Confirmed with Link: Jets sign JC Lipon

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Probably the last year for J.C. as he will not reach 80 N.H.L. career games played by the end of this year and will be a group 6 U.F.A. on July 1st.

HE probably would have played more N.H.L. games on a different team.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
Nothing wrong with a little sandpaper here. I welcome it. That's what we were lacking. Don't expect Lipon to crack the opening roster, but with a couple injuries, he will be in.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Nothing wrong with a little sandpaper here. I welcome it. That's what we were lacking. Don't expect Lipon to crack the opening roster, but with a couple injuries, he will be in.

Take more than a couple IMO. The Jets would probably need a couple of forward lines in sick bay for Lipon to be up. You've got your PB sitters, then more likely candidates for promotion like Lemmy, Appleton, Spacek, maybe Kerdiles and Vesalainen. He's been a decent, gritty player for the Moose but I just don't see him on the Jets. If he is, the Jets are in some serious trouble.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg

Seems extremely doubtful. I expect Lipon to be a career AHLer.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm guessing it'll be his final year with the Jets, if not he heads to another team that'll likely be somewhere in Europe.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Really good addition to the Moose who look poised to have one of the best lineups in the AHL (assuming Maurice starts his vets in the NHL). My best guess at a lineup:

Kerdiles - Appleton - Vesalainen
Lemieux - Griffith - Spacek
Suess - Lipon - Everberg
McKenzie -Girard - Harkins
(MaClise / Reichel)

Niku - Poolman
Stoykewych - Schilling
Stanley - Nogier
(Bourque - Green)

Comrie
Berdin

Looks like a really solid Top 9 forwards and a ton of depth on the back end (where's Cederholm go? ECHL first pair?). Overall a great blend of young talent and vets to help mould them into competant professionals.

I'll certainly be scouting a bunch of Moose games this season. It was a joy watching Kesler, Raymond, Burrows, Edler etc play for the Moose all those years ago and this team appears to have the most NHL talent of all Moose teams since.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Seems extremely doubtful. I expect Lipon to be a career AHLer.

He was one of the last cuts from TC the previous 2 years. Probable starter for the Moose, I'd say front runner for the C. The skilled guys can replace skill guys. But the trenchmen? After Lowry, Copp, Tanev, Dano may get a look, then it's Lemieux and Lipon. I always hoped to see a Lemieux-Lowry-Lipon line for a few games. They would battle with the toughest lines.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Probable starter for the Moose, I'd say front runner for the C.

John Albert and Patrice Cormier also wore the 'C' for the Moose, and neither of them could crack an NHL roster either.

It's not that I don't like Lipon, I just don't think there is any way he is cracking this roster unless we have a significant amount of injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad