Proposal: Jets / Sens

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
So you're saying the Sens would rather have nickels than Roslovic?

Yeah. It's not the smart way to build a team, but management was so happy to flaunt "six assets" in the Karlsson deal, so I'm assuming they'll be looking for a similar (quantity of futures) type of package for Duchene.

Roslovic is nice, but he's also closer to a payday than draft picks are, so I'm sure the Sens will take their chances with the lottery (umm...draft) picks.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't think the Jets need Duchene. Plus I think Duchene has much more value than that, despite the fact I am aware his value has gone down a ton.

Matt Duchene to Arizona would make more sense if they are battling for a playoff spot.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I'd do this if it is clear Duchene won't return and there's no better offer. Roslovic is going to be a good middle 6er and Perreault is still a good player. Not what I'd target but at least they are two NHL level pieces. Adding Perreault would give us the flexibility to trade Dzingel at the deadline, too.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
While I'm not sure if Duchene could get a better deal, that's honestly not too bad of a return for Ott. Not sure if its worth it for Wpg however.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Good god no from Winnipeg. Roslovic has some real nice upside.....and probably more respectful to his coaches...

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Bing bing bing bing!

We have a winner.

Do the Jets ever plan on going for it?

Every preseason prediction I made about your team has so far has been100% accurate?

I love the Jets want them to succeed more than any current franchise .

Same boring old non moves .......I guess more boring mediocrity .

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Can someone enlighten me about Duchene's character issues and other things that have been mentioned?
I am out of the loop. What has he done?

serious question

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No from the Jets. Don’t need a locker room cancer. He’s a good player and would be an excellent 2C for us but there’s no sense giving up a young forward with top 6 potential in Roslovic and a spark plug in Perreault for someone who will likely hurt the dressing room.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Can someone enlighten me about Duchene's character issues and other things that have been mentioned?
I am out of the loop. What has he done?

serious question

Well this video of him (and some teammates to be fair) shit talking his coach(es) just went viral. He mentioned not paying attention for something like 3 weeks (which shows he doesn’t really care).

And I’m not an expert about his time in Colorado but he wanted out of there.

Reactions: Snowman

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I saw the tape...kinda low for the cabbie to post it but like Maurice said, there is a lot worse said every day by players about coaches AND coaches about players.
I just haven't heard anything about him being a locker room cancer.
He almost always played for Team Canada when asked and seemed to be liked by those team mates?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Do the Jets ever plan on going for it?

Every preseason prediction I made about your team has so far has been100% accurate?

I love the Jets want them to succeed more than any current franchise .

Same boring old non moves .......I guess more boring mediocrity .

Boring non-moves have got them from near bottom of the league 7 years ago to near top today. The 'moves' Chevy has made have largely made the team worse, not better.

Right now, Jets don't have a problem at C. They do have some problems on D and more on the horizon. If they are going to make any moves they should be directed at solving those issues.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Boring non-moves have got them from near bottom of the league 7 years ago to near top today. The 'moves' Chevy has made have largely made the team worse, not better.

Right now, Jets don't have a problem at C. They do have some problems on D and more on the horizon. If they are going to make any moves they should be directed at solving those issues.

Considering everyone Bryan Little plays beside significantly drops in production I believe it is.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018

They have major problems at C? I'm not getting into it .

But eventually you go for it right? Isent that the name of the game.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Good god no from Winnipeg. Roslovic has some real nice upside.....and probably more respectful to his coaches...

Besides the fact that I wouldn't touch this trade, you would have to be extremely naive to believe that other players around the league have not said similar things if not worse things than what Duchene said.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Besides the fact that I wouldn't touch this trade, you would have to be extremely naive to believe that other players around the league have not said similar things if not worse things than what Duchene said.
True. Most just don't say it on camera. I just wish the driver had asked them what they thought of their owner.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They have major problems at C? I'm not getting into it .

But eventually you go for it right? Isent that the name of the game.

Throwing away the future for a one and done shot at the cup is chasing fools gold. But that is another debate. If the Jets are going for it, this trade would not be the way to do it.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad