Speculation: Jets need of a top right defense

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Based on over 60% of HFB Jets fans (poll on our board) having no interest giving up a 1st Rd pick or similar value this year to get D help.....many will not love this thread idea. Only guy I've seen mentioned in this thread I would have any interest in is Manson, but wonder why he's only played 3 games. Plus still the problem of expansion and I'm one of those voters who has no interest in giving up a 1st Rd pick or similar value.....so unless it's one of the COVID cheap trades we saw during the offseason I would hard pass on any trade.

This. Unless it's a more long term fix, it would be stupid for the Jets to spend a 1st or top prospects. And there is also Heinola and Samberg ready to play in the NHL soon.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
No GM, Chevy included, is going to let the possibility of losing a DeMelo level player get in the way of acquiring a top-pairing RHD. His rental value was a 3rd and he signed for $3 mil; the league doesn’t value him highly. There are reasons why this probably won’t happen, from acquisition cost to general availability, but this is not one.

Especially in a year where there's an easy path to the conference finals.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Why do Rangers fans think Deangelo has ANY value?

He has negative value. Like Josh Ho-Sang. He's toast

Ho-Sang doesn't have a 4.8M contract. The Rangers are lucky he's young, it'll save them half the buy-out next off season. Honestly they're probably best off just doing that rather than paying to dump him which is probably the alternative.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
If we trade for a top RHD, it just screws us for expansion and we'll end up losing a better player. We already have Morrissey, Pionk and arguably DeMelo (as bad as he's been lately), so giving up an asset for another D-man that requires protection guarantees we lose a half-decent defenseman anyway. That's poor asset management.
I mean those 3 are a lot weaker than the defensemen basically every other team are protecting. You have to lose someone

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If we trade for a top RHD, it just screws us for expansion and we'll end up losing a better player. We already have Morrissey, Pionk and arguably DeMelo (as bad as he's been lately), so giving up an asset for another D-man that requires protection guarantees we lose a half-decent defenseman anyway. That's poor asset management.

Is losing DeMelo instead of Stanley or Copp that different? You know the Jets are losing someone, right?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
If the Jets even think twice of improving that D in fear of losing Demelo, Chevy should be canned on the spot.

That team is a top pair RHD away from being able to win it all. I'm not sure where this Demelo love came from. Winnipeg fans saying 'although he hasn't played that well lately.' I would say the real anomaly was last year him looking competant for a stretch in the top four. Guy is a number five D man on a strong playoff team.

Reactions: Classic16

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
A 1st+? Loved Trouba here but that contract is bad.
I am of the opinion that JMo and JT miss playing with each other. They had a really good chemistry. I know there is no chance in hell of him coming back here.

Reactions: DRW204

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad