Prospect Info: Jets Select Patrik Laine 2nd Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
How possible is that Jets sends Laine to AHL.
And if that happen what are the odds Laine participates Finland in world juniors?

Pretty much zero chance he goes to the AHL to start the season

1) Maurice already has given several interviews talking about him in the NHL, how he intends to play him with good players and being patient with him.

2) He has already been assigned an NHL number (29) Every other player the Jets have drafted was assigned a number between 38 and 99 which they use in TC and upon callup until they make the NHL out of TC.

If he's struggling in the NHL perhaps the Jets consider releasing him for the tournament but I wouldn't count on it.

To build on what Aavco said the other comment I heard Maurice say on H&L about Laine when he was asked about him playing with the Jets. Mo said (paraphrase) 'our goal is to win games now and sometimes the trouble with young offensively gifted players is they need to learn how to play defense and that takes time'. He went on to say 'the good thing about Finnish players is they all seem to be taught to play defense from a young age'. Mo also said 'Patrik has a good stick and a good understanding of where to be and how to play defensively so it is easier to trust him with good players and against good players in the NHL'.

I tried to download the podcast of this Pmo interview on H&L but I am in a bit of a rush this morning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad