Proposal: Jets / Sens

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
This might be worse than just letting the guy walk as a UFA.

Reactions: JFH

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Considering what Statsny got last year, 27th overall pick and a fourth rounder. Kane went for 2nd and 4th (both late in the round,) the proposed sounds reasonable. Yea, the Sens have to think Roslovic is going to be an NHLer. Do Sens fans really think they will get more for mid season rental? Plus Perrault gives some respectable help to the Sens for a couple of years.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Considering what Statsny got last year, 27th overall pick and a fourth rounder. Kane went for 2nd and 4th (both late in the round,) the proposed sounds reasonable. Yea, the Sens have to think Roslovic is going to be an NHLer. Do Sens fans really think they will get more for mid season rental? Plus Perrault gives some respectable help to the Sens for a couple of years.

That Kane 2nd became a 1st. Also, strange how you ignored the Nash return in this analysis.

Reactions: zaqq

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
That Kane 2nd became a 1st. Also, strange how you ignored the Nash return in this analysis.

Yes, the second became a first, but so what? The TDL was in effect for a second. Too bad Wilson compounded the problem with a 7 X 7 contract. Yea Boston overpaid for Nash, but part of the deal was cap dumping to the Rangers, strange how you ignored that in your analysis.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Yes, the second became a first, but so what? The TDL was in effect for a second. Too bad Wilson compounded the problem with a 7 X 7 contract. Yea Boston overpaid for Nash, but part of the deal was cap dumping to the Rangers, strange how you ignored that in your analysis.

No, its just straight up disingenuous to say that Kane went for a 2nd when it was actually a first.

As for the Nash deal, I never mentioned any part of the return, so you're really reaching to say that I was trying to pretend their was no cap dump. All I did was insinuate that it was a good return (which it undoubtedly was). But, now that you mention it, I'm sure Ottawa would be fine taking on a contract that is 50% retained (resulting in a less than 2M hit for 2 years) in order to get full value.

Reactions: zaqq

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I think Perreault is a non-starter for the Sens honestly and Roslovic, while good, isn't enough value on his own from a Sens perspective. I think a Duchene trade will inevitably end up being quantity over quality and definitely futures based (i.e cheap) to fit the Sens MO. Not bad value necesarily, but definitely more in the vein of "5 nickels for a quarter" type of trade.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
Jets pass. Perrault is too expensive for the Jets, but not a cap dump. Roslovic has potential and is still on his ELC. Not a fair trade for a rental that we probably can't afford to sign and may not fit with the Jets in the short term either.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Wouldn't mind doing that, although I like Perreault and Roslo
Then we could basically roll 3 top-6 lines and a shutdown line

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I think Perreault is a non-starter for the Sens honestly and Roslovic, while good, isn't enough value on his own from a Sens perspective. I think a Duchene trade will inevitably end up being quantity over quality and definitely futures based (i.e cheap) to fit the Sens MO. Not bad value necesarily, but definitely more in the vein of "5 nickels for a quarter" type of trade.

So you're saying the Sens would rather have nickels than Roslovic?

People are using the Statsny and Kane trades as comparables. I value Roslovic much higher than the main components of those deals. Roslovic for Duchene straight across is a win for the Sens, IMO.

Reactions: Huffer

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Sens would need a 1st round pick plus a prospect.

Matty P is a top 6 player on a bargain contract he shouldn’t be going anywhere.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Roslovic doesn’t get you Duchene.

Sure, but if the Sens hold out for a better asset than him they'll be left holding the bag.

Better packages will be available. Better individual assets will not.

And to be clear, I'm not saying the Sens should take this offer. I'm just pointing out that, for any rental, Roslovic is already a more valuable asset than typically gets moved.

If the Sens are shooting for a package of lottery tickets, say a 1st, 2nd, and middle of the road prospect, they'll get it. If they think they're going to get good young NHL players with untapped potential, they'll be left holding the bag.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I would pass on Duchene, not the guy I would want on our team. Black cloud follows this guy around like a plague

Reactions: Flair Hay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad