Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
We have done well against the Rangers this year. Time to get back to winning ways.

After watching them make Peters look like Lundqvist watch them chase Lundqvist from the net.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Back on the horse! Go get 'em Jets.

PS: a plea - I'm on the road, traveling tonight, and won't be able to do a GDT - can someone pick it up for tomorrow?

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I hate these games. Both teams that I love, both teams that can't afford to be losing points right now. Sigh....

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Winning this game puts us 6 up on the division ( depending on how Carolina does in there game ) and 5 points up on 8th place. Huge game! I love playing the rangers! Go Jets go!

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I hate these games. Both teams that I love, both teams that can't afford to be losing points right now. Sigh....

It's our turn to make the postseason, Rangers have made it all but one season since the lockout! :p:

I thought the doom and gloom was getting oppressive here, then I took a gander at the Rangers board. Yikes.

As long as Torts is behind their bench the Jets should always expect to beat the Rags.

I'm getting a feeling that Torts will be canned if they lose to the Jets tomorrow.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
It's our turn to make the postseason, Rangers have made it all but one season since the lockout! :p:

I thought the doom and gloom was getting oppressive here, then I took a gander at the Rangers board. Yikes.

Yeah, it's pretty bad over there.

I'm getting a feeling that Torts will be canned if they lose to the Jets tomorrow.

I don't know about that, we just get this feeling that Torts has some sort of immunity somehow.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
It's unfathomable with the talent they have from top to bottom to be performing the way they are.

Sean Avery may be a troll, but he was bang on with his tweet.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind

Technically... No one has made it since the lockout ;)

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I don't know about that, we just get this feeling that Torts has some sort of immunity somehow.

Maybe a free pass because of the shortened season? I can't imagine he'd still be employed if they were barely clinging to 8th in an 82 game season with 14 games to go.

Technically... No one has made it since the lockout ;)

Ha, touche. I'll forever refer to the big bad lockout of 2004-05 as "the lockout". Well, unless there's another season-ending lockout in my lifetime.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Pre-trip audio

Practice-300x177.jpg

Dustin Byfuglien – How is he feeling about his game (Describes it as a roller coaster). Does trade deadline impact mood of the team? What does this team have to do to maintain consistency and hold playoff spot? Reason why team hasn’t been consistent? Win or lose, being even keel. Something they are doing better this year than last? Going on the road.

Ron Hainsey – Talk about teams that are close to them in the standings. Are guys paying attention to trade deadline? Reason why he doesn’t like talking about it? Do they pay attention to the network trade deadline shows? Not getting too high or low after wins/losses. Did he think his goalless drought was going to end yesterday?

Ondrej Pavelec – Standings are tight, on them to control their own destiny. Is it good to have that sense of urgency? Keys to beating the Rangers? How often does he check out the standings? Does he look at other scores during the game?

Mark Stuart – Does he expect to return during this road trip? Does he feel ready? Mood of the team. Seeing the game from the press box, learning anything helpful?

To listen click here.

Coach-Noel-pre-trip-300x224.jpg

Coach Noel - Guys who weren’t on the ice were just for maintenance? Slater and Peluso are only guys not traveling. How close is Stuart? Does he get busier with trade deadline upcoming? Top line has been playing well but not scoring goals…concern? Does trade deadline impact the room? Dustin Byfuglien’s play. Expectations from the Rangers. Not getting too high or low after a win or loss – scheduling or maturing? Ends scrum talks about play of Pavelec.

To listen click here

Last edited:

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
I'm ready for a thrilling April. Let's hope we Fool the critics tomorrow.

Back on the horse! Go get 'em Jets.

PS: a plea - I'm on the road, traveling tonight, and won't be able to do a GDT - can someone pick it up for tomorrow?
This might be the worst GDT I'm going to throw together, but I'll take it up.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
If the firing is inevitable, I hope Torts doesn't get fired BEFORE the game.

If Byfug plays a little more urgent, we will win for sure.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I am expecting a big win tomorrow night. The game last night was stolen by brutal officiating. The Jets played absolutely awesome in the second period and had all the momentum. Tough when the refs call Buff for being bigger then someone and getting annoyed about having his stick held, Burmi getting called for throwing a hip check, and Wheels getting called for tapping someone on the back. The only legit penalty was to Clitsome, and that one would never have happened had all those other bad calls been made. I am certain we would have scored before the period was out, but the opportunity was taken away from us. A bad bounce off of Zack's skate put us in a deep hole early in the third, and then the boys just got caught trying too hard to make up a two goal deficit.

Bad bounces and bad officiating tends to even out. Big, big win tomorrow. Great opportunity to more than double up on the vCash as Rangers are showing as a pretty heavy favorite. How little they know in Vegas :nod:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The Jets alternate between making me a believer and dashing my hopes.

Hopes are currently dashed. This team has been pretty awful the past couple weeks. 2 disgusting losses to Washington, a win against Carolina that we can pretty much thank both goaltenders for, a lacklustre effort against Pittsburgh and a real disappointing start to a team we had to beat at home in the Hurricanes.

Nothing right now gives me any hope that we aren't in the middle of an epic choke. I sure hope guys like Byfuglien prove me wrong, but nothing I've seen from him lately has.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
We win and then Torts is fired after the game.

Not a chance, Torts has pictures of Sather hidden away somewhere. Plus I figure that Avery did Torts a favor with his tweet. If Sather was ready to axe Torts, he'd probably hold off a bit now because he wouldn't want to look like he was in any way following Avery's suggestion.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Not a chance, Torts has pictures of Sather hidden away somewhere. Plus I figure that Avery did Torts a favor with his tweet. If Sather was ready to axe Torts, he'd probably hold off a bit now because he wouldn't want to look like he was in any way following Avery's suggestion.

So what do you do? Hope for a high scoring overtime game?

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm really fearing a slide...
I hope we win, but honestly I'm expecting a loss.
I just lack confidence in the team right now.
I'm not one of those sky is falling types, I think I'm just preparing myself for the possibility we don't make the playoffs. That way if it happens I'm not put on suicide watch.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
So what do you do? Hope for a high scoring overtime game?

I cheer for whichever team is behind to score next, hoping it goes to OT. Once it's in OT, I can relax. Only bad part is, I don't think a single Rangers vs Jets game has gone to OT yet. :cry: High-scoring would be nice for a change. The Rangers haven't scored in over 2 games now. As a matter of fact, in the last 4 combined Rangers and Jets games I've watched, I've seen 1 total goal scored.

Excuse me while I go get something to drink.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
This is playing out like last year, all the teams that are above the line or have a chance to make the line have elevated their games. We have not!

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011

After the debacle that is the NYR, methinks that Sather is the guy that has pictures of Dolan or whomever hidden away after all these years :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad