Jets sellout streak ends at 332

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
The Jets sellout streak, which began with the return of the NHL to Winnipeg ended last night. For the first time in 8 years, the Jets failed to sellout. I blame the over-saturation of the Winnipeg market, when it comes to hockey. I questioned how economically feasible it was to have the NHL and AHL in the Winnipeg market, but now with the WHL moving to Winnipeg, I think it is obvious the market cannot handle three teams.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
There was already a thread about this which had strangely been locked after only 15 replies.

tenor.gif

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
With a crowd of 14,764, tonight marked the first time since the Jets went back to Winnipeg that they've reported honestly that they have failed to sell out a game.

Reactions: TheGovernment

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I questioned how economically feasible it was to have the NHL and AHL in the Winnipeg market, but now with the WHL moving to Winnipeg, I think it is obvious the market cannot handle three teams.
That may be a minor, contributing factor, but there are many other things at play as well. I just think that unless you've already paid for a ticket as a seasons ticket holder, people aren't willing to pay the asking price for the Coyotes on a Tuesday night. Nope... not at those prices.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad