GDT: Jets @ Oilers | Tue Oct 1 | 9PM | Rexall Place | "Hockey's Back"

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yeah I read that, sounds like a contender for Canada's most interesting man.

ov0b8.jpg

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
I know this is probably stepping beyond the bounderies of just being a regular poster around here. so I will take the wrath as required, but I am pleading on behalf of all the posters new and old on this Jets board can we all please stay out of other teams GDT's and PGT's.
Or at the very least not, post about it here.
Last year had nights turn very ugly and I am sure the mod's were ready to explode with the crap that was happening (just look what happened in the pre game thread yesterday), and it doesnt make these threads very enjoyable to read.
It has been bad enough with allot of people from our own board (myself included) sniping each other in recent weeks!

Lets try and enjoy this thread! Especially when the Jets win 5-0 tonight ;)

oh yeah I forgot

[glow=blue]GO :jets GO[/glow]

I think the bigger more important question is when is the homie KingWoodballs making a comeback.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I know this is probably stepping beyond the bounderies of just being a regular poster around here. so I will take the wrath as required, but I am pleading on behalf of all the posters new and old on this Jets board can we all please stay out of other teams GDT's and PGT's.
Last year had nights turn very ugly and I am sure the mod's were ready to explode with the crap that was happening (just look what happened in the pre game thread yesterday), and it doesnt make these threads very enjoyable to read.
It has been bad enough with allot of people from our own board (myself included) sniping each other in recent weeks!

oh yeah I forgot

Yeah at most, I might drop in to say 'good luck' pre-game. Post-game, win or lose, say nothing. Not even the 'your team played good, nice try' consolation. Even consolations sting sometimes.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Looking forward to watch the first regular season game for the 2013-14 rookie of the year. Number 8.

Also looking forward to the Jets giving the Oilers a major spanking tonight.

Jets 4-2.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd happily take either one. If I was placing a bet though - it would be with Trouba.

I'd go with Mark.
Better position to succeed. Playing with Kane he should rack up points.
Mark us also more physically mature so I think he can hold up better over 82 games.

Either way, good problem to have.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I wouldnt. Last defenseman to win calder was barrett jackman and thats only since no forward gad above 40 points that year.

IIRC Tyler Myers Buffalo Defense won the Calder in 2010?

Quick count has 10 D'man have won the Calder. Not out the realm of possible, but a defense has to have a pretty spectacular year to win the calder over a forward.

I'll be happy if Trouba finishes the season with a few points and a plus rating.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I wouldnt. Last defenseman to win calder was barrett jackman and thats only since no forward gad above 40 points that year.

Trouba already has the media hype behind him though, so if he does have a spectacular year, he'll probably be recognized for it. Unlike a guy like Brodin, who came out of no where and a lot of people didn't watch much.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

oh yeah I forgot

Quoted for TRUTH!!!!

IIRC Tyler Myers Buffalo Defense won the Calder in 2010?

Quick count has 10 D'man have won the Calder. Not out the realm of possible, but a defense has to have a pretty spectacular year to win the calder over a forward.

I'll be happy if Trouba finishes the season with a few points and a plus rating.

Yeah, Myers won it. Trouba would have to beat a lot of odds to win it and we would have guys go down with injury. So unless you're hoping we miss the playoffs again, I'd rather Trouba not be in a position where he can win it. lol

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
AFAIC the push for the playoffs starts now. The 'must win' games start now. The playoffs, start now. Push hard out of the gate, and never stop. Game 1 of 82 should be played like it was Game 7 of 7. History is made now!

Go Jets Go!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad