Jets Prospects 2018-2019 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Heinola doing stuff...

Heinola finishes today's pre-season game with 1g / 1a. He now leads his team in pre-season scoring with 1g and 3a in 4 games.

Thanks or this -- really showcases his vision and anticipation, as well as his quickness and mobility -- and a nice wrister is the icing on the cake.

Reactions: hn777

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Thanks or this -- really showcases his vision and anticipation, as well as his quickness and mobility -- and a nice wrister is the icing on the cake.
Yes, that shot release was nice. Looked better than I remember his shot from last year.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Also, Santeri Virtanen in Liiga pre-season...

5 games: 3 goals, 2 assists (leads team), 59.6% CF
What’s his NHL future look like? Does he project as an NHLer? I guess the plan is to bring him to the Moose whenever the AHL resumes?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
What’s his NHL future look like? Does he project as an NHLer? I guess the plan is to bring him to the Moose whenever the AHL resumes?
I have my doubts about his NHL potential, but he might be taking a big step forward if he has been able to substantially improve his quickness. Still, he doesn't project beyond a bottom line player, in my view.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I have my doubts about his NHL potential, but he might be taking a big step forward if he has been able to substantially improve his quickness. Still, he doesn't project beyond a bottom line player, in my view.
4th round pick in a pretty shitty draft. Can’t expect too much I guess.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

The Moose could have a healthy Finnish contingent this year. He seems ready to make the jump. Might find himself behind Gus in the depth chart in no time.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
What do you think Kristian Reichel's chances are of making the NHL? Jets go into next year with Appleton being a full timer with the Jets. But they have very little depth at RW, we saw this with Logan Shaw becoming the first injury replacement at RW in the playins. Shaw might be back, but with no Nathan Smith, Reichel has a chance now to move up the depth playing on a two way contract this year.

I know he was one of the more consistent Moose last year. Finished the season on the top line with Vesalainen and Gustafsson, that Vincent thought clicked, and quite likely is where he starts the season.

He's the son of a former NHLer so he has the pedigree. Spacek got alot more attention, but I thought Reichel had a more well rounded game, and maybe like Harkins, has a breakout 3rd season as a pro.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
What do you think Kristian Reichel's chances are of making the NHL? Jets go into next year with Appleton being a full timer with the Jets. But they have very little depth at RW, we saw this with Logan Shaw becoming the first injury replacement at RW in the playins. Shaw might be back, but with no Nathan Smith, Reichel has a chance now to move up the depth playing on a two way contract this year.

I know he was one of the more consistent Moose last year. Finished the season on the top line with Vesalainen and Gustafsson, that Vincent thought clicked, and quite likely is where he starts the season.

He's the son of a former NHLer so he has the pedigree. Spacek got alot more attention, but I thought Reichel had a more well rounded game, and maybe like Harkins, has a breakout 3rd season as a pro.
I know management is really high on him and think he will be an NHLer, I have my doubts but I'd be happy to be wrong.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I know management is really high on him and think he will be an NHLer, I have my doubts but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Yes, I agree. He was very good last year -- and he was rarely bad, which is maybe as important. Maybe hits the Appleton level but not sure his upside is much higher than that. But he is quick, tenacious and has some skill, makes him a versatile player.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sounds like Berdins KHL rights were traded to SKA St. Petersburg. Rumour is he may sign with them to start the year with an out clause for when the Jets/Moose season gets started.

Reactions: GumbyCan2

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Sounds like Berdins KHL rights were traded to SKA St. Petersburg. Rumour is he may sign with them to start the year with an out clause for when the Jets/Moose season gets started.

Do players sign with out clauses in the K? I thought it was a rival league, so if he signed he'd be staying in Russia? Which would hurt us big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->