Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Chase De Leo from the Moose.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Not that it means a lot based on sample size, but will be interesting to see how De Leo looks relative to Petan in a NHL game. Petan still had that step behind the play look to me 5 on 5 vs the Hawks. Don't really see that with Kosmachuk who is right in the play, although not great puck skills.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I'm higher on De Leo then I am on Petan. I'm no expert by any stretch, but I've never been in love with Petan's game. I'm very pleased to see De Leo get a chance to show something inside the heat chamber of this raging tire fire.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Maybe finally shutting Perreault down? He's been hurt for awhile.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Really happy Chase is getting a shot to play in the NHL. Seems like the kid has worked his ass off all year for the Moose and I have enjoyed listening to his interviews. Seems like a very driven kid and in this god forsaken season its nice to have some positive moments. Hope his parents could make it up from Cali on short notice.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
How are we having all of these injuries all of the sudden? :laugh: Tank much?

No need to push guys to play hurt at this point.

It reminds me of when the Oilers did a full on tank for Taylor Hall. Pretty sure they were calling up Junior players the last few games to fill out the roster.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
As he should be. I've never been overly impressed with Patrice at the NHL level.

In case he's not interested in moving over to Europe, his best interest would be to be the future captain on the Moose with relatively good long term contracts for what he is. He's not going to make it as a NHL player. Just not talented enough.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
In case he's not interested in moving over to Europe, his best interest would be to be the future captain on the Moose with relatively good long term contracts for what he is. He's not going to make it as a NHL player. Just not talented enough.

Agree with this, doubtful that another org will take a flyer for NHL purposes.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
It's a new strain, the Matthews Flu.

Jets player: "Damn! I got a paper cut".
Jets staff: "On IR you go! Can never be too cautious".

Good for De Leo - like his game in the AHL, and loved watching him play in the W when I got a chance to buy a game or two. Great tenacity, and some good puck skills and a nose for the net as well.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
De Leo has been a bright spot on another wise terrible Moose team, I was quite suprised to see the production he was putting up there all things considered.

Nice to see him get a shot, the more youngsters brought up at this point the better, let them get a taste of the NHL.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

NOOOOOOOO!!! He's NDG as an AHL veteran player either. The players you keep around for that duty (MUCH LESS CAPTAIN!!!) score about 1 ppg in the A. He's not going to make it as a NHL AHL player. Just not talented enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->