TSN: Jets' Petan 'on outside looking in'

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
The kid has potential but no chance in Winnipeg we’re just too deep he can’t get a extended sniff.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I know around the deadline his name was brought up possibly having a hard time cracking the Jets roster and could potentially move him. He is a bit smaller for a center but plays a good game.

I think because he is a potenital buy low guy, maybe Bergevin looks at him possibly as a center option. Bergevin did say he'd like the team to be faster and more skilled. This kind of addresses that while allowing him to play center which is a need.

If the rumors are true about rebuilding, the Habs will go through some pain. Why not give him a shot on a 2yr cheap contract and see what he can do. Worse comes to worse he probably sees 4th line if he can't contribute.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The kid has potential but no chance in Winnipeg we’re just too deep he can’t get a extended sniff.
I was gonna ask why he would want out but that makes sense. At a PPG in the AHL you would assume he's ready for his shot at top 9 minutes in the NHL.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I was gonna ask why he would want out but that makes sense. At a PPG in the AHL you would assume he's ready for his shot at top 9 minutes in the NHL.

Yup, just no chance in Winnipeg we’re too deep. He will be a decent 3rd liner who gets some PP time on some team

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Yup, just no chance in Winnipeg we’re too deep. He will be a decent 3rd liner who gets some PP time on some team
Is he a pretty fast skater? A Petan-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand line would be a extremely skilled line if they had any chemistry together.

Reactions: CBJFan827

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
In a perfect world he'd be part of a larger package, not even really sure what I'd like in return; futures, defensive depth (most likely), cap space if Stastny wants to resign...

Either way he's got some talent but just won't be able to crack the Jets.

For those asking he looks like he's going to be a winger at this level although he has played a little C, would call him a winger who could maybe fill in the middle in a pinch

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Buffalo need's this guy ! along with a lot of other things lol

what would be the cost

I've had a rough time putting a value on him for the past 12-18 months.

He's a former 2nd rounder who's developed very well, is now putting up PPG in the AHL but hasn't had his numbers translate when called up but was never given a chance outside of 4th line duties. Skilled but undersized winger. Still young (22 or 23)....

I think he'd be more valuable as an addition to a deal rather than as a 1:1 swap for a player/prospect/pick. I guess if a team has a young RHD in a similar position that is looking for a change of scenery that would be a solid 1:1 base...

So in conclusion I'm all over the map on him lol

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
So your adding him in to the Trouba to Toronto deal then?:naughty:

Sounds good AM for Trouba & Petan? :laugh:

Being serious now, could see Petan & 2nd traded for a late 1st rd pick or something or Petan for a D prospect if someone was deep in them but weak up front. I just don’t see the Jets trading him straight up for a pick and he’s not worth a 1st by himself.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Petan will be one of those guys that goes somewhere else and puts up 40 or 50 points. That’s my prediction.

Sadly the Jets will get nowhere near that value for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad