GDT: Jets @ Sens -Healthy scratch edition - 20 Feb 2020 - 7:30 TSN5

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The truly awful players tonight were too numerous to detail, but there were a few standouts:

Hainsey makes the last days of Oduya looks like Lidstrom in his prime. Dude now moves like a pregnant water buffalo, with the hands and puck sense to match. His regression in the second half of the season has been breathtakingly fast.

Englund is a black hole with the puck - zero skill. He's physical, but has zero hockey sense to go along with his poor hands.

This new guy - Jayce whatever - is just a replacement level scrub. No hands, no hockey sense, a black hole possession wise. The puck would literally have to bounce off his backside in order for him to score.

Replacing Namestnikov and DeMelo with Jayce and Englund shows you just how painfully thin our roster is. Even taking two very average NHL players off our team, and subbing in two AHL scrubs, makes us significantly worse.
The downgrade from DeMelo to Englund is huge. But I'm told not to worry, it's really easy to replace DeMelo in free agency!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The downgrade from DeMelo to Englund is huge. But I'm told not to worry, it's really easy to replace DeMelo in free agency!

Or, Wolanin/Branstrom get to play on our team next year.

Are we really now going to do the whole inflate the value of DeMelo now? Yes, we can acquire a bottom pairing defenseman in the summertime for free, easily.

Besides, aren’t you one of the posters who want us to lose games?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

DeMelo was literally a free agent for about two weeks last summer before San Jose decided to give him another shot.

Reactions: coladin

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Just finished watching the game on dvr. Lot of things went wrong tonight but seeing Pierre on his Dell laptop was the worst of them all.

I've officially lost all hope...

I saw Dorion on the 200/300 Level concourse between the first and second. Then again, I also saw Andrew Scheer there. (Insert your own punchline here.) I didn't think anyone still used a Dell - no wonder he is so slow to make transactions...

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Missed the game. How did hawryluk look?

I thought he looked blah - he works hard, but he just has zero puck possession skills or instincts. I followed him for a shift or two, and while it wasn't as bad as watching Sabourin, it was along those lines. He is the ultimate filler player, or JAG as some scouts call them. (Just another guy.)

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I saw Dorion on the 200/300 Level concourse between the first and second. Then again, I also saw Andrew Scheer there. (Insert your own punchline here.) I didn't think anyone still used a Dell - no wonder he is so slow to make transactions...

Really? Dell is bad? C’mon. Most companies are HP or Dell. Having worked on both, they are fine. (I am on an HP laptop these days)

I have a photo of him and EM from Tuesday. Pierre looked a little stressed.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

I saw Scheer too. I was surprised at how young he looks in person. Kinda geeky in person too...in part i guess because he has a 12 year old

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Replacing Namestnikov and DeMelo with Jayce and Englund shows you just how painfully thin our roster is. Even taking two very average NHL players off our team, and subbing in two AHL scrubs, makes us significantly worse.
To their defence, if Belleville wasn't where they are in the standings, Jayce and Englund wouldn't be here, Norris and Brann would.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Really? Dell is bad? C’mon. Most companies are HP or Dell. Having worked on both, they are fine. (I am on an HP laptop these days)

I wonder what GMs do on their computers during the games? We know only like 2-3 teams pay attention to advanced stats, so is he just refreshing Twitter all game, or posting in HFBoards? Seriously though, is he refreshing his emails every few minutes? Seriously though, this isn't a knock on Dorion, just curious. This could probably be said for all GMs.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The truly awful players tonight were too numerous to detail, but there were a few standouts:

Hainsey makes the last days of Oduya looks like Lidstrom in his prime. Dude now moves like a pregnant water buffalo, with the hands and puck sense to match. His regression in the second half of the season has been breathtakingly fast.

Englund is a black hole with the puck - zero skill. He's physical, but has zero hockey sense to go along with his poor hands.

This new guy - Jayce whatever - is just a replacement level scrub. No hands, no hockey sense, a black hole possession wise. The puck would literally have to bounce off his backside in order for him to score.

You know, Jean Beliveau scored a helluva lot of goals that way. My dad was a Habs fan way back then, and he still laughs about how many goals he scored by bouncing the puck off his butt.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I wonder what GMs do on their computers during the games? We know only like 2-3 teams pay attention to advanced stats, so is he just refreshing Twitter all game, or posting in HFBoards? Seriously though, is he refreshing his emails every few minutes? Seriously though, this isn't a knock on Dorion, just curious. This could probably be said for all GMs.

A new show called a GM’s Life on CTV.

Is the trade deadline coming up?

Was he watching scouting video?

Did someone send him package email with video and tonnes of stats that he needed to review?

Maybe he was doing his son’s homework.

Most likely with all the offers he is getting, he can’t do it on his iPhone 6s

;)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
A new show called a GM’s Life on CTV.

Is the trade deadline coming up?

Was he watching scouting video?

Did someone send him package email with video and tonnes of stats that he needed to review?

Maybe he was doing his son’s homework.

Most likely with all the offers he is getting, he can’t do it on his iPhone 6s

;)
All this makes sense for sure, but seriously, think about all the options you gave above, if the GM really wanted to accomplish and devote 100% attention to the things you mention, why not just sit in your office and do it? Or wait til after the game? Not even a need to debate, just we always see laptops, but never see the clip where the GM is actually doing something on said laptop.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

I think its bad in the way apple is bad, its just way overpriced for what you're getting. Their Alienware line is particularly egregious in pricing. They charge nearly twice what the parts are worth just buying them individually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->