News: Jets open to moving First round pick 2020 per, GM Cheveldayoff

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Would Jets have any interest in Manson from the Ducks for that first? I may get crucified for offering Manson. But I believe in this draft whole heartedly. That spot can get someone who I really am high on.

Is he off hurt still?

But to you point, Mason is the type of asset or younger the Jets would have interest in. Just no UFA rental types.

PS: I don't think Ducks fans would agree to a 1st for Mason, just my opinion.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Jets clearly got a top 4 D in this last draft (at 20th OA) that isn't as good as this draft is going to be. So the pick has some decent value, considering it's likely better then 20th pick this year. So anything coming back needs to be a young talent and/or have some decent term.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Is he off hurt still?

But to you point, Mason is the type of asset or younger the Jets would have interest in. Just no UFA rental types.

PS: I don't think Ducks fans would agree to a 1st for Mason, just my opinion.

Of course they won’t. Outside of me and a few Duck fans on this board. We disagreed with Carlyle being the issue last season why the team sucked. Ducks got a new coach. And the team still sucks. No excuses now. This team needs some drastic changes. So I’ll take that first and start a rebuild with our first.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Jets clearly got a top 4 D in this last draft (at 20th OA) that isn't as good as this draft is going to be. So the pick has some decent value, considering it's likely better then 20th pick this year. So anything coming back needs to be a young talent and/or have some decent term.

No team is trading young talent with term for a 1st. If a 1st is being exchanged, its for a rental player or player with another year on his contract from a seller. I don't see the Jets doing that given that they are more than 1 or 2 players away from competing.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Don’t you find it a little bit weird that we have a GM talking about moving it’s first barely half way through the season. While we’re not even close to deadline yet.

Makes me think IMO Jets would strongly consider moving it in the next few weeks. I mean he was open to talking about it. Normally GMs will turn down that conversation if it wasn’t on there mind.
If conditionis were right, any GM would be open to moving their first...

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
No team is trading young talent with term for a 1st. If a 1st is being exchanged, its for a rental player or player with another year on his contract from a seller. I don't see the Jets doing that given that they are more than 1 or 2 players away from competing.

I disagree with that. Andersen for example had term and was young. Anaheim got a first for em. Not sure why you would post that.

Edit: If I recall Andersen had a few years remaining.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I disagree with that. Andersen for example had term and was young. Anaheim got a first for em. Not sure why you would post that.

Edit: If I recall Andersen had a few years remaining.

Andersen was 26 when that trade was made.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
21 to 24.

Would you offer a 1st for Armia?

From the Ducks point of view? We aren’t offering crap. We’re acquiring picks if anything else, and selling. This team is in rebuild mode. We gotta compete with the Kings and Sharks at this point on rebuild mode. It’s basically a sinking ship and a scramble on deck scenario.

You don’t understand the pacific division very well. It’s always competitive. And three California teams look to be missing the playoffs this season. So it’s basically who’s gonna rebuild the fastest with legit longevity.

Its a fricken arms race over here bud.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Can the Rangers help?
giphy.gif

fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

No of course no one would trade a top 4 D who is young for only a first.....no one is suggesting that. The thread is about the possibility of the Jets trading away their 1st Rd pick in a trade. My post was aimed yeh it's possible for a younger asset with term......never suggested it would be straight up trade. First Rd pick for a rental I agree makes zero sense......it's actually a silly idea knowing the state of the team.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I think I've heard Skjei's name come up a couple times by NYR fans. Why are you willing to part from him for a likely non-top-10 first rounder? He's a youngish D signed through his prime that seems to be able to produce 5v5, seems to be a serviceable top 4 D and is paid like one. Being a rebuilding team, NYR are not pushing the cap limit either so I doubt his contract is all that problematic.
He seems a bit lost right now but so does most of our defense. Defensive coach is awful. AHL team is better organized at this point. We still need more prospects and staal isn’t going anywhere. We’re not a playoff team yet.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Would Jets have any interest in Manson from the Ducks for that first? I may get crucified for offering Manson. But I believe in this draft whole heartedly. That spot can get someone who I really am high on.
I was interested in Manson, but i havent followed him since teh 17-18 season (and prior) when he had a solid year offensively. However, that looks to have been a career outlier. What's the deal with his play these days?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I was interested in Manson, but i havent followed him since teh 17-18 season (and prior) when he had a solid year offensively. However, that looks to have been a career outlier. What's the deal with his play these days?

The teams garbage. I mean look at Anaheim’s goals for. It’s second to last in the league. Last season Anaheim WAS last in the league. The goals allowed isn’t bad. And it’s mainly because of Manson and Lindholm. Manson is young, right hand defense. And plays gritty. He plays a chippy defense which works well in the western conference. Kid can also back check, and his skating is pretty damn phenomenal imo. And the dude can complete his checks. Which is a good thing. His passing ability imo? Are pretty damn accurate. He can break out pass no problem. The shot is meh? But the break out passing transition is good to your top 6.

But back to your point. If that pick was in 10-15?? Anaheim should be calling. Just the team needs a rebuild. New coach, team still sucks ass, always last in the league on goals for. And you got Kings and Sharks on our tails for a rebuild as well. That’s why a Kings fan posted for your first rounder a few pages ago. Anaheim needs to find a deal here for an extra pick in that range.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->