Proposal: Jets/NYI

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Jets Receive:

Pulock, Wilde, 2019 2nd Round Pick

• Jets get a replacement player for Trouba now and long term, they also strengthen up the RHD in organizational prospect depth with Wilde and get a more than likely early 2nd Round pick.

Islanders Receive:

Trouba, 2019 2nd Round Pick

• Islanders get a Right hand shot 1st Pairing Defensemen that can play any game at a high and upper echelon level(he can be a Shutdown D-man, he can be that high end scorer from the back end, he can be anything he needs to be to win), he will help them win now from a position of need.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Jets Receive:

• Jets get a replacement player for Trouba now and long term, they also strengthen up the RHD in organizational prospect depth with Wilde and get a more than likely early 2nd Round pick.

Islanders Receive:

• Islanders get a Right hand shot 1st Pairing Defensemen that can play any game at a high and upper echelon level(he can be a Shutdown D-man, he can be that high end scorer from the back end, he can be anything he needs to be to win), he will help them win now from a position of need.

Remove the pick from Winnipeg.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Jets Receive:

Islanders Receive:

I am only interested in Trouba if he comes to LI on a 5-7 yr deal.
No interest in trading top youngsters for 2 yrs of Trouba, as if the isles were serious cup contenders and he the last piece to pushing them over the finish line

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I am only interested in Trouba if he comes to LI on a 5-7 yr deal.
No interest in trading top youngsters for 2 yrs of Trouba, as if the isles were serious cup contenders and he the last piece to pushing them over the finish line

Yup totally fair considering Trouba’s contract situation and history. I don’t see any team trading top dollar return for him without first talking to the agent to see what a long term deal would look like and if he’ll sign with them.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
If Trouba doesn't want to stay in Peg, who has finally become a rising team in the NHL, why would he want to be on LI who just lost JT and will be rebuilding for the next several years? I believe this likely makes LI one of the most undesirable spots to play in.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Trouba is only in it for the money. He's complained far too many times and all complaints were coming out of selfish reasons.

I don't like his character... From a purely talent side of things...I don't see him as that much better than Pulock...but we'll see. Too tough to evaluate until both have 4-5 seasons under their belts..then stack them up side by side.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Why are Winnipeg adding? No pick from Winnipeg, change NYI 2nd to 1st. Actually, nah, nvm, still don't wanna.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I have nothing but disdain for the Winnipeg Jets, and even then, I think you'd have to get Noah Dobson back in a Jacob Trouba trade.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'd love Trouba, but I don't want to trade Pulock and Wilde for him.

The Isles have Pulock, Boychuk, Mayfield, and LHD's like Pelech that can play their off side at the NHL level. Dobson and Wilde needing development time. Even Burroughs in the AHL. The RD group is significantly more promising than the LD group.

Pass on Trouba, let him go home to Detroit in 2 years or earlier.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
What is this obsession with Pulock as if he is comparable to Trouba in anyway? Only 7 months younger than Trouba with only 84 NHL games total?

Yikes

Reactions: Snowman

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
What is this obsession with Pulock as if he is comparable to Trouba in anyway? Only 7 months younger than Trouba with only 84 NHL games total?

Yikes
Why is it yikes? He developed very well, just because Trouba made the jump right away doesn't mean Pulock is bad in any way. He also had to deal with injuries as well.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Yikes

Pulock had 32 pts in his rookie season, while getting no 1st pp time and ended the season as the isles best blueliner.

He looks ready to take on a larger role this season

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Why is it yikes? He developed very well, just because Trouba made the jump right away doesn't mean Pulock is bad in any way. He also had to deal with injuries as well.
Because to pretend like these players have similar valuable is cringeworthy. One is a proven top pairing Dman and has played that spot for 4 years. One is barely even a proven NHL player at the same age

Reactions: Snowman

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Because to pretend like these players have similar valuable is cringeworthy. One is a proven top pairing Dman and has played that spot for 4 years. One is barely even a proven NHL player at the same age
Barely even a proven NHL player? You really need to stress your point that much you need to break down Pulock?

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What is cringeworthy is moving top youngsters for 2 guaranteed seasons of Trouba.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The Isles have Pulock, Boychuk, Mayfield, and LHD's like Pelech that can play their off side at the NHL level. Dobson and Wilde needing development time. Even Burroughs in the AHL. The RD group is significantly more promising than the LD group.

Pass on Trouba, let him go home to Detroit in 2 years or earlier.
You can't forget LHD Toews who's also in the mix with those names. He's slotted for the big club and played phenomenal last season (was supposed to be called up over Aho) until he went down with the season ending surgery. They have some solid pieces but unfortunately Boychuk, Leddy and Hickey limit space for the other guys on the bubble to get a shot at the moment. Hopefully Boychuk or Leddy can be moved out for a younger option in the next year or one of them can be taken by Seattle in the draft.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

"I don't watch Islanders hockey and haven't followed Ryan Pulock but still have a very strong opinion on how mediocre he is."

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I think that if there is a deal to be made with NYI and WPG it would be around Leddy + for Trouba. Leddy is a legit NHL puck mover in the cap hit price range and term that WPG is looking for. He's only 27, has plenty of years left and, even though his play has declined a bit, I think allowing him to move into a 3-4 position with more support would help fix that, rather than having to be a #1. Isles should be in some sort of re-tool and shaving 3 years off of the team's top pairing would be beneficial.

For WPG, they get the price and term they want and get a top 4 on the left side instead of the jam up at RD. They're in win mode for the next few seasons and Leddy still plenty young to be effective in all of those years.

I'm not sure what the + would be for the 3 year difference in age. I doubt it would be on the level of Dobson and definitely not Pulock. I think Isles would have to be negotiating with Trouba's agent right now to see if there is a long term fit, before arbitration is settled.

No rumors or anything, just my speculation when I look at the two teams.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think that if there is a deal to be made with NYI and WPG it would be around Leddy + for Trouba. Leddy is a legit NHL puck mover in the cap hit price range and term that WPG is looking for. He's only 27, has plenty of years left and, even though his play has declined a bit, I think allowing him to move into a 3-4 position with more support would help fix that, rather than having to be a #1. Isles should be in some sort of re-tool and shaving 3 years off of the team's top pairing would be beneficial.

For WPG, they get the price and term they want and get a top 4 on the left side instead of the jam up at RD. They're in win mode for the next few seasons and Leddy still plenty young to be effective in all of those years.

I'm not sure what the + would be for the 3 year difference in age. I doubt it would be on the level of Dobson and definitely not Pulock. I think Isles would have to be negotiating with Trouba's agent right now to see if there is a long term fit, before arbitration is settled.

No rumors or anything, just my speculation when I look at the two teams.
Interesting suggestion.

I have not soured on Leddy. 2 seasons ago the isles top 4 was Leddy,Boychuk Hamonic and CDH.

Last season Hamonic was gone in a trade , CDH missed half the season and Boychuk missed 18 games.
Not surprisingly Leddy was overworked and struggled.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I’d rather move Dobson than Pulock for Trouba, but I doubt Lou is interested in moving Dobson.

Leddy-Trouba
Hickey-Pulock
Pelech-Boychuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->