Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Patrice Cormier from the Moose.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If you're looking for a 4th line centre...that's about all you can call up from the Moose.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Let's be honest, we should be in the market for a 4th line center or maybe a winger.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg

+1

Hopefully he will be pressbox filler. Would rather see Burmi shift for 4C and have Petan slot up to 3LW w/ Lowry + Stafford.

Imagine Petan getting some ice time with Stafford? A player that isn't an offensive blackhole (no offense to Scoreburn :sarcasm:)

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
+1

Hopefully he will be pressbox filler. Would rather see Burmi shift for 4C and have Petan slot up to 3LW w/ Lowry + Stafford.

Imagine Petan getting some ice time with Stafford? A player that isn't an offensive blackhole (no offense to Scoreburn :sarcasm:)

This is definitely more palatable than a 4th line of Peluso/Petan/Thor, and keeping the other lines the same. Although I feel for Burmi slotting between Peluso and Thor, maybe he could elevate their game a bit and the 4th could see more minutes? Or is that just crazy talk?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Sooo ... 4th line of Peluso/Petan/Thorburn tonight?

What's the scoop on Raffl? Injured?

Raffl = injured.

This is definitely more palatable than a 4th line of Peluso/Petan/Thor, and keeping the other lines the same. Although I feel for Burmi slotting between Peluso and Thor, maybe he could elevate their game a bit and the 4th could see more minutes? Or is that just crazy talk?

I'm thinking that he would probably be a lot better defensively than Petan, and shore up our 4th line so they don't get taken advantage of. I'm thinking that Babcock will want to take advantage our our 4th line and keep sending out one of the top lines against them. At least w/ Burmi I would feel more comfortable with the defensive part of the game.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Raffl = injured.

I'm thinking that he would probably be a lot better defensively than Petan, and shore up our 4th line so they don't get taken advantage of. I'm thinking that Babcock will want to take advantage our our 4th line and keep sending out one of the top lines against them. At least w/ Burmi I would feel more comfortable with the defensive part of the game.

I'd like to put Petan up on the Scheifele line - where at least he'll be sheltered and in a position to play to his strengths. Put Perreault on the Lowry line and move Burmistrov down to centre the 4th. (Or have Burmi centre the 3rd and put Lowry down on the 4th. I think you want to keep Lowry's size on the 3rd line though. 4th has all the size on the wings, so Lowry in the middle might be overkill.)

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
being bad at hockey doesn't make you good defensively at hockey.

EDIT: ignore, i misread the post this was generally responding to.

Cormier's worse at hockey then petan in pretty much every aspect. I don't know why we wouldn't either A)play petan at center or B) drop burmi to center and call up lipon or armia instead.

it's fourth line plug call so i guess nothing really to lose sleep over but Cormier has pretty much become my AHL version of thorburn.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd like to put Petan up on the Scheifele line - where at least he'll be sheltered and in a position to play to his strengths. Put Perreault on the Lowry line and move Burmistrov down to centre the 4th. (Or have Burmi centre the 3rd and put Lowry down on the 4th. I think you want to keep Lowry's size on the 3rd line though. 4th has all the size on the wings, so Lowry in the middle might be overkill.)

I would hesitate to pull Perreault away from Chef + Ehlers, only because they're all clicking so well together. If Petan was given the chance to play with that line, I certainly wouldn't complain. The kid has so much talent that I feel is being squandered on the 4th line..... That being said, I think he's a better 4th line option than most other players we have in our system.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I agree, I would have preferred to see Armia or Lipon called up and placed on the wing of either Petan or Burmi.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Maybe they called him up because no one can score a flipping goal on the Moose right now, but if someone was to score, it sure wouldn't be Cormier.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
+1

Sounds good!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Put Petan at center and bring up a winger. I shudder to think that Cormier is better at hockey than Armia and others on the the Moose.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't mind Cormier as a filler if needed. Not a total liability and has some real sandpaper to his game.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
being bad at hockey doesn't make you good defensively at hockey.

EDIT: ignore, i misread the post this was generally responding to.

Cormier's worse at hockey then petan in pretty much every aspect. I don't know why we wouldn't either A)play petan at center or B) drop burmi to center and call up lipon or armia instead.

it's fourth line plug call so i guess nothing really to lose sleep over but Cormier has pretty much become my AHL version of thorburn.

The problem remains the same -- Maurice insists on getting his plugs in there first chance he gets. And, yes I call Thorbs & Peluso plugs -- one or the other on a line is fine but when you insist on playing both on that 4th line, its matters little who you put as C on that line.

Instead of calling someone who deserves to be called up (Lipon had a great camp & would fill in very nicely as a winger on that 4th line), he calls up another guy who is undeserving to fill in for Petan (once they realize that the 4th line isn't working).

As long as Maurice insists on running with the pylons, we're a broken machine folks.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Put Petan at center and bring up a winger. I shudder to think that Cormier is better at hockey than Armia and others on the the Moose.

Come on you guys, there bringing Cormier up because he play's centre, his FO record in the handful of games he played here the last few seasons wasn't bad.

Armia has the intensity of a wet paper bag.:sarcasm:

Have to agree though, the weak 4th line is problematic and has been since game one of the Jets version 2.0!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad