GDT: Jets @ Panthers (/Helsinki) 1:00 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
So far the jersey poll seems to be about 9-1 favoring the Jets + my Thrashers jersey that I wear until the game starts just to honour the history and the decade of agony :(. Shall lose it before the game starts though, too much of a resemblence to Panthers colours :nod: (got the Jets hoodie underneath ready).

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Back of my mind I sense a Oiler comeback vs our Jets tonight. We should win this easy but PoMo and the take the rest of the dayov Jets will fold in the 3rd.... hope not.

Feels like a "lets try things exhibition game" today.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Barkov and Laine are two of the 40 players (33 skaters, seven goalies) from Finland who have played in an NHL game this season. In all, 216 players (185 skaters, 31 goalies) born in Finland have played in at least one NHL regular-season or Stanley Cup Playoff game.

5 players born in Finland have played for the Jets 2.0
8 players born in Finland have played for the Jets 1.0

Last edited:

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Barkov and Laine are two of the 40 players (33 skaters, seven goalies) from Finland who have played in an NHL game this season. In all, 216 players (185 skaters, 31 goalies) born in Finland have played in at least one NHL regular-season or Stanley Cup Playoff game.

Mittens and four other guys.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Nervous for this one.
Hoping for a monster game but know that these special attraction games haven’t been the kindest to us.

A 3-goal performance from the top line would go a long way to securing the W

Laine with a cherry on top

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I'm on the west coast right now because of business, so basically I'm working while the game is on... :(

Hopefully I can catch some action around lunch.

But Maurice turning Laine into a power forward? That's not necessarily part of his game, he throws the good odd hit, but he is more of an offensive contributor and producer.

The explanation was clear and none had to do with him becoming a power forward.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

If we go to WHA days of 1.0 Jets we find two Finns: Heikki Riihiranta and Veli-Pekka Ketola, whom both are considered legendary, pioneering figures in Finnish hockey, particularly for their role as prospectors for opening gates at North America to Finnish hockey players following their trails.

Finnish "Art Ross" is named after Ketola: Veli-Pekka Ketola trophy - Wikipedia

Both of them won Avro Cup 1976. Both of them are inducted to The Finnish Hockey Hall of Fame.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Hope playing in Finland has the boys dancing on the ice.
iGYXnrE.gif

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
It would be cool if every Jets telecast had a studio host/studio analyst. It makes it feel like a more professional broadcast IMO

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Watching the Finnish broadcast. I don't get why some NA posters are so concerned about whether their own commentators pronounce names spot on correctly or not. I'm used to hearing "Teemu Salami" for 25 years and it's nothing compared to how Finnish commentators and TV hosts are butchering non-Finnish names. :laugh::help:

Antti Mäkinen is a great PBP guy, though, so this will do.

Game on, Go Jets Go!

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan

Actually, 6 players for 2.0
Laine
Vesalainen
Niku
Armia
Jokinen
Meittinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad