Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Patrice Cormier from the Moose.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
This guy really deserves call up, yep! xD

Armia may deserve a call up, but PMo recalls people for roles they play. He uses the 4th line to basically buy time for the other 3 lines to rest up, and they play a straight line, cycle down low type of game. Armia would be on the middle 6 if he were called up.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Cormier's got a two-way deal that pays $650k in the NHL and $150k in the AHL, however he's guaranteed $200k. This is probably why he's the first call-up.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Seems to me that Lipon earned the call-up by virtue of his preseason play the most.

This.

Of all the hockey players in the world, why Cormier? Why? Why? Why?

The Moose just got better by subtraction.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Armia may deserve a call up, but PMo recalls people for roles they play. He uses the 4th line to basically buy time for the other 3 lines to rest up, and they play a straight line, cycle down low type of game. Armia would be on the middle 6 if he were called up.

Precious little rest with this group.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Next game against a 'big' team, we could see: Thorburn-Cormier-Peluso

Lord kill me now...

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
They trust Cormiers defensive game. Thats the only reason they picked him, and I'm ok with it.....as long as Petan plays.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They trust Cormiers defensive game. Thats the only reason they picked him, and I'm ok with it.....as long as Petan plays.

Yeah, you are right. The trouble is that we have players who might actually have the NHL in their futures who are waiting for their opportunity.

Put Burmi in the middle (defensive reliability and FOs) between Lipon and Thor. Put Petan at 3LW. It is time to try that anyway and the Leafs are the best possible opponent to try it on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad