Salary Cap: Jets Organizational Chart

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
About picks..

I'm pretty sure that we won't be signing Leveille, so that gives us 59th overall pick next year, making it to three 2nd rounders for us. A good draft ahead.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Maybe I'm blind... But Poni, Joki an Montoya... Unless this is only 2012 stuff.

Wow, yeah I meant to add them all but when I finished the older players updates I forgoted to update the new players...I will do it now\

EDIT: Ok new signings are now updated.

About picks..

I'm pretty sure that we won't be signing Leveille, so that gives us 59th overall pick next year, making it to three 2nd rounders for us. A good draft ahead.

Well I agree that this is almost completely the 99% likely scenario, I will not update this until everthing about that is confirmed.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
First off, thanks for the work Holden. Can we say that the Jets are done signing players now that aren't already a part of the organization?

If we go by one way contacts, which the Jets said they would honour last year our lineup looks something like this:

Kane-Jokinen-Wheeler
Ladd-Little-Wellwood
Ponikarovsky-Antropov-Burmistrov
Machacek-Slater-Thorburn

Enstrom-Bogosian
Hainsey/Stuart-Byfuglien
Stuart/Hainsey-Postma

Pavelec
Montoya

Miettenen, Gagnon, Clitsome also competing for ice time

I think there might be another player to add to this list, I would expect if the NHLPA makes any concession on revenues, they will add jobs as compensation. Really a 24 player roster makes more sense anyways in terms of roster depth. Might make room for Mark Flood, who is an organizational vet, a player with the confidence of his coach, and maybe a reliable alternative to Postma.

In St. John's we could see

Telegin-O'Dell-J. King
Maxwell-Cormier-Klingberg
Gregoire-Albert-K.Clark
Tremblay-(Macenauer)-???

Melchiori-Meech
(Festerling)-Redmond
O'Neill-Ramsey

Pasquale
Derkanich

Chiarot/Sol/Marto competing for roster spots, Shayne Wiebe, and Ryan Schnell too.

It is worth mentioning that King, Albert, Clark, Tremblay, Wiebe, Ramsey, Marto, and Schnell are all signed to AHL contracts. Furthermore King, Maxwell, Meech, and Festerling are all considered veterans by AHL standards (260 pro games, excluding ECHL) which has a limit of 6 per playing roster. Maxwell, Meech, and Festerling would all have to clear waivers before their assignment.

I don't believe Festerling or Macenauer are signed yet but both were tended qualifying offers, so they may figure into True North's plans...Jason Jaffray should get a contract too, conceivably, as he had been extremely loyal to the organization.

I think if we are going to add any more players it is probably by subtracting another at this point...

If you see any mistakes, please correct.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think it's time for an update on a few things, including:
Enstrom no longer UFA in 2013
Our extra pick for 2012 draft
etc

yeah yeah yeah :laugh:. Been busy with school/doesn't matter much with no CBA.

Updated all contracts, added the pick, removed Leveille.
Lots of this will be waiting on the new CBA, no guarantee we even get that pick.

I will update ages/where players are at/dates and info on the re-signings hopefully this week sometime.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
yeah yeah yeah :laugh:. Been busy with school/doesn't matter much with no CBA.

Updated all contracts, added the pick, removed Leveille.
Lots of this will be waiting on the new CBA, no guarantee we even get that pick.

I will update ages/where players are at/dates and info on the re-signings hopefully this week sometime.

Ya.... I know... I'm just distracting myself from all the school work I have. :laugh:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Updated.

All the ages are updated to December 12th.

Moved some guys around the leagues they are in (Lane, Kasdorf, Hellyebuck, Phillips, Cisse, etc)

Added some notes on player rights, particularly when the Jets lose the rights to certain players. Note that this is for the CBA which expired last September. The loophole (Schultz/Wheeler college loophole) which would allow Kasdorf and Lane to become UFA should be closed in the new CBA.

Also added a list of players that are not Jets property, but are signed with the St. John's IceCaps. They are all NHL UFA's, can sign an NHL deal with any team at any time (well once we have a CBA that is).

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Updated.

Moved some guys around the leagues they are in (Lane, Kasdorf, Hellyebuck, Phillips, Cisse, etc)

Added some notes on player rights, particularly when the Jets lose the rights to certain players. Note that this is for the CBA which expired last September. The loophole (Schultz/Wheeler college loophole) which would allow Kasdorf and Lane to become UFA should be closed in the new CBA.

Also added a list of players that are not Jets property, but are signed with the St. John's IceCaps. They are all NHL UFA's, can sign an NHL deal with any team at any time (well once we have a CBA that is).

Do we actually know they are closing this loophole?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Do we actually know they are closing this loophole?

Technically, no. It's possible they leave this open. (Which is why I have updated this thing with the current info :D)

The only real difference (if they do close it) is that Kasdorf or Lane (or any player which players junior in between being drafted and starting NCAA) would then have to wait until post graduation until becoming UFA, just like NCAA players who go to school straight from being drafted (or are already in college).

Last edited:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Updated.

Is Bogo listed in the original list? As a 2013 RFA?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
smallest of typos, but under 2013 FA's, Mittens is missing an "n".

Also, I remember when Telegin was 6'4". Last year he was 6'3". Now he's 6'2". I've heard of degenerative cartilage, but this is ridiculous!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Minor updating of adding Wright, Peluso and Jaffray, cap calculations, player movement, etc

My re-signings/acquistion lists still need updating, will try to get to it soon.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
So we're at just under $59m right now with the cap going to $64m next year.

I wouldn't be shocked if $58-60m is right where TN wants to be relative to the ceiling. It should make for an interesting offseason. Little, Wheeler, and Bogo are all due for substantial raises. I'm not sure if Antro and Hainsey can fund those with pay cuts - they might have to be replaced by minimum (or rookie level) guys, like Cormier and Kulda. Or TN gets creative and makes some significant moves.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=63770063&postcount=306

According to this we have to sign JST by August 15th or we lose his rights.

or:

Goggin (Boston), Marshall (Tampa) and Samuels-Thomas (Winnipeg) started to play college hockey 4 years ago, however they missed an entire season (2 in Goggin's case) for various reasons. They might still have NCAA eligibility thus their respective teams might be able to hold on their rights for one more season.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=63770063&postcount=306

According to this we have to sign JST by August 15th or we lose his rights.

or:

Not sure how that works. It also says:
*Goggin (Boston), Marshall (Tampa) and Samuels-Thomas (Winnipeg) started to play college hockey 4 years ago, however they missed an entire season (2 in Goggin's case) for various reasons. They might still have NCAA eligibility thus their respective teams might be able to hold on their rights for one more season.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Lowry signed. Only RW Austen Brassard and D Zach Yuen left to sign for June 1st until we lose their rights. Also lose the rights to RW Vinny Saponari on August 15th this year.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Lowry signed. Only RW Austen Brassard and D Zach Yuen left to sign for June 1st until we lose their rights. Also lose the rights to RW Vinny Saponari on August 15th this year.
Gotta think Yuen is a lock.

Saps is looking good too.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Brassard. His season was a bit of a disappointment, but TNSE may still wanna pump a few more of their draft picks into the system. Doesn't look like much more than a depth player, but those are a long term need too I guess.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Upon further review, I can determined that C Ben Maxwell is in fact a UFA not a RFA this off-season. He qualifies for Group VI UFA free agency. It's possible that D Arturs Kulda also qualifies, I am looking into that now.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Updated with the finalized draft picks for the Jets.

They hold the following 10 selections in 2013 draft as of now

1 - 13 - Wpg 1st
2 - 43 - Wpg 2nd
2 - 59 - Compensatory
2 - 61 - Chi 2nd
3 - 74 - Wpg 3rd
3 - 91 - Chi 3rd
4 - 104 - Wpg 4th
5 - 134 - Wpg 5th
6 - 164 - Wpg 6th
7 - 190 - Njd 7th

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Updated with the finalized draft picks for the Jets.

They hold the following 10 selections in 2013 draft as of now

1 - 13 - Wpg 1st
2 - 43 - Wpg 2nd
2 - 59 - Compensatory
2 - 61 - Chi 2nd
3 - 74 - Wpg 3rd
3 - 91 - Chi 3rd
4 - 104 - Wpg 4th
5 - 134 - Wpg 5th
6 - 164 - Wpg 6th
7 - 190 - Njd 7th

I think the Penguins have that 6th round pick now for Tangradi, and the Jets now have their own 7th, due to no. of games played by Tangradi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad