NFL: Jets name Adam Gase HC

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You have no idea what you're talking about as usual. The leagues 4 best offenses are in the final four. Guess stats do win games.

And in years defenses have been there. Players win games. The league changes, just like with conference domination.

Saints offense has sputtered the 2nd half, stats are just padded. You fantasy yuppies just eat up stats now. This is why football is losing it's popularity, it's becoming fantasy, well that and the officiating and penalty calls are horrendous. The game is lacking masculinity.

Brees and Brady are atleast among the best in the QBs out there discussion. Mahomes doesn't have enough body of work to know if this is just a fluke year, lack of film or what have you.

Everyone is ass obsessed in yards. It's not about stats, it's efficiency. If stats mattered with the offense Big ben put up the Steelers would have went undefeated.

The Patriots wouldn't be here without a bye. Should I really be impressed with them? There were weeks when they struggled doing anything, especially on the road. Then they had games like KC and home against the Jets and others where they scored at will. Jeckle and hyde. You can definitely pad stats in this league in games to make up for others. KC lost every game this year by giving up over 30, so should I care that because their D is awful they scored a lot. Football has such a small sample size and the margin of error or difference between where these are and no playoffs isn't much. It doesn't work out this way every year f***ing genius. By the way if you know everything about football why don't you have a career in it instead of just posting on a message board?

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Jim Caldwell is a better coach. Gase also brings a terrible OC in Loggains. Now add in some Gregg Williams and you have the potential for fireworks.

Jim Caldwell?
No way. This Jets team needs a QB whisperer plus they were so undisciplined under Bowles. We need a non players coach who doesn't deal with the nonsense.
I'm Not so high on Gase at the moment. Thought McCarthy could have been the guy but not too upset he isn't.
Unfortunately for the Jets the pickings were slim.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Jim Caldwell is a better coach. Gase also brings a terrible OC in Loggains. Now add in some Gregg Williams and you have the potential for fireworks.

Jim Caldwell?
No friggin way.
Not so high on Gase at the moment. Thought McCarthy could have been the guy but not too upset he isn't.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
And in years defenses have been there. Players win games. The league changes, just like with conference domination.

Saints offense has sputtered the 2nd half, stats are just padded. You fantasy yuppies just eat up stats now. This is why football is losing it's popularity, it's becoming fantasy, well that and the officiating and penalty calls are horrendous. The game is lacking masculinity.

Brees and Brady are atleast among the best in the QBs out there discussion. Mahomes doesn't have enough body of work to know if this is just a fluke year, lack of film or what have you.

Everyone is ass obsessed in yards. It's not about stats, it's efficiency. If stats mattered with the offense Big ben put up the Steelers would have went undefeated.

The Patriots wouldn't be here without a bye. Should I really be impressed with them? There were weeks when they struggled doing anything, especially on the road. Then they had games like KC and home against the Jets and others where they scored at will. Jeckle and hyde. You can definitely pad stats in this league in games to make up for others. KC lost every game this year by giving up over 30, so should I care that because their D is awful they scored a lot. Football has such a small sample size and the margin of error or difference between where these are and no playoffs isn't much. It doesn't work out this way every year ****ing genius. By the way if you know everything about football why don't you have a career in it instead of just posting on a message board?
Biggest bullshit statement I've seen in a long time, fantasy is one of the main reasons football is the most popular sport in North America and gaining popularity once again despite what Trump and his cronies say.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Biggest bull**** statement I've seen in a long time, fantasy is one of the main reasons football is the most popular sport in North America and gaining popularity once again despite what Trump and his cronies say.

Attendances in house are actually down the past few years.

I don't get today's youth. They are lazy and usually just play Madden. 15-20 years ago when people like me were double digits we played Madden but understood it wasn't realistic because we either played the game outside for fun or structured on a team. Now that youth participation has plummeted through fear mongering people think Madden is real. The rule changes have helped with that perception. Yet the play were talking about today most on here wouldn't be willing to take that hit.

Football's popularity is that its once a week, at a certain time on a certain station. No other sport has that. They have 80+ games at random times on random channels. They all have fantasy and have for years. They've all altered the rules in a way or another to promote offense but no league is as glaring at it as the NFL. They've mostly eliminated defense.

All fantasy does it make the weak dude out there who know they can't play feel like they can play. It's a nerds game.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Attendances in house are actually down the past few years.

I don't get today's youth. They are lazy and usually just play Madden. 15-20 years ago when people like me were double digits we played Madden but understood it wasn't realistic because we either played the game outside for fun or structured on a team. Now that youth participation has plummeted through fear mongering people think Madden is real. The rule changes have helped with that perception. Yet the play were talking about today most on here wouldn't be willing to take that hit.

Football's popularity is that its once a week, at a certain time on a certain station. No other sport has that. They have 80+ games at random times on random channels. They all have fantasy and have for years. They've all altered the rules in a way or another to promote offense but no league is as glaring at it as the NFL. They've mostly eliminated defense.

All fantasy does it make the weak dude out there who know they can't play feel like they can play. It's a nerds game.
Guess what, that's a lot more fans for the NFL, making it even more popular. Let's be honest you claim to be a fan and there's no way you could play in the NFL so I don't see your point.

No other sport is as suited for fantasy as football is, and football is on 3x a week not one day so you're completely off-base again.

Youth participation is down because it is an incredibly violent sport and risking your kids having concussions in there developing years is dangerous and stupid.

The biggest issue with football is that it's not necessarily a great live-viewing experience, it can be a very slow game with so many breaks due to commercials/reviews etc. that watching at home is a better experience than paying to go see it in person. Well that and the fact that it's a very dangerous sport.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I liked Gase in Chicago as our OC

But yeah cant defend him as a HC at this point

Complete disaster

Some guys aren't meant to go higher then offensive coordinator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad