Proposal: Jets/Sabres

Whileee

May 29, 2010
the jets would do that because they get a great two way center who is in his prime that is signed to a good contract instead of a past-his-prime two way center that is worse. think before you post
Stastny should be good for the next couple of years.

Signing Stastny as a UFA costs nothing more - trading three top prospects isn't worth the incremental quality that ROR brings. It just isn't worth considering.

Reactions: Snowman

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
the jets would do that because they get a great two way center who is in his prime that is signed to a good contract instead of a past-his-prime two way center that is worse. think before you post
If you think statsny is not a great 2 way center and is past his prime you don't watch hockey. Oh wait...just saw your name...that is a given.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
If you think statsny is not a great 2 way center and is past his prime you don't watch hockey. Oh wait...just saw your name...that is a given.
why did you assume i don't think statsny isn't a great 2 way center?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Two young potential top six, a potential second pair and a pick for ROR and a potential top six actually seems not too bad for Winnipeg. If Buffalo retained a little salary.

Would be simpler to leave Vesalainen and Nylander out of this. Roslovic Samberg and 2nd is pretty cheap for a two way 2C signed long term.

Hell we could give them Perresult or Myers for free in this trade and still come out ahead...

Am I crazy here?!

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Ehlers + Mason

for

ROR + 2018 or 2019 2nd

As much as people hate Masons contract he’s the backup in town and only has one more year on his deal(maybe he signs for cheaper realizing his role next season or maybe not), to the next guy Ehlers that’s a no, he’s scored 64pts in his sophomore season(tying ROR’s best season) and scored 60 with 29 Goals while having very limited PP minutes and limited 5v5(pretty much limited minutes all in total) before his prime(or so what I think his prime will be, like 24-26 given more experience and higher minutes played). So that’s a no.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Two young potential top six, a potential second pair and a pick for ROR and a potential top six actually seems not too bad for Winnipeg. If Buffalo retained a little salary.

Would be simpler to leave Vesalainen and Nylander out of this. Roslovic Samberg and 2nd is pretty cheap for a two way 2C signed long term.

Hell we could give them Perresult or Myers for free in this trade and still come out ahead...

Am I crazy here?!

Yeah I should had added a retained Salary as well(but then it would probably have to be a overpayment as it’s hard to find teams that are willing to retain on expensive deals).

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
why did you assume i don't think statsny isn't a great 2 way center?
Past his prime? This is the same thing every leaf fan says about any player over 28...but the changes their tune when a 41 year old chara shuts down matthews....how can that be? That is 13 years past his prime.

Reactions: Maukkis

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Past his prime? This is the same thing every leaf fan says about any player over 28...but the changes their tune when a 41 year old chara shuts down matthews....how can that be? That is 13 years past his prime.
its not only leaf fans that say any player over 28 is past his prime...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Yeah I should had added a retained Salary as well(but then it would probably have to be a overpayment as it’s hard to find teams that are willing to retain on expensive deals).
For as much as you were offering, the Sabres would have to eat half of his salary.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Amazing how a poster with WPG in his user name can know so little about the Jets needs & cap situation.
Yet he/she keeps starting these proposals that all Jets fans know don't work.

Of course other teams consider them. The Jets lose parts they have carefully developed that are either in the NHL or very close.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Amazing how a poster with WPG in his user name can know so little about the Jets needs & cap situation.

Of course other teams consider them. The Jets lose parts they have carefully developed that are either in the NHL or very close.

Ofcoarse none of these deals will be done(I highly doubt any proposal on the boards from this point on will be done), Its just a damn proposal. I’m just seeing and gauging the value. If Chevy where to do 0.25 of the trade proposal I’ve made I’d damn near hate the guy(and he’s up for GM of the year so that says a lot from who he is and how bad I think some if not all of my proposals are) but again I’m just testing value(mostly of the opposing fans, as you can see many of them don’t like the deal as well) and seeing possibilities of who the Jets should, could, might, shouldn’t or won’t target. I don’t know why everyone has there damn panties in a ruffle.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

uh ok

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Id do Little plus Perreault (Cap reasons) for ROR.

Buffalo wouldn't.

I like ROR but his 7.5 cap hit would be impossible .

Why would Wpg move ELC contracts totally like 2.5 3 million for a guy making 7.5

Love ROR but Little for sure needs to be moving out then in that deal.

Can't have scheif at 6.25 ish.. Ror at 7.5 and Little at 5.5 ish as your top 3 centers.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Tbh the Sabres don’t need help, they need a 360... If a team having Eichel and ROR is consistently one of the worst let alone not making the playoffs than ROR should be worth giving up for a higher amount of assets.

A 360, eh? So they need to do a spin and keep facing the same direction? Great misuse of a phrase. Read a book or five, will you?

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Id do Little plus Perreault (Cap reasons) for ROR.

Buffalo wouldn't.

I like ROR but his 7.5 cap hit would be impossible .

Why would Wpg move ELC contracts totally like 2.5 3 million for a guy making 7.5

Love ROR but Little for sure needs to be moving out then in that deal.

Can't have scheif at 6.25 ish.. Ror at 7.5 and Little at 5.5 ish as your top 3 centers.

Agreed

No chance we trade away multi of our best prospects for ROR. Couldn't even fit his massive cap hit into our roster without trading multi main guys.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
A 360, eh? So they need to do a spin and keep facing the same direction? Great misuse of a phrase. Read a book or five, will you?

Lol it wasn’t a misuse of a phrase I All I was saying is that Buffalo needs a turn around, having 2 “Elite” Centers should make any team a playoff team but they’re the farthest from it. Picking apart a phrase doesn’t make me any less correct, it just means your reaching for the least relevant part of the argument it would be like me saying that reading an unexplained book wouldn’t necessarily make me better at math. All in all Buffalo is the worst team in the league and that’s not gonna change by doing the same thing every season(nothing), they need a turnaround.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ya nylander 27 points in 51 games in the AHL is miles ahead of roslovics 35 points in 32 games. What rock have you been hiding under?
Where did i day miles? You quoted my exact post then said 'miles' i dont give up on prospects in a struggling organization two years after they are drafted with his pedigree and a top 10 pick. I like his end game potential more than roslovic. I dont simply evaluate a player based on his point production.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Where did i day miles? You quoted my exact post then said 'miles' i dont give up on prospects in a struggling organization two years after they are drafted with his pedigree and a top 10 pick. I like his end game potential more than roslovic. I dont simply evaluate a player based on his point production.
So in the same 51 games roslovic would have had 59 points or so to 27 points for nylander and you are blaming the organization for those points and still think nylander is better? What else do you evaluate him on? Defence? Cause roslovic has him there too. Skating? Tell me more.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
So in the same 51 games roslovic would have had 59 points or so to 27 points for nylander and you are blaming the organization for those points and still think nylander is better? What else do you evaluate him on? Defence? Cause roslovic has him there too. Skating? Tell me more.
Pedigree and drafy position dont mean much when you cant mske the nhl.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
A struggling prospect is worth more than thriving prospects because draft position. Good luck with that kind of logic. Nylander is not even a good player on his AHL team.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I don’t know why ROR is on any trade lists especially where Sabers fans value him. They trade him and then what? Reinhart takes 2C? That’s brutal. They just be looking to find ROR again once they get rid of him. They would just be digging one hole to fill another.

It doesn’t work for the Jets situation either because it would cost them more than just the players listed in the OP to make the cap work. I’m not saying they would make trades as bad as Stan Bowman but they wouldn’t be getting equal value back once other GMs know they have to clear cap.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017

So Yakupov > Mittelstadt...?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->