Proposal: Jets/Sabres

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I realize that the Jets give up some pretty solid pieces, but how the hell does this help Buffalo?

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I realize that the Jets give up some pretty solid pieces, but how the hell does this help Buffalo?

Tbh the Sabres don’t need help, they need a 360... If a team having Eichel and ROR is consistently one of the worst let alone not making the playoffs than ROR should be worth giving up for a higher amount of assets.

Last edited by a moderator:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
how is this bad for the jets? they give up a few good prospects but they don't lose anyone playing for them and gain a 60 point centre in the process

Roslovic was playing for them...and looked damn good.

Also vesalainen is gonna be very good.

I think It's horrible for the Jets. They are much better off offering Statsny a ROR like contract and get a 2C for free without having to give up any pieces. That makes a ton more sense.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010

I think It's horrible for the Jets. They are much better off offering Statsny a ROR like contract and get a 2C for free without having to give up any pieces. That makes a ton more sense.

Well I would think the proposed deal assumes Stastny doesn’t come back to Winnipeg.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018

I agree vesalainen will probably be a very good player, and roslovic is promising, but the jets are entering a cup window and right now ROR helps them a hell of a lot more than either of them

Reactions: Mitts888

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I agree vesalainen will probably be a very good player, and roslovic is promising, but the jets are entering a cup window and right now ROR helps them a hell of a lot more than either of them
They are a young core...their window will be open for a longgg time. They don't need to make any knee jerk moves.

Even if they lose Stastny, their C depth is still fine.

Schef
Little
Roslovic/Copp
Lowry

Thet don't even need to make a move for a C.

Hell if I'm the Jets, I think about moving Wheeler to C with all this winger depth..he looked like a #1C when he filled in for Schiefele.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Pass.....his cap hit is unmanageable for the Jets........no point discussing values. We have much bigger fish to sign & pay this summer......can't fit them plus ROR. Also not worth gutting our team to make room for ROR, if we were going to do that just gut it totally for JT 10 million. Jets management continue to preach building for long term sustainability in the playoffs, not a flash in the pan. Gutting all our best prospects does not fall in line with their outlook.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
They are a young core...their window will be open for a longgg time. They don't need to make any knee jerk moves.

Even if they lose Stastny, their C depth is still fine.

Schef
Little
Roslovic
Lowry

Thet don't even need to make a move for a C.

Hell if I'm the Jets, I think about moving Wheeler to C with all this winger depth..he looked like a #1C when he filled in for Schiefele.

Especially at the cost of all our best prospects......ROR isn't worth that to us.....not to mention that massive cap hit we would have gut other players to fit into our team. Easy pass

Whileee

May 29, 2010
how is this bad for the jets? they give up a few good prospects but they don't lose anyone playing for them and gain a 60 point centre in the process
ROR cap hit would push Wheeler or another core piece out the door after next season. If the Jets need a #2/3 C for the next couple of seasons they would be better to go for a cheaper option like Stastny and keep their best prospects to give them very good and inexpensive depth. Jets will always be a draft and develop team to sustain success and wouldn't contemplate gutting their prospect pipeline.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
No no and no. Sorry but we'll find a good center prospect in next years draft. No need to give up so many valuable assets in our system for ROR.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
Vesalainen + Roslovic + Samberg + 2nd round pick

For

ROR + Nylander

This doesn't work for either team.I'm not sold on Roslovic yet but the kid keeps getting better and better.Samberg could be everything Zach Bogosian was suppose to be.As far as Vesalainen goes.......

p2SCFQu.jpg

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Fair value IMO, whether it makes sense for the Jets is a different topic. Oh and I would retain 1.5mil on ROR to ease the cap situation for Winnipeg.

Last edited:

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
This trade makes zero sense for the Jets. They would have a hard enough time fitting Stastny in under the cap never mind ROR's 7.5 mil and they don't need another winger. Entry level contracts will be worth their weight in gold for the Jets in the upcoming years we need as many of those as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad