Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We still hold the rights to Ivan Telegin :laugh: - and Ilya Nikulin. :laugh::laugh:

Nikulin is 39 and retired from hockey 2 years ago. Drafted by Atl in 2000. :laugh:
I think that the rights ought to expire when they retire. Will we still have his rights when he is in the grave? :laugh:

Telegin is not quite as bad. He is 29 and past his peak, but still breathing and still playing. :laugh:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We still hold the rights to Ivan Telegin :laugh: - and Ilya Nikulin. :laugh::laugh:

Nikulin is 39 and retired from hockey 2 years ago. Drafted by Atl in 2000. :laugh:
I think that the rights ought to expire when they retire. Will we still have his rights when he is in the grave? :laugh:

Telegin is not quite as bad. He is 29 and past his peak, but still breathing and still playing. :laugh:
Maybe one of his more talented children can fulfill his obligations.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Nikkanen and Lundmark.....any chance they come over to the Moose next year? Are the WJHC eligible?

Holm as well might be a possibility.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Nikkanen and Lundmark.....any chance they come over to the Moose next year? Are the WJHC eligible?

Lundmark is already signed so he will be there. He'll be 21 in October. Holm should be coming over. He'll be 23 by the end of the year. So it's now or never. Could see a Berdin/Holm tandem on the Moose, which will finally answer which is the better prospect. Nikkanen turned 20 in April, so he is past junior age, should be on the Moose. Wondering if Nathan Smith signs because he'll also be 23 by the end of the year. The one I am wondering about is Kraskovsky. Do the Jets bring him over, maybe him and Berdin join the Jets together?

If we were to re-rank our prospects after this season I wonder what changes.

It's probably

1. Perfetti
2. Heinola
3. Stanley
4. Vesalainen
5. Samberg
6. Gustafsson

And then...

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Lundmark is already signed so he will be there. He'll be 21 in October. Holm should be coming over. He'll be 23 by the end of the year. So it's now or never. Could see a Berdin/Holm tandem on the Moose, which will finally answer which is the better prospect. Nikkanen turned 20 in April, so he is past junior age, should be on the Moose. Wondering if Nathan Smith signs because he'll also be 23 by the end of the year. The one I am wondering about is Kraskovsky. Do the Jets bring him over, maybe him and Berdin join the Jets together?

It's probably

1. Perfetti
2. Heinola
3. Stanley
4. Vesalainen
5. Samberg
6. Gustafsson

And then...
7. Chisholm

Reactions: voyageur

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont

I hope so, get them acclimated to the ice size and Jets systems (hopefully new ones). I was really surprised they didn’t sign Virtanen

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011

Shhh. Don't tell Maurice.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010

It's probably

1. Perfetti
2. Heinola
3. Stanley
4. Vesalainen
5. Samberg
6. Gustafsson

And then...
I would have Kovacevic in there around 4 or 5. See what Aavcocup says about him :

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I would have Kovacevic in there around 4 or 5. See what Aavcocup says about him :

Interesting that the team didn't bring him up for the playoff run. Not that it means anything, because Veslainen wasn't on the Jets playoff roster last year. I had him ahead of Gawanke last year. But there's a player who has to move up the ladder soon, he's going to be 24 going into next season. He seems to be on the Poolman track to the NHL, so I'm not sure how high that would get him up the rankings. I'm really interested to see Simon Lundmark, he might be the best prospect we have at RD. Button had him ranked high last year. We haven't acquired enough Swedish fans on these boards to really know what his game entails.

P.S Interesting idea by Aavco. Samberg-Kovacevic as a 3rd pairing would be an experienced rookie pairing.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010

A while back, I identified Kovacevic as one of my "dark horse" prospects. I was underwhelmed with him at the beginning of his season with the Moose, but once he settled in he had an outstanding season. To me, he could be a Chiarot level D, but with better puck movement at the same stage.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
A while back, I identified Kovacevic as one of my "dark horse" prospects. I was underwhelmed with him at the beginning of his season with the Moose, but once he settled in he had an outstanding season. To me, he could be a Chiarot level D, but with better puck movement at the same stage.
Well that’s encouraging

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Interesting that the team didn't bring him up for the playoff run. Not that it means anything, because Veslainen wasn't on the Jets playoff roster last year. I had him ahead of Gawanke last year. But there's a player who has to move up the ladder soon, he's going to be 24 going into next season. He seems to be on the Poolman track to the NHL, so I'm not sure how high that would get him up the rankings. I'm really interested to see Simon Lundmark, he might be the best prospect we have at RD. Button had him ranked high last year. We haven't acquired enough Swedish fans on these boards to really know what his game entails.

P.S Interesting idea by Aavco. Samberg-Kovacevic as a 3rd pairing would be an experienced rookie pairing.

Kovacevic was injured at the end of the year so I believe health had something to do with this

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

It's probably

1. Perfetti
2. Heinola
3. Stanley
4. Vesalainen
5. Samberg
6. Gustafsson

And then...
Junior age is irrelevant for Nikkanen, he could have played for the Moose the year we drafted him if he wanted to. He just signed a 2 year deal with the Pelicans in Liiga so while that's not a guarantee he won't come over next season it's a pretty good sign that he'll remain in Finland.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Lucius 1C vs Torgersson 1LW today in U18 action

upload_2021-7-25_12-34-43.png

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Think that is actually a U20 Summer Showcase.

Wonder if the wings are backwards or do the Swedes play them on their offsides (just looking at Rosen/Torgensson).

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

Are any of those players gud glue guys?
:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad