unlikely that any of the players still on the list ever make the NHL. Moe is maybe a little less unlikely than the others, partly just because he is so far away. He has lots of time to develop and doesn't have any failure on his resume yet.

Edit: :laugh: Just saw the Kerdiles support. Now there is something to wonder at. He was drafted 6 years ago. Entering D+7 he has managed just 3 NHL games so far and hasn't exactly been dominating the AHL. He is < 6 months from aging out as a prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad